Not a single home is complete without upholstered furniture. It is convenient to sit with friends and, if necessary, accommodate guests for the night or go to bed yourself. One of the current models that are in demand among buyers is a corner sofa-eurobook. Such a model has a number of features and advantages.
Features and benefits of the mechanism
The design with the Eurobook mechanism is quite simple and convenient. It will take no more than 10 - 15 seconds to turn a sofa into a bed. Transformable structural elements are the back and seat.
To expand the corner sofa with such a system, you need to slightly raise the seat, push it forward, lowering it to the floor. Thanks to the commercials, this can be done in literally 3 to 4 seconds. Then you need to put the hinges up on the back (depending on the specific model, there may be one or two) and lower the back block down.
The advantages of the Eurobook transformation mechanism include:
- the simplicity and convenience of the design, which not only an adult family member, but even a teenager can handle;
- system reliability, allowing long-term operation of the sofa;
- lack of need for a large space for folding the sofa;
- security system transformation;
- sparing type of pressure on the frame during transformation, not loosening the sofa body;
- the possibility of daily transformation for a long time;
- Calculation of the mechanism for the universal and spacious dimensions of the sofa;
- the ability to replace the transformation mechanism in case of breakage.
Sofas with the Eurobook mechanism can replace a bed. Manufacturers produce models that, depending on the filler blocks, can have not only massage, but also an orthopedic effect.
Corner designs have many advantages.
Sofas with the Eurobook mechanism:
- comfortable regardless of whether they are assembled or disassembled;
- are placed in any room of the house;
- allow you to save literally every centimeter of usable area where necessary;
- look compact and neat even in transformed form (do not clutter up the room);
- They have spacious drawers for bedding, with which you can save space in the closet;
- differ in varying degrees of stiffness of the mats, allowing you to choose a model based on your own preferences;
- in most cases they are mobile and do not complicate the rearrangement of furniture in the room;
- differ in a wide variety of models of different sizes and designs.
In addition, corner sofas can easily fit into a different style of room. They can be matched to existing furniture or chosen as an accent to one of the areas of the room, indicating the idea of design. As a rule, due to the simplicity and versatility of the transformation mechanism, such designs are distinguished by an affordable price. This allows you to purchase a model based on your budget.
There are two types of corner sofas by the type of structures: ordinary and island.
The first options can have a different or universal angle, which can be changed if necessary. Such transforming sofas consist of two main parts, one of which looks like a straight sofa, and the second - to a chair.
Moreover, the uniqueness of the second makes it easy to change the angle from right to left, if the permutation requires it.
Island options often have a larger number of seats and modules. In addition, they can be equipped with a bar table, an ottoman, one or two drawers for linen and overlays for the armrests in the form of a small bar table, with which you can organize the working space of a small room. Both of these designs can be with or without armrests, with one long armrest or a small side. In addition, they come with a berth located both parallel to the wall and perpendicular.
Interesting options for sofas include corner models with an armrest that has shelves or a niche. This design technique increases the functionality of the design and increases the rating of the model among customers. In addition, the armrests can be soft or hard (made of wood).
By degree of rigidity
Depending on the packing material, the degree of stiffness of the block can be soft, moderately stiff and stiff:
- Soft sofas are distinguished by a lush block up to 20 cm in thickness, the second are the most popular (the height of their mat is close to the mark of 15 cm).
- Rigid structures have an orthopedic effect and, although they do not treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system, they are their prevention. They have a flat berth surface, like other models, are equipped with a box for linen and can be without armrests or with them.
Due to the fact that the choice of models is large, the size of sofas may vary. Conventionally, all varieties are divided into large, standard and small (compact). In some cases, you can even order a mini-sofa, which fits perfectly on a 12-meter loggia, bringing a cozy atmosphere into its atmosphere.
The dimensions of a large sofa are 200x200, 210x200 cm and more, medium models have the parameters of a berth 200x160, 200x180 cm, small ones - 140x200, 150x70 cm.
In the production of models of corner sofas with the Eurobook system, furniture companies use metal, wood or plywood, filler and upholstery. As a rule, the body is made of wood and metal. The design on the metal frame is considered the most reliable, and if at the base there are armor (trellised lamellas made of wood), this protects the mat from bending and extends its service life.
In corner models of a sofa-eurobook, two types of mat are used: on springs and without them. Spring blocks are divided into dependent and independent type. They are based on steel elements of twisted and serpentine shape, which have good springiness and add reliability to the design of the unit.
A model with a spring block of independent springs is considered the best of all varieties of sofas of this type.
The second mats are called springless, since they are not based on springs, and instead of them a special packing of natural and artificial origin is used. The main types of modern springless filler include:
- polyurethane foam;
Latex and coconut mats are considered the most durable and practical, polyurethane foam is a budget block option, hollofiber and struttofiber are often added to the main filler to ensure the optimum degree of rigidity of the sofa blocks.
See the following video for more details on these and other materials.
To complete the models, manufacturers use different upholstery material:
- The best of them is genuine leather : the leather material is practical, resistant to abrasion and mechanical damage.
- In addition to leather, leather substitute and eco-leather are used in production , which are inferior to leather in their characteristics, but superior to fabric covers.
- The fabric upholstery is quite bright and colorful . Using different patterns of textiles, you can indicate the style of the room or highlight the sofa against the general background.
The most popular textile upholstery options are flock, tapestry, jacquard and velor.
Where to place?
Due to the convenience of design, the corner sofa with the Eurobook transformation system can be placed anywhere. It is harmonious in rooms of any type and area, therefore it is appropriate both in a spacious and in a small room:
- If you put such a sofa in the bedroom, it will replace a full bed.
- Placing it in the living room , you can create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for meeting friends or family vacations at the TV screen.
- Having put a corner sofa in the kitchen , you can instantly complete the style of the room, adding coziness to it.
- If the living room is large, such a sofa can be placed in the center of the room , thereby defining the boundaries of the zones of the room (for example, in the design of a studio apartment, using such a sofa, you can distinguish between the dining and guest areas).
The corner sofa eurobook is considered a good purchase. This is noted by customer comments posted on upholstered furniture forums. Such designs like the convenience and simplicity of the transformation mechanism, which is quite reliable and practical.
Corner sofas are chosen for compactness, comfort and good rest, because sleeping on them is as good as on the bed.
A lot of comments are devoted to problems of joints, pain in the back and spine. Customers who have tried the corner model with the Eurobook system and the orthopedic effect note that the pain becomes less and the rest more relaxed. In some cases, they talk about the real benefits of hard blocks, due to which not only pain, but also numbness of the limbs is reduced.
Ideas in the interior
The corner sofa with the Eurobook mechanism can decorate any type of room:
- Country option. If you want to equip a living room, and the sofa itself was purchased as a guest option, you can put it against the wall. A model without armrests is suitable for any type of room, because you can not catch on them. A tan corner sofa will become a godsend for a bright room with white walls and ceiling. Before it you can place a coffee or tea table, wicker chair and soft padded stool. It is worth laying a light carpet with a pile on the floor, and at the end of the composition fill the room with the necessary interior additions: a soft toy, fresh flowers and decorative pillows of different colors.
- City living room. In the spacious room, you can place a large corner sofa with a simple design, made in shade of gray. It is not necessary to put it close to the wall: it is better to move the structure a little, so that if necessary the model is easier to transform. Since the gray shade goes well with white, it is advisable to leave the walls and curtains white. It is better to repeat gray color for harmony by means of a carpet and a chair, choosing a tone that slightly shades the color of the sofa.
So that two light shades do not merge into a single faded spot, you need to revive the atmosphere with bright paint. To do this, add a burgundy red or wine shade to the design. To make the sofa look brighter and at the same time not violate the harmony of style, you need to decorate it with pillows of different colors available in the design. When choosing the texture of pillows, it is important to take into account that it is different and different in design: this is what diversifies the style of minimalism without overloading it.
It is noteworthy that such furniture not only fills the room with home warmth and coziness, but also completes any chosen style of the room.