A drill is a tool whose main purpose is to rotate the drill when making holes. Such a tool is usually used during repairs, which simplifies the work. Also, to increase the functionality of the tool, various adapters, nozzles or adapters can be used that make the drill universal.
What it is?
The angle nozzle is designed to make holes in places where it is impossible to penetrate with a conventional drill. Its body has parts that are located at an angle of 90 degrees, and inside is the drive spindle, as well as a device for holding the drill and its rotation. On the surface of the body is an element for attaching the device to the drill itself. Rotary sleeves are placed one inside the other inside the housing, which allows the drill to rotate and not create a lot of noise.
For some types of work, only drills with angled nozzles need to be used , since the holes may not have enough space to place a tool or a screwdriver head there. If you have to screw the screws into a soft surface, you can adapt and use other tools, such as angle screwdrivers. In all other cases, and especially when drilling metal, you need to use a more powerful tool, and here you can not do without an angled nozzle.
Main classifications and functions
The angle nozzle usually operates according to the following schemes:
- mechanical transfer of the axis;
- flexible axis change.
Devices of the first type are often located on a professional tool and are one with it. Such drills have no more than 1800 revolutions per minute, which allows providing sufficient torque to perform complex tasks. These tools are indispensable when working with metal parts, and the nozzles themselves can have advanced functionality. For example, a means to reduce vibration, which simplifies the work and accelerates its implementation.
The second type of nozzles is usually located in the drills and is a flexible shaft, one end of which is attached to a screwdriver, and a bit or drill is installed on the second.
The ends of this design have the necessary devices for reliable fastening of the parts.
Nozzles are distinguished by the following characteristics.
- The material of manufacture. It usually uses parts that can withstand heavy loads, and are made of high quality metal, which makes it possible to withstand strong mechanical stress. Such devices can be used to screw screws into hard surfaces.
- Ways to change the axis. They are a gearbox, which is enclosed in a plastic case and is able to withstand high loads. When working with such tools, you can reduce the load on the hands, but the torque in the drill will be small.
- Bit extension height. Reflects on the functionality of the nozzle.
- The angle of rotation of the handle. Increases usability and allows you to work with the tool with two hands.
- The presence of reverse. You can remove the screws, and not just screw them.
Such a device consists of:
- aluminum or steel cases;
- rotary handle;
- devices for fixing bits;
- bearings for shaft rotation.
The angle nozzles are installed in the chuck of a screwdriver, then a drill is inserted, and the necessary operations are performed. When working with such devices, you do not need to put a lot of effort, as this can worsen the working conditions and contribute to the rapid wear of the bearing unit.
It is also worth remembering that when using nozzles, the power of the tool itself is lost, and you can use such a drill only for a short time so as not to overload and not overheat the motor.
How to choose?
Each buyer wants to choose an inexpensive product that will be of high quality and will last a long time. Most buyers prefer to use nozzles from well-known brands.
To get really high-quality devices, you need to pay attention to the following conditions:
- Recommended rotation speed - up to 300 revolutions per minute;
- there is a magnet to capture the bits;
- the nozzle was released by a trusted manufacturer;
- complete with instructions, a description of all parameters and characteristics, quality certificates.
You also need to first determine what features the nozzle has.
The main ones are:
- adjustment of the required height;
- ways to fix the drill;
- screwing depth.
You should also pay attention to the ways of attaching the nozzle to the drill and the availability of devices for holding the drill. Some nozzles are equipped with round transitional magnetized rings, which simplifies the installation of the drill in the chuck.
It also allows you to reliably fix the drill, and you can remove the bit from the tip only when you click on the protrusion of the nozzle itself.
Subtleties of work
Carrying out various activities with this device, it is imperative to adhere to certain safety rules.
Note the main ones:
- the drill must be securely fixed, and the workpiece must be fixed;
- work with a drill with two hands;
- You can not apply great physical effort and put pressure on the tool;
- it is forbidden to switch operating modes until the tool stops completely;
- it is necessary to use protective devices;
- immediately after drilling, do not touch the nozzle, as it may be heated
As you can see, this device makes the drill universal, which allows you to perform various types of work in hard to reach places. Buying such a tool will be an optimal and simple solution for any owner, and therefore, when choosing, you must first determine the conditions for using the tool and acquire a model in accordance with this, paying attention not only to its characteristics, but also to other features.
You can watch the overview of the angle nozzle for a drill with a cartridge in the video below.