The material called “ranfors” has been known in modern everyday life recently, but bed linens from it have long been no longer a novelty in the textile market. The fabric is better known as coarse calico, but it significantly surpasses it in quality characteristics.
What is the material?
Seamstresses and manufacturers of textile sets for sleeping know ranfors even as maxifors or cottonforce. All this is a natural cotton material, characterized by high strength and extraordinary practicality.
Basically, the Ranfors designation can be found on the tags of imported bedding sets. The fabric is ideal for use in this version , as it is a short-creasing, dense and long-lasting pattern. All these advantages of ranfors are similar to calico, more usual for us. But this, rather, is not identical matter, but its improved version.
Ranfors is distinguished by a thinner and twisted thread in weaving and increased density. Due to these qualities, the price of fabric is slightly higher than for less durable analogues. In practice, this is fully justified during the operation of bedding. All components of the kit retain their original softness, smoothness and color for a long time.
According to international standards, one-60 centimeter ranfors should account for 50-60 threads. If we compare this indicator with calico, its density is 42 threads per 1 cm. In addition, the threads in the ranfords are twisted more strongly, which ensures its higher wear resistance.
It is useful to know that for technical requirements it is not forbidden for manufacturers to add a certain percentage of polyester to natural ranfords (in the ratio of 80% cotton to 20% polyester). As a rule, this should be indicated on the label of the finished product. When choosing clothes, you should first pay attention to the composition of the fabric.
Persistent dyes can be applied to ranfors, as to any cotton cloth. This opportunity is used by manufacturers of bedding, creating a wide variety of designs that combine different shades, patterns and patterns. You can not be afraid that a bright and beautiful kit will noticeably fade over time.
The list of positive characteristics of ranforce pleasantly surprises and encourages you to buy linen sewn from this fabric. With so many advantages, there is a surprisingly complete absence of flaws in the material. Bedding sets made of improved coarse calico are distinguished by:
- strength and tear resistance;
- wear resistance, which is ideal for everyday active use;
- the duration of preservation of the original attractive appearance;
- ability to withstand over three hundred wash cycles in automatic mode;
- softness and pleasant tactile sensations when in contact with the body;
- smooth surface and minimal susceptibility to abrasion;
- hygroscopicity: the fabric has the ability to absorb moisture in an amount equal to 1/5 of its own weight, while it dries instantly, leaving no chance of dampness and discomfort in a dream;
- thermoregulation - an important quality for the fabric, which serves as bed linen for the whole night in different seasons;
- breathability, with increased density of weaving, natural fibers have excellent ability to pass air;
- ability not to accumulate dust and static electricity in fibers;
- hypoallergenic, suitable for prolonged contact with sensitive skin;
- color fastness, the fabric is not subject to color loss by shedding and burnout;
- minimum maintenance requirements;
- ease of washing, lack of ironing;
- availability and low cost in comparison with satin sets of similar quality.
Due to its unique natural composition, increased softness and pronounced smoothness, the fabric is ideal for sewing all kinds of sleeping sets - one and a half, euro, double and for the smallest consumers.
Take special care measures for ranfors is not required.
- It is easy to wash the fabric and iron it if necessary. In the process of active use of the canvas, there is no loss of initial quality characteristics and presentable appearance.
- The cotton fabric is resistant to heat during washing and ironing. A very hot iron will not damage the dense fabric. But it is advisable to iron the canvas in steam humidification mode or slightly damp.
- It should be remembered that prolonged drying of the kit in direct sunlight is undesirable. Matter can become yellow and lose its original strength.
- In general, it is an ideal kit for use in home bedrooms, in children's camps, resorts, boarding houses and hotels.
Selection Tips and Reviews
In operation, bedding from ranfors is not inferior to calico and satin. Sleeping on them is comfortable and enjoyable at any time. The thermoregulating properties of the fabric allow you to lay it on the bed in the heat and during the heating season. In any case, it shows itself from the best sides. Ranfors kits are most often purchased for gifts , as a bright and attractive design is conducive to purchase. With such a practical present, it is appropriate to show close friends or colleagues at the anniversary or any other event. No married couple or a lonely person who appreciates comfort will not refuse high-quality linen.
Lovers to soak in bed longer note the extraordinary smoothness of such linen. Perfect gliding prevents friction on the fabric and the appearance of unpleasant to the touch and the appearance of the spools.
In the collections of bedding by well-known manufacturers, there is certainly a set for every taste and interior of residential and hotel space. When buying, experienced consumers are advised to pay attention to the labels on the sets. High-quality linen always contains tags with information about the manufacturer, composition, recommendations for storage, care and product quality certificates. Especially if you plan to use underwear in a children's room or institutions for children.
There are many who want to not only buy, but also fake the popular ranfors. In clandestine workshops, unscrupulous manufacturers under the guise of bed linen from ranfors produce low-quality products. As a rule, labels on such kits do not contain the necessary information or are completely absent. Fake duvet covers, pillowcases and sheets quickly lose their original colorful look. In the heat, matter does not absorb moisture released by the skin, causing diaper rash, irritation and discomfort. In the cold season, sleeping on a slippery cheap fake ranfors is no less unpleasant than in summer.
It is easy to distinguish a copy from the original at the price and preliminary examination of the fabric. It is very noticeable in the light that its density is much lower than it should be. And smoothness, rather, is only visual, caused by the imaginary shine of the canvas, which ensures the presence of a large percentage of synthetics. You should refrain from such a purchase. Such a kit is not able to provide you with anything but disappointment.
Natural ranfors is an economical and practical option for sewing bed linen, comparable in quality to expensive satin. Ranfors' product is inferior to satin only in price. That cannot but please rational housewives and prudent entrepreneurs.
See how to choose bedding from ranfors in the next video.