Despite the heavy use of the Internet, television has not faded into the background. Many people like to spend their free time watching their favorite shows, series or watching the news in the world. In order to watch television broadcasts in good quality, you need to install a street antenna.
In areas with good signal, people can get along with indoor antennas for excellent broadcasting. However, in most regions, you can’t do without a television outdoor antenna to comfortably watch your favorite TV shows and movies. The advantages of this device include the following.
- Due to the high directivity of individual models of external antennas, the maximum signal is obtained during precise aiming at the translator. Also, these devices help to catch stable reflection of radio waves in concrete structures.
- The presence of a street antenna gain for the TV contributes to its operation without the presence of an amplifier even for receiving far-field waves of digital television.
- The devices are made of lightweight aluminum alloy, so they can be easily installed on a wall, wood, low mast.
- An active antenna can pick up the most accurate signal even with interference.
Disadvantages of outdoor antennas:
- the ability to be hit and damaged by birds;
- the antenna is a point for the entrance of a lightning discharge, so during a thunderstorm it must be turned off;
- a fixture installed in an apartment building may interfere with other residents.
According to functionality and appearance, outdoor antennas are divided into the following types.
- Satellite The functioning of the dishes does not depend on the proximity of the television tower, as they are broadcast using satellites. The power of this type of signal is not affected by the relief of the territory. Even the simplest versions of devices, for example, offset and direct focus, easily receive a signal and reproduce the image in high quality. Dishes are able to work with many providers and show a large number of channels.
- "Polish" installations are simple, unpretentious and inexpensive antennas. They consist of a trellised framework and antennae. Such devices are often used in the country. The “Polish” design can catch many local channels. Typically, such devices are placed on a house, roof or pillar by positioning the frame to the side of the television tower.
- "Polish" antenna with an amplifier unit. This device has a built-in amplifier in its design, so it belongs to the active ones. The purchase of such a design allows you to significantly expand the list of received channels, as well as improve the quality of the broadcast. In the design of the device there are several blocks located most advantageously for a good acceptance of the channels. The installation of this type of outdoor antenna should be carried out as high as possible.
- Aerial on a running wave. The device is characterized by high receiving capabilities, as well as compactness. All composite structures are mounted as one common boom. This type of device is able to function with several ranges. This characteristic is considered very important for those settlements that are far from the tower.
- Digital A device of this type consists of a tuner that processes a digital signal and a frame mounted on the street. In this case, the tuner picks up signals. Such an outdoor television antenna is considered an excellent option for people living near the city.
By type, the outdoor antennas for TVs are divided into passive and active. The former have an external converter, while the latter have an integrated amplifier. The signal reception quality of both types of devices is almost the same, the difference is in the service life.
Active antennas do not have additional protection, so they function for about a year. Passive devices last much longer.
Currently, a large number of models of television outdoor antennas are presented on the modern market. Each of the devices is characterized by adaptability to individual factors, such as geolocation of housing, location of the nearest tower, signal transmission quality. When choosing a street TV design, it is worth considering the above factors.
The most popular models of TV devices include the following.
- "Delta . " These antennas are presented in the form of narrowly targeted devices, as well as universal broadband. Most Delta antennas work with digital signals. They connect easily, receive and process signals well.
- Lokus. Devices from this manufacturer are both active and passive. These antennas are characterized by affordable price and good quality. Due to the simplicity of the design, no specific tools are required during installation.
- Harpoon . This manufacturer of antennas produces goods with affordable value. These devices can function even in an area with an uncertain signal.
- GoldMaster. Despite the low cost of antennas, they are characterized by the ability to receive a signal even in areas with poor coverage. Devices work well in rural areas and tolerate even bad weather.
How to install?
An outdoor antenna for digital television should be installed taking into account the terrain. It is desirable that the translator has a direct line of sight to the signal . If the room is in a lowland, then the structure should be mounted on a separate mast. Upland housing contributes to the ability to install a television fixture on a tree, wall, and roof.
The antenna should be mounted on a bracket, not directly on a mast or tree trunk. The bracket allows you to scroll and tilt the fixture. Also, the block retainer is quite conveniently fixed on it. When installing, it is worth using a cable, which is designed for outdoor use and for working along a line length of 300 meters or more.
It is not so difficult to connect the antenna, for this it is enough to follow the rules that are indicated in the instructions. After the outdoor device is connected, you will need to configure it. To do this, in the TV setup, select the automatic channel settings section.
After the image appears on the screen, you can adjust the image quality.
See how to install a street antenna for your TV in the next video.