Ceresit brand products are in great demand throughout the world, and Russia is no exception. First-class products can easily be found in any hardware or construction store, and the name Ceresit is already a guarantee that any product created in the company's workshops is of high quality, reliable and durable.
The brand gained fame and popularity thanks to a responsible approach to its work. Not surprisingly, quality products have captured a large market for building materials. Among other things - grout for Ceresit tiles, the types and application of which indicate that the best product for hiding tile joints can not be found.
Advantages and disadvantages
The fact that absolutely all products of TM Ceresit has excellent characteristics will tell any professional builder and every layman who at least once in his life had to deal with repairs. Positive feedback has grout for tiles of this brand.
The list of positive qualities includes:
- Wide range of. The company made it possible for each client to choose exactly the type of grout that is needed for a particular case. On the shelves there are grouts for ceramic tiles, artificial stone, mosaics and other lining decorative coatings.
- Species variety of grout. Choosing Ceresit cladding is necessary not only on the basis of the material of its production, but also taking into account the characteristics of the application. For example, Ceresit produces moisture-resistant grout for rooms with a high level of humidity (swimming pools, industrial premises and so on). Also in the assortment of the company there are grouts created specifically for use in conditions of low or, conversely, high temperature.
- Rich color scheme. It does not matter what tile the surface was laid out: plain, multicolor, with or without a pattern. For each type of decorative coating, you can choose a grout that is ideal in color, the palette allows you to do this without much difficulty.
- Excellent wear resistance.
- Invulnerability to fungal infections.
- Excellent water repellent.
- The grout dries quickly, and after hardening it is easy to clean, dirt and various contaminants do not stick to the glossy surface.
- It retains its original color for a long time and does not lend itself to deformation.
- It can be used for both outdoor and indoor use.
Ceresit grout has a large list of advantages, but this product also has disadvantages:
- After drying completely, the color of the lining may change, and it does not always correspond to the color indicated on the package. For this reason, experts advise buying grout in a store where you can always test any sample you like.
- Some types of grout are sold in paper bags. This is not always good, especially if the conditions specified by the manufacturer for storage and transportation of the bulk product were not met. Some buyers note that stones were found after opening in bags with lining, which indicates that the grout was in a waterlogged room and, having gained moisture, was petrified.
The modern market of building materials knows such types of grouts from the Ceresit brand:
- CE 33 Super. Designed for decorating tile openings with a width of not more than 5 mm. It can be used on external walls. Ideal for finishing the toilet and kitchen, it is resistant to low temperatures, has excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- CE 35 Super. Used for sealing joints between tiles, from 4 mm to 15 mm thick. It has water-repellent properties, does not respond to exposure to sunlight and precipitation. Can be used in pools. This type of grout must be selected if you have to work with facing the surface with decorative stone, marble and other similar materials.
- CE 43 Super Strong. Material for tile joints (4-20 mm) of increased strength. It can be used in all weather conditions, since the grout has waterproof and hydrophobic properties, it is resistant to temperature extremes and sunlight. It is applied to any materials of a lining, except for marble and a glazed tile.
- CE 40 Aquastatic. Designed for the restoration of joints between tiles up to 10 mm thick. It is immune to temperature fluctuations; it easily tolerates both its high and low indices. Due to such technical characteristics it can be used in rooms with underfloor heating or outdoors. Easy to clean due to dirt and water repellent properties.
- CS 25. Silicone-based agent for sealing joints between tiles 5 to 30 mm wide. Ideal for use in the bathroom and kitchen area. It has excellent antifungal properties.
- CE 79 UltraPox. Epoxy grout, can be used to close joints of any width. It is characterized by increased resistance to abrasion, used for cladding internal and external surfaces. Resists chemicals that are present in cleaning products.
Each packaging of Ceresit grout contains a detailed description of what the product is made of, how to use it, so working with such material is easy.
As a rule, the instruction dictates such steps for use:
- Grouting can be done only after the tile adhesive has hardened. If laying was carried out on a cement-sand mixture, then this time should be at least one week.
- No residue of glue, dust, grease on the edges of the tiles should not be. For better grip, you can walk on them with a damp cloth.
- If the old cladding is filled, the entire contents of the seams must be removed. The grooves should be equal in depth and width.
- You can pre-test whether grouting pigments will stain the surface of the tile (this sometimes happens).
The preparation of the mixture is as follows:
- In order for the dry mixture to mix well, you need to pour water at room temperature into it. The amount of liquid is taken strictly according to the instructions, otherwise the technical characteristics of the grout will deteriorate. The end result should not be a liquid consistency, but a solution, like thick sour cream, without lumps.
- If a small amount of the mixture is needed, it can be done manually, but if large volumes are required, it is more convenient to mix all the starting components with a drill with a nozzle or a construction mixer.
- After this, you need to wait 5 minutes, let the mixture "rest" and mix it again. The manufacturer gives 60 minutes of time to use the resulting composition, after which the grout will harden and become lumpy.
A rubber spatula is best suited for working with grout for joints. Such a convenient fixture is applied to the tile with crosswise grouting. If excess is formed, it should be collected and reused elsewhere. To mix well, you need to leave it “alone” for about 10 minutes. Next, the surface of the tile must be wiped with a damp sponge. It is not worth wetting the rags too much, otherwise the seams may turn out to be heterogeneous. For example, the white mixture will turn gray in places, and the dark brown, on the contrary, will brighten. After the mixture has completely solidified (about one day), the tile needs to be wiped again with a rag. The optimum temperature at which it is recommended to perform grouting is from +5 to + 30 ° C, the exception is silicone grout, it can also be applied at a temperature of +40.
Work with silicone grout includes the following steps:
- All surfaces adjacent to the seam must be covered with masking tape.
- Insert a polymer tourniquet into the grooves of the seams.
- The cone on the can with elastic lining must be cut so that its diameter matches the width of the seam.
- Then you need to evenly fill all the seams.
- After 10-15 minutes you need to moisten the sealant with soap and water and smooth over with a wet spatula, removing all unnecessary. After these manipulations, you can remove the masking tape.
- The thickness of the grout should be half the width of the inter-tile groove.
- To remove fresh silicone grout, you need to use alcohol or acetone, and if it hardens, only the mechanical method will help.
Application of epoxy lining
Epoxy grout consists of two components in one package. To prepare the mixture, you need to pour the hardener into the epoxy resin and mix everything thoroughly with a mixer. The mixture can work for 90 minutes. When filling the joints, there should be no gaps; the grooves must be completely filled with the prepared mixture. A special spatula for epoxy coatings is suitable for these purposes. With this tool, you can remove unnecessary inclusions. You can also use the mounting gun. In this case, the mixture is applied in the same way as silicone grout.
Application of hydrophobic antifungal grout
A special composition for facing joints is applied as follows:
- At the first stage of work, the seams are cleaned of all contaminants, in difficult cases, the application of a fungicidal preparation is allowed.
- The grout should be evenly distributed in the grooves.
- Adjacent surfaces are pre-covered with masking tape.
- The spray can must be shaken well and filled into the joints with a special brush.
- After that, it is necessary to maintain a pause of 5 to 15 minutes and remove all excess impregnation with a wet sponge.
- To remove fresh impurities, just wipe them with plain water, only solvent can remove dried ones.
How to grout, see in the next video.