The partition cabinet can be used not only for zoning the room and dividing it into several functional zones, but also as a decorative addition. Everything related to this piece of furniture will be discussed in our article.
What it is?
To change the surrounding space, you can use all kinds of options for interior walls, screens and other construction and furniture objects.
Interior barriers must meet the following requirements:
- nice design;
- various options for execution;
- stability and structural strength;
- good soundproofing;
However, if you need a place for a large number of things, there is a desire to diversify the interior with an interesting design solution or even to allocate a separate room in the room - you need a special type of furniture consisting of sections for different purposes (for equipment, clothes, decor items).
In this case, the most reasonable solution would be to use a cabinet instead of a partition that performs the functions that you need, including not only storage, but also the ability to integrate household appliances, tables, doors.
We denote the following main ones:
- Shelving - an interior item consisting of shelves and vertical walls is either one-way (access to stored items is provided on one side) or two-way (stored items can be placed and removed from two sides). Plus shelving in ease of use of content. In addition, a shelf open on both sides provides access to light in the enclosed part.
- Normal, with hinged doors. It should be remembered that such furniture takes up a lot of space and when designing it is necessary to plan in which direction the doors will open and take into account their width. Such furniture is less convenient, but, as a rule, more affordable.
- "Coupe". A distinctive feature is the sliding door, which can significantly save housing. Modern storage systems of this kind are not only convenient and have a large number of variations on how they will be used internally, but will also become an interesting design decision due to the abundance of decoration materials, mirrors or unique photo printing.
The cabinet can be double, combine niches of a rack, doors on hinges, rollers, monorails, sliding elements.
Two-sided models in any performance will be more practical, compared with more familiar models with access from one side.
Depending on whether the cabinets are associated with the architectural elements of the room, they can be divided into:
- built-in (the side walls are the floor, ceiling, walls);
- partially built-in (when room elements replace one or two parts);
- stationary (freestanding, having an independent cover, bottom, doors, rear wall).
The shape of the cabinet partition can be:
- with rounded ends.
The form directly depends on the features of the room and wishes regarding the functions that it should perform. So, angular and trapezoidal are most capacious, but take up more space. At the same time, the cabinet-trapezoid with a rounded end will have a more streamlined shape and will provide more convenient access to another part of the room.
Directly from the external image depends on its internal content. For example, straight and angular models have more options for retractable systems, which will make it possible to better use their capacity.
According to the functional accessories, there are cabinets:
- Wardrobe (used for clothes) - usually equipped with a lowered or stationary bar for hangers, hooks for clothes that do not crease; drawers, shelves for clothes, holders for ties, retractable multifunctional baskets full or partial extension, mirrors for reflection to the waist or in full growth, spacious niches for shoes.
- Linen (for storing linen) - shelves, niches, drawers and containers are included in the package.
- Bookstores - most often consist of shelves with transverse racks, with or without doors. The doors, depending on the style, can be glass, with stained-glass windows, tinted.
- Kitchen (for household and kitchen items). Their equipment may include both closed and open shelves, fully or partially retractable systems and drawers, small bottles, towel and napkin holders, and ironing boards, tables, bar counters, work planes for cooking, a window for serving food, built-in appliances ( permissible by technical parameters)
- Utensils (commonly used glass shelves and doors).
- Showcases - for exhibiting goods or exhibits.
- For toiletries - convenient in bathrooms and toilets. Here, special attention should be paid to material resistant to high humidity.
- For children's rooms. When choosing, it is necessary to establish compliance with international standards for use in direct contact with children.
- With a door when it is attached to the exterior wall of the structure.
- Special purpose (instrumental, laboratory, weapons, for overalls or special equipment).
- Combined. Probably the most widespread, since in a "clean" form this or that cabinet is extremely rare. At the request of the customer, his individual project can be started with a variety of components.
The main materials from which the sections are made can be wood, chipboard, MDF, plywood, metal, plastic, glass . When choosing a material, it is necessary to take into account not only how it looks, but also compliance with international certificates, how suitable this material is for a particular room, safety, durability.
For example, a monorail sliding door mechanism is more reliable than a roller. Metal rollers will last longer than the same, but made of plastic. Among the profiles of the sliding system, steel should be preferred. Since it is characterized by high strength, wear resistance, durability. Aluminum, as a result, is less reliable, but more pleasant.
Pay attention to products made of chipboard, made according to European standards - they contain less formaldehyde. Modern facades are decorated with various types of glass, leather, acrylic, etc.
The choice of a reliable edge, front and inner coating, as well as high-quality fittings will allow you to maintain a pleasant impression of the purchased furniture for many years.
What is it needed for?
The actual layout of the apartments is not designed for the premises as a whole, but for its parts, which are freely placed in a specific residential area. The result is a huge territory that performs a variety of functions - recreational, residential, household.
Free planning is most often used in the construction of apartments of a democratic type, its meaning is to independently create amenities for one person, as well as for a group of individuals or family and in its change over time. For example, if the organization has changed the number of workers or the family has children. No need to make changes that take time and money, destroying what is in the way - you just need to create a territory on which it will be comfortable to live or work.
When the question of zoning arises, for example, to allocate a nursery or an office, to separate a recreation area for employees in the office or to increase the locker room for workers - the internal walls come to the rescue. They can be made of various materials, which, of course, are not without advantages, but almost all are devoid of mobility (it is impossible to move the wall if desired) and you can use a wall made of drywall or brick in any way. While the borders created with the help of furniture, easier to change their location and carry a lot of additional practical and aesthetic functions.
Zoning is a clear allocation of areas with homogeneous functions in a room.
The basic principles of zoning are:
- The formation of internal short bonds.
- Separation of functioning zones.
- Dependence on social, age and other characteristics of people who are regularly in the building and their lifestyle.
One of the options for zoning your home can be a separator such as a closet.
Acting as a partition, the dividing function, bordering on the functions, becomes the first priority:
- storage of things;
- saving footage in the room;
- additions to the general style;
This subject allows to do without construction, installation of unaesthetic fences from textiles and other devices. There is more storage space. Since such a cabinet can be made in different styles - there is room for imagination. There is no need to break anything, there are lightweight constructions that will allow you to perform work with the least intrusion into the environment and without high costs.
Space sharing options
This is one of the important components of any design project. It is it that creates a unique, comfortable interior, functionally or visually dividing into zones and placing emphasis.
The main techniques that are used here:
- With the help of color accents (of course, we are talking about colors that combine with each other, but give the parts of the room a certain autonomy). Visually it works. But a significant drawback is the lack of convenience and functionality.
- The method of decorative designs. These include the creation of barriers with niches, shelves, fireplaces, built-in aquariums, arches. Such a solution does not load the general view with unnecessary constructions, supports the general concept of unity, but the visual effect of the border is present. And compared with deaf designs, this method looks more elegant and unobtrusive.
- The construction of the podium. It can be an excellent option for rooms with high ceilings, and the storage containers built into the podium will be an additional advantage.
- Acceptance of zoning using various flooring materials or colors . A fairly economical option and easy to implement.
- Swings in the ceiling and lighting create amazing visual effects.
- The most popular technique is furniture zoning . It is not only beautiful, but also ergonomic and functional, without the use of additional designs.
The most effective will be to combine several of the techniques listed above, this will help give your room a unique look.
As for residential apartments, along with the foregoing, it is also used:
- Zoning on the principle of day and night or, if it relates to the family - common and individual parts. If we take the division of a room in a studio, a one-room apartment or an apartment with a large living room, we end up with two parts - day or general, which is used by all family members and guests and night or individual, where the whole family or part of it is removed for the night and where they do not have access by strangers.
- Differentiation by generality of regular household processes. As a result, we get a room, for example, divided into a kitchen, dining room and relaxation area.
The installation of a partition cabinet in rooms for various purposes has various functions. In the office, such a cabinet will be designed to store documentation, in the store - for storage and exhibition of products, in the production room - for the storage of workwear or tools.
Ideas in the interior
In a living room, the purpose of the partition cabinet will depend on the area in which it is installed. When separating the nursery, it is not out of place to provide for a pull-out table. At the same time, compartments for clothes, shoes, toys, sports equipment are needed.
When separating the office, it is necessary to provide shelves for books and documents.
If, with the help of a narrow cabinet where household goods will be stored, the combined bathroom is blocked, then we will get an original replacement for wall cabinets and a more comfortable pastime.
If you separate the kitchen and dining room or allocate a place for processing, preparation and storage of products in a large room, it is necessary to provide a place for household appliances. It is better if it is a built-in technique, which, with proper installation and operation, will not harm the furniture and will look organically in any environment.
In addition to the options proposed above, a closet as a partition can separate bedrooms, hallways, walk-in closets, pantries, various utility rooms. So we can say that the wardrobe, due to the variety of types and materials, is a unique object that can easily distinguish any room and fit into any stylistic design.
See how to build a shelving partition with your own hands in this video.