A vacuum cleaner is an indispensable assistant in the daily work of a housewife. Today, this technique is not a luxury; it is often bought. Before buying, it is important to understand the models and choose the right one. Different containers act as dust collectors for vacuum cleaners.
For several years now, vacuum cleaners with a dust bag have been leading the market. The price of models is cheaper, and packages for a vacuum cleaner differ in advantages:
- they provide free air flows;
- cheaper in price compared to the price of a container;
- add power to vacuum cleaners that are ergonomic.
In addition to the advantages, vacuum cleaner bags have negative qualities:
- pass fine dust;
- reusable products will have to not only be shaken out, but also washed;
- dust from the bag in any case falls on the hands, and often in the respiratory tract.
The choice of products presented as accessories for vacuum cleaners is very diverse. The line is presented in abundance, it can be of various purposes and configuration. It is sometimes difficult to choose the desired attribute, but in any case, it must cope with the accumulating dirt, not clog prematurely, and be durable. The insufficient density of the bags causes the filter system of the vacuum cleaner to become clogged. In practice, this leads to premature failure of the unit . Especially if the system is not timely cleaned of accumulated dust.
To eliminate premature clogging of the filters, you need to pay attention to the material of manufacture of the bag for the vacuum cleaner.
Another important criterion is the thickness of the dust bag. Of no small importance is the capacity. And also it should fit snugly and be well fixed.
Different materials are used to make the dust bag.
- Paper. This is usually a high-quality filter base with high strength. But such bags are often torn from sharp particles of garbage.
- Synthetics. These bags are usually made of polymer fibers. They have a better filtering transmission feature. Material does not tear from cutting objects that have fallen inside the device.
- Synthetic fiber paper bags are an intermediate modern option that matches the quality characteristics of both previous options.
It is believed that bags can not be cheap, as these are low-quality items.
They will often break, often cause overheating of the engine, and become the cause of clogging of the filtration system. Products can be reusable or disposable.
In addition to disposable and reusable models can be universal. They help in solving the task of replacing the dust collector in a comprehensive manner. Not all firms produce only original products. There are manufacturers who produce package options suitable for different vacuum cleaners. And also such dust-collecting bags are selected for very old devices, when it is no longer possible to select replacement bags of the desired sample.
Bags often differ in the size of the fasteners, the differences in the cartridges inside the device, the size of the hole for the hose.
Universal vacuum cleaner bags feature specialized mounts. Such bags can be used for vacuum cleaners of different brands. It happens that bags for more expensive devices can be replaced with suitable low-cost products. For example, Siemens packages are suitable for Bosch, Karcher and Scarlett brands.
These packages are also called replaceable. Their filtration characteristics are higher, and hypoallergenicity is better. These products not only capture dust, but also retain bacteria and pathogens. Large volumes of bags make it less likely to look inside the vacuum cleaner body. Full tightness allows to prolong operational qualities of the external filter. Replaceable products are positioned as extremely durable, they carry contact with wet particles of litter.
For these bags, non-woven fabric or other synthetic fabric is used. The durability of these bags is higher due to moisture resistant impregnation. The bags are not deformed from contact with sharp cutting objects. Building debris and fine dust can be easily collected inside. Such bags are considered economical to use, since they require only periodic cleaning. After several knockouts, they begin to hold dust poorly.
If the vacuum cleaner has a poor-quality filtration system, fine dust will return with return air flows. If the vacuum cleaner is rarely used, an unpleasant odor will come from such bags over time.
Sometimes there is an active activity of microorganisms. Reusable bags are installed in many models of vacuum cleaners. Thus, manufacturers provide an opportunity to choose. Disposable dust collectors can be purchased on their own. Often a reusable option is offered as a spare when there is no way to pick up the necessary original kits.
Models and their characteristics
Manufacturer and price are important when choosing models. These parameters affect the operation of the vacuum cleaner and the quality of cleaning surfaces. The price is firmly tied to the material from which the bags are made. Fabric synthetic products are more popular than paper products. Such packages are issued by different companies.
- Philips Replaceable bags FC 8027/01 S-Bag are distinguished by their affordable price and long service life. The product filtration system is 5-layer, while maintaining high suction power. The dust collectors of this company can be called universal, as they are suitable not only for Philips vacuum cleaners, but also for Electrolux. The FC 8022/04 series is made of a non-woven base, characterized by an original design. Products can be used repeatedly, but at the same time lose their antiallergenic treatment. Models are affordable.
- Samsung Filtero Sam 02 paper bags are available in 5 pieces per set at a fairly affordable price. Products are considered universal, as they are suitable for all known models of vacuum cleaners of the latest ranges. It is believed that the bags of this series have hypoallergenic qualities, and you can also choose different volumes. Filtero SAM 03 Standard - universal disposable bags that differ in affordable cost. Products are sold only in a set of 5 pieces. Another universal model from this company is Menalux 1840. According to user reviews, a product made of synthetic fabric with a cardboard base for mounting is suitable for all Samsung household vacuum cleaners. The life of these dust collectors is considered to be increased by 50%, and the microfilter plays the role of an option. In the kit, the manufacturer offers 5 products at once.
- Daewoo. This brand produces bag models for the Vesta DW05. The paper product for single use has hypoallergenic properties. The products are considered universal, as they can also be used with Siemens. DAE 01 - bags made of a synthetic base, impregnated with antibacterial compounds. The manufacturer positions the products as heavy-duty, but users give the opposite characteristics. Products are sold at an affordable price, often found in promotional products.
- Siemens Swirl S67 Airspace is a universal dust bag that sells at a low price. The model was originally intended for Siemens devices. Dust collectors are paper, but inside have a thin synthetic fiber, which improves the strength of products.
- Zelmer offers customers affordable products at affordable prices. Instances are universal, hypoallergenic, long-term operation.
- AEG. The company offers bags made of synthetic material Filtero EXTRA Anti-Allergen. Bags consist of 5 layers, have anti-bac impregnation. The products are durable, collect dust well, and additionally provide air purification. Tanks retain the original power of the vacuum cleaner throughout the entire service life.
- "Typhoon". This company offers a range of vacuum cleaner packages with various specifications. For example, paper dust collectors with cardboard mount TA100D are suitable for devices Melissa, Severin, Clatronic, Daewoo. TA98X are compatible with Scarlett, Vitek, Atlanta, Hyundai, Shivaki, Moulinex, and many other popular vacuum cleaners. TA 5 UN is considered compatible with any vacuum cleaner for domestic use. Branded products are distinguished by innovations, modern additions and quality materials. Products are sold at an affordable price.
Any bag - fabric or paper - is a garbage collection device. It is filled with collected garbage along with air masses. It is because of the air currents that the capacity is most often permeable: otherwise garbage bags would immediately burst when the first air masses arrived. The permeability of any garbage bags, disposable or reusable, decreases as they are filled. Air currents waste their power due to obstacles that need to be overcome.
There is no need to choose bulk replacement bags, since filling them reduces the power of your vacuum cleaner.
If the vacuum cleaner is initially equipped with a paper-type dust collector and HEPA filters, do not replace the product with a reusable one: such a replacement is fraught with the appearance of harmful organisms. If your unit equipped with a HEPA filter will work with a reusable bag, organisms accumulated inside will spread throughout the room: a synthetic bag and a filter will not hold up harmful particles.
If the model in a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter is reusable, it is recommended to wash it after each use. However, in this case, bags of reusable type will not be cleaned 100%. Over time, your vacuum cleaner may cause a bad smell to spread due to mold and dampness accumulated inside.
So that buying a bag does not turn out to be a thoughtless and wasteful waste of money, pay attention to the following points:
- filtration quality is better in multilayer products;
- the bag volume is individual and is selected depending on the characteristics of the vacuum cleaner;
- The product should fit your vacuum cleaner model.
It is estimated that the average life of a conventional removable trash bag is about 6 weeks. Bags for German Bosch vacuum cleaners are characterized by increased density. They are made from dense non-woven fabric, which allows you to collect construction waste: wood shavings, concrete particles, sharp objects. Even the glass inside such a bag is not able to violate its integrity.
Products are positioned as antibacterial, so the cost of copies is quite high.
Low-priced products are considered LD, Zelmer, Samsung models. The models have certificates of quality, equipped with filtration systems, which is suitable for cleaning residential premises. Samsung has been presenting its products for over 20 years. The cost of products varies from 5 to 10 dollars. You can even find options for older vacuum cleaners. Philips recommends its products as easy to use as possible. Even reusable manufacturer's models provide reliable protection against dust. The cost of bags is quite affordable.
How to use?
If the vacuum cleaner will work with a filled bag of any type, it will overheat, which will lead to equipment failure. Many try to save money by using disposable bags for as long as possible, but this leads to bad consequences. Do not use disposable paper bags several times. Do not follow the advice that the product can be gently shaken out by cutting the edge, and then secured with tape or a stapler. The lower seam may break during the subsequent filling stage, inside the vacuum cleaner there will be debris that will fall into the filtration system.
A filled disposable bag is best removed and replaced with a new one.
Before placing inside the device, a paper bag must be prepared. Gently squeeze paper residue around the circumference of the inlet. They should be in the middle of the package. Place the bag in the correct compartment of your unit. Track the filling of the bag in accordance with its maximum capabilities: they are no more than 3⁄4 of the total volume.
With an almost empty dust collector, the vacuum cleaner sometimes loses power for the following reasons:
- clogged pipe, nozzle or hose;
- clogging and the need to replace an external filter;
- due to the cleaning of construction debris (for example, plaster dust), the power may drop due to clogged pores of the dust collector: clogged micropores reduce the suction power.
The device with paper bags cannot be used:
- when cleaning flammable and explosive substances;
- hot ash, sharp nails;
- water or other liquids.
All manufacturers prohibit the reuse of paper dust collectors. The filter base can let air through to a certain point. The filtering qualities of the reinstalled bag are degraded, which can lead to damage to household appliances. If you want to save, it is better to choose products from synthetics. Although they are more expensive, they are allowed for reusable use. Even if expensive packages are offered for your vacuum cleaner model, you can always find suitable universal products of good quality, but cheaper in price.
Reusable bags, although they can be cleaned, but over time they worsen the suction power of the vacuum cleaner.
If the performance indicators have deteriorated significantly, you can correct the situation by cleaning the device itself. It is necessary to rinse the filters that stand in front of the motor inside the compartment, as well as the filter from the back of the apparatus, which stands in the way of the exit of air masses. Parts are usually foam or synthetic, so they are washed perfectly under running water. Heavily soiled spare parts may be washed in soapy water with ordinary powder. Then they need to be rinsed, dried and returned to their place.
HEPA filters will require rare attention. Theoretically, they can only be replaced with new ones, but sparing washing of this spare part is allowed to save. The fine air filter should never be washed and brushed.
It is allowed to rinse in a basin with soapy warm water or under a running stream from a tap.
See below for more details.