Today, a huge amount of finishing materials is presented on the market. A special place is occupied by Ural Porcelain Tile, the advantages and disadvantages of which indicate that it is a high-quality and reliable domestic product that can compete with any well-known foreign brand.
In 2005, the Ural Granite plant launched a line for the production of facade and interior decoration materials from ceramic granite. Since then, the company has been able to increase its capabilities, resulting in a wide range of products manufactured from natural components. The raw material used by ZKS LLC for the production of porcelain stoneware was the component mined in the Urals, which was the reason for creating the Ural porcelain stoneware brand. The company quickly gained popularity among consumers because it was able to offer customers the perfect combination of quality and value of its products.
A modern enterprise is a powerful technological complex that produces various products for their intended purpose and external characteristics
The workshops of the Ural Porcelain Plant factory are located in Snezhinsk.
They are equipped with the latest equipment from Italian manufacturers, which is involved in all work processes:
- Porcelain stoneware production: pressing, firing and drying.
- Tile coatings with colored glaze (high-quality imported dyes are used).
- Polishing and rectification (the process of trimming tiles).
- Quality control in special laboratories.
The factory has a quality certificate. And in the product catalog you can see commodity items of various sizes and textures.
Features and Benefits
Porcelain tile is a very strong facing material. It is used to decorate the internal and external surfaces of architectural buildings and for laying floors. Although the name “granite” sounds in the name of the product, in fact there is not a single crumb of this stone in its composition, but all the same components are involved in the production as in the creation of ceramic tiles:
- Quartz sand.
Despite the similarity of the feedstock, the properties of ordinary tiles and porcelain tiles vary significantly. This is due to different manufacturing processes.
In the process of manufacturing porcelain, the prepared composition is pressed at a pressure of 500 kg / cm and fired at a temperature of about 1300 degrees (which is much more than in the process of creating ceramic tiles). Due to such high temperatures, 100% fusion of all materials occurs, and pressure eliminates the possibility of micropores in the finished product.
Colored pigments are not applied to the surface, but added directly to the mixture, so porcelain stoneware remains attractive even after many years of use and if its surface has been damaged by cracks or chips.
The list of advantages of Ural Porcelain Tiles includes:
- Strength. Porcelain tiles are processed under high pressure, which increases their strength and increases the service life, which means that porcelain tiles are durable.
- Resistance to mechanical damage. The surface of porcelain stoneware is quite difficult to spoil. He has high impact strength, so he is not afraid of scratches and chips.
- Moisture resistance. In the finished product there are practically no pores, so the plates do not absorb moisture, and also maintain integrity in any conditions of stay.
- Frost resistance. The manufacturer claims that his product can withstand temperatures from -50 to + 50 degrees, and sudden changes can not destroy the structure of the plates.
- Chemical resistance. Porcelain tile does not give in to action of acids and alkali. High product density prevents stains in the upper layers of the material.
- Ease of care. It is enough to wipe the material with a damp cloth.
- A wide color palette and a variety of fact.
- Fire resistance. Porcelain tile does not burn and does not support combustion.
- Security. Products of TM “Ural Porcelain Tile” do not have a harmful effect on human health.
The company "Ural Porcelain" offers its customers three main collections, consisting of a wide variety of tiles of different colors and formats.
All brand products are presented in the lines:
- "Ural facades."
- "Pottery of the future."
The last line is an innovative product made by mixing different natural ceramic powders. Glaze is not used in this case.
The collection “Ural facades” is a successful combination of a huge number of different shades and formats. The manufacturer offers customers to make a choice of 27 types of multi-colored tiles.
The formats that allow combining tiles of different sizes vary: 600 × 300, 600 × 600, 1200 × 295, 1200 × 600mm.
Differences are also reflected in the type of surface.
Porcelain tile of the Ural plant is created in the following options:
The third collection of Standard porcelain tiles is presented in 10 different shades, including pastel and full color. The texture of the products in this series is the same - only matte tiles are offered to users.
Despite the fact that Ural Porcelain Tile has many advantages, this material also has significant disadvantages that affect the decision of consumers regarding the purchase of this product.
The disadvantages include the fact that it is impossible to insulate porcelain tiles , so the floor with such a lining will always be cold. You can try to put a floor heating system, but this will give consumers additional troubles associated with spending unnecessary finances. Another drawback is a slippery surface, especially when water gets on the floor. For this reason, laying such a tile in the bathroom is a very unfortunate decision.
Also cons include the high cost of porcelain stoneware, however, the mass of its advantages justifies such a price.
Despite the fact that porcelain is a relatively young facing material, it is often chosen due to its excellent technical characteristics. If in the old days, tiles or stone, which was also supplied by the Urals, were used to decorate the floor in public premises (shops, cafes, restaurants, theaters), now designers and ordinary people choose porcelain tiles. It provides much more opportunities for arranging premises.
The main application of this product is its use as a floor covering. It is a reliable and durable material, as well as durable, able to maintain its excellent characteristics for many years. Such indicators make it possible to use porcelain stoneware not only for interior work, but also for installation on external surfaces, for example, sidewalks, stairwells or in landscaping.
Another (no less important) way to use porcelain stoneware is to use it for cladding architectural structures, especially if tiles are required to perform the “ventilated facade” technology.
In this case, the following tasks are solved:
- Reliable and long-lasting protection of the walls of the building is provided.
- The house gets a new beautiful view.
- Additional thermal protection is created, and the cost of operating the building is also reduced.
In this video you will find an overview of the types of porcelain tiles.