IconBIT was founded in 2005 in Hong Kong. Today it is widely known, not only as a manufacturer of media players, the company produces tablets, projectors, speakers, smartphones, scooters and other modern products under its brand. In Russia, there is an affiliate network of a company that promotes the IconBIT brand.
The company's media players have different technical levels, but all of them reproduce video films, music, and photos quite qualitatively. Media players are an order of magnitude higher than BluRay players, CD players, and DVD players. Their advantages are as follows:
- quickly, cheaply and simply you can replenish the collection of music and films;
- search in the media library is very convenient, finding and running the desired file is a matter of one minute;
- storing information on media player files is easier than on disks;
- running files on the player is easier and more enjoyable than on a computer; watching movies from a TV is more convenient than watching from a computer monitor.
IconBIT media players have good playback of content, working with files on internal and external media.
The IconBIT line of players contains a variety of models; they can be connected to a computer, TV, or any monitor.
- IconBIT Stick HD Plus. The media player greatly expands the capabilities of the TV. It is endowed with a hard drive, Android operating system, 4 GB memory. By connecting to the HDMI port, it transfers multimedia information to the TV from the microSD card. Using Wi-Fi, data is exchanged with a computer or other portable devices.
- IconBIT Movie IPTV QUAD. The model without a hard drive, the operating system Android 4.4, supports 4K UHD, Skype, DLNA. It has flexible settings, an infrared control panel, can work 24 hours a day without loss of stability. Of the shortcomings, there is a reset of the clock after turning off the memory, there is not enough power for some games. A browser with a large number of pages is overloaded with difficulty.
- IconBIT Toucan OMNICAST. The model is compact, without a hard drive, easy to use, synchronizes with the computer quickly, connects to the network using Wi-Fi, stably holds the signal.
- IconBIT XDS73D mk2. The device has a stylish appearance, reads almost all formats, including 3D. Without a hard drive, supports wired internet.
- IconBIT XDS74K. The gadget without a hard drive, runs on Android 4.4, supports 4K UHD. But, unfortunately, it has the majority of negative reviews on the forums.
- IconBIT Movie3D Deluxe. The model has an excellent design, reads almost all formats, when it hangs, it is forced to turn off (by button). The disadvantages include a tight browser, the presence of only two USB-portals, the published noise.
Features of choice
IconBIT media players can be of different types.
- Stationary. This candy bar is slightly larger than other models, it connects to a TV and performs various multimedia functions.
- Portable. A compact device, but its functions are more limited than the stationary version. For example, it does not accept optical discs, designed for limited conditions.
- Smart stick The gadget is like a USB flash drive, connected to the TV via a USB-portal. The player expands the capabilities of the TV, turning it into a Smart TV, but still inferior in the number of functions of the stationary model.
- Gadgets with a camera and microphone are installed directly on the TV.
- IconBIT produces media players designed for tablets, and also produces media players with connections for multiple HDDs at the same time.
Everyone knows for himself what type of media player he needs. When the type of gadget is resolved, you should decide on the hard drive option (internal or external).
- A media player with an external hard drive has a more compact form and works virtually silently.
- A device with a built-in hard drive is capable of storing a much larger amount of data, but it emits noise during operation.
When choosing, it is better to give preference to models with fast disk rotation (5400 rpm), they are less noisy. The wider the memory of the media player, the larger the film format can be recorded on it.
Choose a gadget that supports Wi-Fi 5, other types can be considered obsolete.
The IconBIT Movie IPTV QUAD model does not respond to machines when the TV is turned on (does not turn on). In the fifth version, when you try to power up, it slows down, it offers a shutdown or restart, it does not go into sleep mode.
IconBIT XDS73D mk2 has problems with RM format (it slows down). The function of Skype and frame-by-frame viewing disappears. It works only as a player on its own firmware, if flashing from evavision or inext, it will work fine.
The IconBIT XDS74K model is one complete failure, the image is muddy, problems with sound, not all formats are opened.
Judging by the reviews, IconBIT media players are more likely to be praised than scolded. But negative enough can be found on the forums. Budget cost makes gadgets affordable for many users. And to buy or not, you decide.
See below for an overview of the IconBIT Stick HD Plus.