Currently, there are a great many bunk beds of various modifications and trim levels. You can choose the right option for any layout and style. Many parents sooner or later face the question: which bed will be most suitable for their children? Today we’ll talk about which two-tier models should be selected for girls.
Features, pros and cons
Bunk beds have always been enviable. Similar interior items are chosen by many parents, as they easily fit into almost any environment.
Bunk beds can significantly save free space. Currently, many apartment owners are faced with a lack of footage. For such conditions, you have to select the appropriate furniture, which will not take up much space. Two-tier models are the most optimal options for dwellings of a small area.
Experts do not recommend placing two children in one berth. In such an environment, they will not be able to quickly and calmly fall asleep. Often, fidgets, playing on one bed, cause each other injuries. In addition, if children grow up with different types of temperament, then they should not fall asleep on one bed, as one of them will try to sleep, and the second will still be awake. Such problems can be avoided if children are placed in separate sleeping places of a two-level bed.
Psychologists say that such furniture is simply necessary for a growing body, as it creates the necessary personal space.
It is very important for young users to have their own cozy corner, in which they can relax, read a book and sleep well.
Modern furniture factories produce various bunk beds. They are made of different materials and complemented by different details.
Especially popular in our time are multifunctional products, complemented by spacious drawers, shelves, chests of drawers, stairs, slides, steps and even entire desks. Such additions can be a continuation of the bed frame or be installed in a large niche with sleeping places. Multifunctional duplex beds are the best solutions if you do not have a large living area. Using such models, you can refuse stationary drawers and wardrobe in the children's room, saving an already modest space.
Modern duplex beds are available in a wide range. They differ from each other not only in configurations, but also in color solutions. Especially for girls, beautiful items are produced in delicate peach, pink, coral, purple or orange tones. Such furniture does not have significant drawbacks. Duplex beds, stylized specifically for the little princess, will cost consumers more than standard options.
When buying such a model, it is worth considering the fact that the sleeping bed located on the upper tier cannot be made longer.
In accordance with this drawback, it is recommended to buy beds with more impressive sizes, so that the growing child is as comfortable and comfortable as possible. Experts say that the best option would be a sleeping bed, the length of which exceeds the growth of a small user by 20 cm.
The main disadvantage of bunk beds is the unsafe location of the child on the upper tier. In order not to worry about the little princess, it is worth choosing instances equipped with side skirts. The more active and mobile the child is, the higher these details should be. It is recommended to choose safe and convenient products, supplemented with ladders and steps. With the help of these devices, girls can easily climb the second floor of the bed.
Children's bunk beds for girls are different. Let us consider in more detail the most practical and functional varieties.
- Most often in furniture stores there are two-level beds of traditional designs . Similar models are distinguished by a concise and minimalistic design. These varieties are great for teenage girls over 12 years old. By design, such varieties are 2 divided sleeping beds located one above the other. Two levels are joined together using a small staircase.
- The models supplemented by the working area are in great demand today . These bunk beds are equipped with tables of different sizes. They can be used for creativity, drawing or for homework. That is why such options are bought for girls of primary school age and teenage sisters.
- Very practical are models with cabinets . Such options allow you to solve the problem of placing various things the inhabitants of the room. By design, these products are 2 separate beds for sleeping, installed on different tiers and equipped with a wardrobe. Most often, the filling of the storage compartment consists of a bar for hanging hangers with clothes, pull-out drawers and shelves. Cabinets in these designs can have swinging, folding or compartment doors.
In two-level copies for young users, cabinets and shelves can be located in different areas. Modern manufacturers offer customers the following options for arranging beds and storage systems:
- Beds with corner cupboards . In these configurations, the upper sleeping bed is located directly above the store.
- Beds with a wall . In such modifications, the wardrobe is located near the lower sleeping space. It serves as a storage and stable support for the next floor.
- Designs with two separate cabinets . Such bunk beds have storage systems located at the ends of the beds.
- For a cozy bedroom, you can buy a two-level transformer bed . Such furniture is high-tech. With its help, you can rationally save the available space. The main advantage of this model is that it can be divided into functional components.
For example, at night, such a berth will fulfill its main function, and during the day it will transform into other interior items, changing its functional characteristics.
Today in stores there are two-level transformers of the following configurations:
- wardrobe bed;
- sofa bed;
- chest of drawers.
Small sizes are characterized by low matryoshka beds. Similar products are recommended to be bought for little girls. The height of the nesting dolls allows the smallest users to climb them without using additional means (stairs, steps, etc.). When folded, such products are a small single bed of medium height. Under the berth they have another bed, which can be easily removed if necessary.
In the lower part of such beds linen boxes are often present. Some manufacturers produce more functional options with spacious storage systems.
The main advantages of matryoshka beds are:
- compact dimensions;
- absolute safety during use;
- such furniture does not cause fear of heights in children;
- nesting dolls are much cheaper than their counterparts.
For a children's room, experts recommend choosing environmentally friendly and reliable beds made of wood.
- The most durable and durable products are beech, alder and oak. Such instances are expensive, but they are high-quality and very attractive.
- Less expensive are pine and birch models . Specialists recommend purchasing such beds for little girls, as they will quickly grow out of more expensive products and will have to be replaced with new furniture.
- Widespread and inexpensive are two-story children's beds from MDF or particleboard. These materials look similar to natural wood, but are less strong and wear-resistant.
- It is not recommended to buy a bed made of chipboard for children . This material consists of wood waste bonded with formaldehyde resins. Such substances are harmful to health. Many manufacturers today supplement such furniture with veneer to stop the release of harmful substances.
- The safest are sheets of chipboard class E1. They differ in the minimum content of formaldehyde resins.
- Also , beds made of furniture panels are durable and durable . This material is a plate consisting of wooden blocks. It can be beautifully crafted and threaded. But if you decide to decorate furniture with such elements, then it is better to contact experienced specialists.
- The most reliable and durable are metal products . These beds have excellent stability. Over time, they do not begin to creak or stagger.
- However, it is worth noting that such furniture is very heavy . It is difficult to rearrange it to another place.
How to choose?
For little princesses, it is recommended to choose original beds, stylized as castles of pink shades, beautiful carriages or fabulous towers. For children of school age, the best option is a two-level bed with additional drawers and a work desk. Such a space will be very useful and convenient for homework, reading books and other educational activities.
Choose only high-quality and durable models from well-known furniture factories. Do not save on materials. It is advisable to buy options with ladders and steps for convenient and safe use. For little girls, an ideal option would be a bed with side panels. They can be located on the upper or on both tiers.
You can watch even more varieties of bunk beds for girls in the next video.