In the modern abundance of furniture complexes, a huge variety of goods is provided to equip the bedroom with everything necessary. Often, many of these products stand out from the competition not only in comfort and grandeur, but also in limited availability for the average buyer. A large number of young families still live in very small areas, which results in the difficulty in choosing furniture. In this situation, bunk-type beds come to the rescue, having earned confidence in terms of efficiency and are in great demand among buyers. The monopolist among suppliers of such beds is a giant company - IKEA.
Each product from IKEA is part of a common design project. The purchase of furniture has always been a serious and responsible business, for this reason it is not necessary to rush here, focusing attention on the design features. When choosing an attic bed, it is possible to pick up additional elements for different occasions - a chest of drawers, a table or accessories for a nursery:
- The bunk bed , made of wood and equipped with a solid staircase, as well as side cabinets and caskets under the steps, looks interesting .
- IKEA metal bunk bed , developed according to the standards of the concept of minimalism, will be an excellent choice for adolescents, especially for boys who are not particularly prone to a lot of frills, but rather prefer multifunctionality and comfort. The bed is represented by several types, which, in addition to the surface of the sleeping space, may also include a desk, a pull-out sofa or wardrobe. The table can be used to create a full-fledged working area for the student.
- The simplest model is a sleeping place at the top and a table at the bottom . For more optimal use, other models are equipped with additional small dressing rooms and bedside tables, consisting of several sections.
- A bunk bed with a retractable berth , which provides the opportunity to put three children to bed.
Today it is not difficult to find an IKEA store, almost everyone has it by ear. Of course, bunk beds can be used as a bed for adults, however, the main users of such products are still children. In IKEA hypermarkets, there is a huge assortment of products designed primarily for children. Models are made of a wide variety of materials, have a rich configuration, as well as functional productivity:
- Kyura. A cot for children; a four- or even three-year-old child can sleep on it, if the baby is used to sleeping without a mother. This model is created from solid pine, and covered with transparent varnish. You can modify the appearance of such a crib thanks to multi-colored panels. IKEA makes it possible to modify the design of the bed using an arched canopy of fabric. Such models are extremely convenient. At the age when the child is still small, the bed is downstairs: the child himself is safe and his mother can quite easily change his bed. When the baby grows up, the structure is placed in a standard way, and a large playground appears on the first tier.
- Tromso Strong and reliable design of the Tromso model from IKEA for the room of a child of young or middle age. A steel model is being developed. Damaging the bed is quite difficult: the coating is very resistant to moisture. From floor to bottom, the height of the structure is 164 centimeters. With these parameters, a full-fledged workplace can be organized for the child. The total height of the product is 216 centimeters. IKEA advises taking this model with high parameters of ceilings - 2.6–2.7 meters. In terms of size, the model is considered one and a half (140x200 centimeters). In this model, the sides are high, which protects the child from falls.
An important point here is that instead of a vertical staircase, there is an inclined staircase, moreover, you can install such a bed both on the left and on the right.
- Stuva. The Stuva model bed appears before the buyer in the form of a collected workplace for the student. The height of this design is 193 centimeters, and the size of the sunbed is suitable for the size of a single type bed. A model of this type is presented in several different variations. The butt of one edge of the bed is a kind of compartment with shelves or even a combination of shelves and a compartment for a children's wardrobe.
A truly multifunctional desk with a chest of drawers is located on the first tier, here the buyer can choose a complete set with open shelves, with one or even three and four drawers.
- Swarta. Metal based construction in its “traditional” steel coating. Of course, this is not at all the original color of the metal itself, since the base is necessarily processed with a polymer composition. Such a coating protects against spontaneous destruction of the metal and is quite comfortable to the touch, not at all cold, like ordinary metal. The sleeping dimensions of such a model are suitable for template characteristics - 90x200 centimeters.
- Sturo. Sturo is considered the second highest characteristics among the varieties of IKEA models. The wooden base undergoes a stain treatment, getting a stylish black shade, and varnishes. The total height of such a crib is 214 centimeters, and the distance to the bottom is 153 centimeters. A large sleeping space - 140x200 centimeters will be convenient not only for the younger generation, but even for adults. The ladder in this model can be mounted both on the left and on the right. The rack bottom is also supplied.
Among the endless abundance of material choice, wood, metal and plastic are in great demand among buyers:
- Oak cribs have an almost unlimited service life , they are quite durable and reliable, blend perfectly with home decor, and are also completely silent. High-quality and luxurious models are made from the base of birch. Beech, alder or ash wood has an unrivaled color and will transform any room with its presence. Solid pine is the most commonly used component when designing an attic bed.
- The metal base of the berth is a durable support, which, with all this, adds a kind of plasticity to the bed and maintains undeniable reliability. An iron bed always looks more reliable than analogues from other materials.
- Plastic is often used to make bunk beds for the smallest. These cribs are presented in a rich multi-colored palette and a variety of models. The appearance of such creations is usually based on fabulous themes.
When choosing a two-tier structure, a rather important factor is its size. When a bed is bought for a teenager or adult, then its parameters should be at least 90x200 centimeters. It is important to remember that for a child who is still growing, a bed should be purchased adjusted for an extra bed.
Provided that the ceiling height in the living room is quite limited, and we all know that children love to have fun on the bed, a sleeping place located under the ceiling can cause physical bruises. Therefore, when buying a crib for a child, the choice should be given to a product with a height of 160 to 180 centimeters.
Reliability is a fundamental factor in any IKEA baby product. When creating furniture, extremely reliable elements are used to ensure a good fixation of the bed and its immobility. The presence of increased sides with a rigid crossbar filling is a separate plus. IKEA experts advise buying an attic bed for children over 6 years old.
Such beds allow you to create space on the first tier for entertainment or a workplace, which means that the distance from the bottom of the bed to the floor is more than sufficient so that the child can move freely under the second tier. Therefore, the height of such a model will be impressive - up to 206 centimeters. Width - measured by the size of the upper sleeping space.
Beds of the Stuva variety, for example, have a width of 99 centimeters, and Tromso is equipped with an upper double bed. If there is free space at the lower level, the bed base can cover a fairly large part of the area. It is also necessary to take into account the interesting fact that the bed, without reducing the space of the room, superficially reduces the ceiling area and prevents full lighting. This point should be considered when buying such a bed, you may need additional lighting in the room.
Most IKEA attic beds are equipped with an extra hold function. This moment does not depend on the weight of their small owners, but on the increased dynamic load that they create.
Ideas for placement in the interior
A variety of design solutions makes it possible to fit the design into almost any interior. Sleeping on the loft bed is always much more interesting than on the regular model. Beds of this type provide the opportunity to use the space twice. In the case when the bed is used on the first floor only as a guest, adding just a few decorative pillows will turn the bed into a comfortable sofa. At the same time, there is a lot of space under the attic bed and can be used for any purpose.
In general, the reviews about beds from IKEA are more than positive. Many buyers note a truly high level of reliability of all models, children's satisfaction with such lock beds, and the quietness of wooden options. A separate plus is the affordable cost of the company's products. Buyers emphasize that almost every young family with a child or children can afford loft beds.
In the video below, you can visually evaluate all the advantages of Ikea cots.