Recently, more and more people are joining several rooms. The purpose of this manipulation is the desire to create a spacious room, and not huddle in small rooms. The most popular option is to combine the kitchen and living room. But how to equip this space to be comfortable and beautiful? We will answer this question today.
The main feature of this layout is the need to combine stylistically two completely different functional rooms. This is the main difficulty.
An area of 30 square meters allows you to place everything you need on it. You can easily equip a full kitchen, dining room and relaxation area. This is quite enough in most cases. Do not overload the kitchen-living room with additional functions (and furniture).
If you have a one-room studio apartment and the hall acts as a bedroom, then it is better to give preference to a folding sofa or a convertible bed. There are a lot of modifications of the latter now. For example, it can rise and become part of the wall or turn into a closet.
The features of the layout do not end there. Trying to create coziness on an area of 30 squares, consider the following points.
- Unity. Combining two completely different rooms into one, it is necessary to take into account the individuality of each, but at the same time create a single space with a common theme. Finishing materials can help. Use different shades of the same color, or perform the selected tone in different textures. This will create a sense of unity, but allow you to identify areas.
- Functionality. Do not forget that in the first place, both the living room and the kitchen must retain their original purpose. Make sure that in the hall it is comfortable to relax after a difficult everyday day, and in the kitchen it is pleasant to cook a delicious dinner for the whole family.
- The number of people in the family. Whether you will set up a large dining table or a bar is enough for you, depends on the number of family members. For a bachelor apartment, the second option is quite suitable. A family with three children can not do without a full dining area. This rule should also apply to the number of seats in the recreation area, since in the evening everyone will want to relax while watching a movie, sitting comfortably on the couch.
- For whom it is intended. When decorating, it is worth considering the individual characteristics of residents. Older couples are better suited for classic furniture and decoration options, while a young guy will be interested in experimenting and creating a real art object or high-tech complex.
- Necessary equipment. Do not forget to equip the kitchen-living room with everything you need. A mandatory requirement is a good hood. Otherwise, all the smells will be floating around the room for a long time. But the TV you can buy only one, but with a large screen. Place it in the living room, but so that people in the kitchen can also see it. So you save on the purchase of additional TV in the kitchen.
Choosing options for the stylistic design of the kitchen-living room, it is necessary to take into account the acceptability of the chosen direction for both rooms.
Today it is at the peak of popularity. It seems so simple to leave a brick wall and not process it. But the difficulty is that the interior should not look like builders left it halfway. If you are not sure that you can handle it yourself, contact the designer for help. But do not leave surfaces without any treatment at all (this will be unsightly), they must be treated with at least an elementary primer.
And if you have already chosen this style, then maintain it even in small things.
If you think that the classics are boring and not for you, take a look at such an option as neoclassic. This style is distinguished by modernity while respecting traditions. This is one of the most practical methods to make your apartment stylish and unique.
It is pleasant to be in such an atmosphere, everything is clear, simple and concise.
Refined young ladies will certainly enjoy this sophisticated French style. Delicate shades and smooth curved lines will create an atmosphere of lightness and chic. Creating such an interior will not be easy from a financial point of view. Natural wood, expensive fabrics with floral or patterned prints - all this will cost you a pretty penny.
If you want to save money, you may not get that mysterious atmosphere and mood of easy flirting. It would rather resemble a good fake.
Having gained wide popularity in the West, this style has long won the hearts of our fellow citizens. It has home comfort, functionality, and its own highlight. Great importance is given to wood. It finds its place both in decoration and in furniture. The visiting card is wicker furniture and cabinet facades made using the lathing technique.
Both complex and simple style at the same time. Its task is to clutter up space as little as possible (the benefit of 30 sq. M is enough for everything) and not to lose in functionality. For this purpose, designers often offer transformers furniture, hidden elements and the dual purpose of the same item. Think about how you can get rid of excess, while maintaining functionality and design.
For example, cabinets and racks in the whole apartment can be replaced with one dressing room.
When pronouncing this name, interiors with metal elements, a smooth silver or black surface appear in the image. But even this brutal style can be soft and comfortable. The main thing is to observe its basic rules - the absence of banal decorative elements (vases, frames, figurines, etc.). Try to create a high-tech space in your own home, do not skimp on the latest developments of engineers, and you will understand how convenient and practical it is.
You don't have to be a member of Green Peace to love this style. Natural materials, monophonic finishes in bright colors and proximity to nature are the main criteria for this style. Add natural stone to the design of walls or floors, do not forget about plants.
Let it be large interesting or exotic specimens, and not geraniums, which are all my life standing with my grandmother on the windowsill.
When developing an interior project, designers pay great attention not only to the general style and finishing materials, but also to zoning of the space. This allows you to turn a common room into a multifunctional space in which each subject and zone has its own place. For these purposes, they use the following techniques in their work.
- Bar counter. Placing it on the border between the kitchen and the living room, you clearly identify these areas. At the same time, unity will be maintained. It can play the role of a work surface, a bar, and a dining table.
- Decoration Materials. This is the easiest and most effective way to identify different areas. But the difficulty lies in finding the perfect combination of colors, textures and style of different finishes. For example, you can use wallpaper in the hall, and paint the walls in the kitchen, or use identical material, but with different textures and shades.
- Floor covering. This technique will visually separate the kitchen area. The need to use various materials is also due to the practical component. Laminate or parquet is more suitable in the hall, and for the kitchen there is tile or ceramic tile.
- Lighting. Designers work real miracles using various lighting scenarios. Try planning to provide options for evening, day or spot lighting. Interesting interiors are obtained using spotlights and LED lighting. They highlight the necessary elements and bring an atmosphere of mystery and comfort.
- Partitions. Do not build massive structures, you didn’t break the wall for that. If you want to zone your space in this way, give preference to light weightless designs. You can use glass or lace elements.
Despite all the variety of pieces of furniture, the following are the main elements for the kitchen-living room.
- Kitchen set. When choosing and planning, remember that now he will always be in sight. This is not just a service room where food is prepared, but a visiting card of the apartment, along with its continuation - the living room.
- Soft furniture. For cozy family evenings, you can think of nothing better than cozy sofas and armchairs. Depending on the number of people, provide a place for each family member.
- Dinner Zone. A good wooden table and beautiful chairs will be the focus of attention. And what could be nicer than getting everyone together for a delicious hot dinner. Therefore, do not refuse this element.
- Work zone. You can provide in the living room area and a desktop, if there is such a need and there is nowhere else to place it. But do not use lunch for these purposes, as this will be inconvenient due to the abundance of office supplies on it (laptop, scanner, etc.).
Good examples of the interior
The kitchen-living room with an area of 30 squares allows you to roam imagination. Here you can realize the most daring and interesting ideas. But before you get down to business, draw a rough layout and follow the plan. Otherwise, individual elements may simply "not get along" together. We present photographs of competent solutions that combine both functionality and aesthetics.
Tips for arranging a kitchen-living room - in the next video.