The choice of a bed for a bedroom is one of the main stages of its design, since it is not only the main functional element, but also a center of attraction. There are a lot of manufacturers of furniture. You will learn about the range of beds offered by the Swedish brand Ikea in this article.
The assortment of Ikea brand includes the following types of beds:
- loft beds;
Single models are 205–214 cm long and 86–106 cm wide, depending on the model. There are models of raw wood, as well as painted in white, brown or black-brown. The headboard can be solid or decorative. Models are presented with both a low foot and without it. The adjustable sidewalls of some beds allow you to use mattresses of different thicknesses. These include the Todalen, Malm and Hemnes series.
Models of the Malm series can be purchased both with and without drawers on casters. If necessary, you can buy them separately. Hemnes beds can be supplemented with Vardo drawers if desired.
The assortment also includes interesting models of couches with a back, corner headboard or without it. The advantage of the couch is the ability to turn it into a sofa with the help of large pillows. In addition, all available models are retractable and have an extra berth. The Brimnes and Flecke models are equipped with two drawers.
The assortment of the store has a Hemnes sofa bed. She has three drawers for linen. It can be used as a single bed or as a double. It is enough to extend the extra bed and put the mattresses nearby. Folded mattresses lie on top of each other.
Single beds (except for the Fjelse model and couches) are sold without a bottom. Absolutely all beds and couches are sold without mattresses.
The single bed can be supplemented with a Brune four-poster canopy . It rests on a circle of polypropylene and is attached to the ring. It is made of mesh and has a length of 230 cm and a circle diameter of 56 cm.
Double beds have different designs and are made of different materials. The headboard can be high, medium or low. The main part of the assortment has no foot, and in some models it is medium or high.
Beds made of wood or particleboard have a solid or rack head. Steel products (like Nesttun and Leyrvik ) are decorated with decorative ornaments and patterns.
The beds are white, light brown, dark brown and black-brown. There are also models from the raw array. Such a product can be painted in any color.
The minimum length of the presented beds is 206 cm, the maximum is 218 cm, the width is 146-194 cm.
The bed-podium "Brimnes" does not have a headboard, but it can be purchased separately. Its peculiarity lies in the fact that it can serve as a bedside table, since it has two shelves on the sides and one shelf on top. Together with this headboard the length of the bed will be 234 cm.
Models of the Oppland series have a soft headboard that can be removed and washed.
One of the models of the Malm series has a lifting mechanism that allows you to use all the space under the berth for storage.
Beds of the Brusali and Malm series are sold both without drawers and with drawers for storage.
All double beds are sold without mattresses, almost all without a bottom. The bottom for some models is included in the price of the bed - for example, Fjelse, Malm with a lifting mechanism and Hemnes in white.
The bunk beds are wooden and metal. They have a length of 206-208 cm, a width of 96.5-97 cm and a height of 130.5-159 cm.
The two-story Swart model can be supplemented by a pull-out bed providing a third berth. The Swart model is complemented by a countertop. So it turns out working and sleeping at the same time.
“Adult” attic beds have a height of 145 cm from floor to bottom. The “ Sturo ” attic bed has a height of 176 cm and a width of 153 cm, so two people can fit on it.
Children's attic beds have a height of 193 cm. Their feature is that they have a desk with four drawers, shelves and a cabinet with doors.
For all loft beds and bunk beds, a bottom is included.
The sofa bed can be folding, roll-out and pull-out. The size of the berth, as well as the design of the sofas are very diverse. Upholstery can be faux leather, textile or leather. Sofa beds are sold with mattresses. For some models, you can choose the appropriate mattress.
For children are offered beds that grow with the child. Their bottom can be extended in length as the child grows. The minimum length of these beds is 135-138 cm, and the maximum is 206-208 cm. The width of the beds is from 80 to 90 cm. The Sundvik, Busunge and Minnen models are sold with a slatted bottom.
The beds have different colors: white, pink, brown, dark brown and black. There are models with low, medium and high heads. All beds have a foot. Steel models have beautiful decorative elements.
Among the cots there is a two-way model. In one state, it can be an attic bed, under the berth you can place a play area or a place for additional storage. If you turn it over, then on the rack frame you can attach the canopy “Cur” - to create coziness and a secluded place. Children are very fond of such designs.
Frames are made of several types of materials:
- powder coated steel;
- solid pine, birch or beech, which is coated with stain and clear varnish of acrylic or polyester paint;
- from chipboard, MDF and fiberboard treated with acrylic paint or birch, beech, ash, oak veneer, stain, embossed acrylic paint and clear varnish.
Wooden products have a middle beam made of solid pine, or a central crossbar made of galvanized steel.
The main parts of the Undredal model are made of fiberboard, and the legs are made of solid birch. All product is treated with acrylic paint.
The Tissedal model is made of fiberboard, solid beech and birch, and is coated with polyester paint on top.
The loft bed “Sturo” and the bunk model “Midal” are made of solid pine. The frame of the Stuva attic bed is made of fiberboard and particleboard, and the bottom is made of fiberboard and OSB board.
Orthopedic bases (rack bottoms) have slats (lamellas) made of beech or birch veneer. They adapt to the weight of the person and increase the elasticity of the mattress. It can be from 17 to 30 rails - depending on the model.
In those models that have a base, it is made of beech or birch wood and plywood. These models also have comfort zones that adapt to body weight.
The rack bottom " Leirsund " is equipped with six rails with adjustable stiffness. " Lagsevog " has a headboard and footboard, adjustable using the remote control. Such a system provides maximum comfort.
The company offers the following size variations:
- As already mentioned, single beds (together with couches) have a length of 205-214 cm and a width of 86-106 cm.
- The couches have a width of 86-89 cm and a length of 205-214 cm. They are designed for a mattress of 80 × 200 cm.
- If we talk only about beds, then the Fjelse, Hemnes and Malm series have two modifications for the mattress - 90 × 200 cm or 120 × 200 cm. The second modification can be attributed to one and half beds. The latter have a width of 127-135 cm and a length of 207-211 cm.
- Half-sleeper models can be found among double beds, designed for a mattress of 140 × 200 cm. These are the series “Fjelse”, “Malm”, “Brusali”, “Leirvik”, “Copardal”, “Nesttun”, “Trisil”, “Askvol” , Brimnes, Rickene. The same models have modifications designed for a double mattress 160 × 180 cm.
- There are also a lot of series designed for a double mattress 160 × 200 cm or 180 × 200 cm. Among them are Hemnes, Malm, Leyrvik, Tissedal, Oppland, Undredal.
- The free space under the bed for the Tissedal and Undredal models is 20 cm.
- The lowest foot of 33 cm is for the Fjelse and Rikene models (it is at the level of the bed itself), and the highest is 98 cm (for the Leirvik model).
- The lowest headboard is at the Brimnes bed (47 cm), the highest is at Undredal (154 cm). The height of the head of the remaining models is usually 80-120 cm.
- Children's beds are designed for a mattress of 80 × 200 cm. For sliding beds, special mattresses must be purchased. Their minimum length is 130 cm and the maximum is 200 cm.
- Bunk products and loft beds are designed for a mattress of 90 × 200 cm, the Sturo model is 140 × 200 cm. This is the highest loft bed in the assortment, its height is 214 cm.
- The lowest bunk bed is Tuffig . Its height is 130.5 cm and the distance between the beds is 86 cm.
- The loft beds of the Stuva are 193 cm high.
Wooden children's bed can be white, pink or brown. Steel models are made in white or black.
“Adult” single and double models are made in white, light brown, brown or black-brown. The Kopardal bed is gray, the double Undredal bed and the Firesdal couch are black, and Rikene is antique. Single and double Fjelse models have a natural shade of pine, so they can be painted in any color.
There are many different accessories for baby beds:
- Bright pockets in which there are three compartments - one large and two small. They can put a tablet, phone, book, notebook and other personal items.
- Bed boxes with an interesting design , which can be placed under the bed and get extra space for storing bedding or toys.
- Soft and dense pillows for sleeping , as well as many decorative pillows to decorate a bed.
- Fleece blankets or with insulation.
- Multi-colored bedding with different prints and ornaments, stretched sheets for sliding beds, as well as bedspreads.
- A canopy with drapery (curtain) and without it - for a double bed.
- Canopies in the form of a leaf , peak or roof.
For "adult" beds, you can purchase these additional accessories:
- Chipboard bedside drawers on wheels , matching the color of the bed.
- Plastic and soft drawers with a lid, as well as drawers made of chipboard or rattan with a cover.
- Spring, polyurethane and latex hard and medium-hard mattresses.
- Thin mattresses , mattress covers and pillow covers.
- Soft and dense pillows, as well as products that have a filler with a memory effect.
- Plain and multi-colored bedding with flowers, patterns, in a cage or strip, as well as with a floral, animalistic or abstract print.
- Decorative pillow covers suitable for certain sets of bed linen. They can be picked up on pillows on the back of a couch or sofa, on the head of the bed.
- Decorative cushion covers for curtains.
Products are intended for adults or children. There are several popular options.
- "Cur". A double-sided bed, which in one position is an attic, in the other a regular bed with a frame for a canopy or canopy. The bed frame is made of solid pine, varnished, and looks like natural wood. The length of the product is 209 cm, the width is 99 cm, the height is 116 cm. The dimensions of a suitable mattress are 90 × 200 cm. A slatted bottom is attached to the bed. To create a beautiful and comfortable sleeping place, you can additionally purchase a canopy of "Cur" pink or blue. There is also an original drapery canopy. It has the appearance of a house and will help create an interesting gaming area.
- Lexvik . A sliding bed, the length of which can be adjusted as the child grows. Its minimum length is 138 cm and the maximum is 208 cm, width is 90 cm, and the height of the head is 79 cm. You can buy a special mattress “Vissa Somnat” for it. Its minimum length is 130 cm, and the maximum is 200 cm, width is 80 cm. The product must be supplemented with a rack bottom. The bed is made of solid pine, covered with white stain and transparent acrylic varnish. It has an attractive design - with smooth lines and carved elements in the corners. Special bumpers prevent the child from falling during sleep.
- Sundvik. Sliding bed in white or taupe. It is made of solid pine (with fiberboard back). Equipped with rack bottom. It has a minimum length of 137 cm and a maximum of 207 cm, a width of 91 cm. Such furniture is equipped with protective sides at the head and foot. The strict Scandinavian design of the model will fit into almost any design of a children's room.
- Rikene . Double bed made of solid pine. Three colors (black-brown, gray-brown, antique), two sizes - 140 × 200 cm and 160 × 200 cm. The simple design of the bed will fit into the ethnic interior in the country style, as well as in the Scandinavian or minimalist style. Thanks to the transverse and longitudinal lines at the head, a height of 33 cm, it is also suitable for design in the Japanese style.
- Hemnes . Double beds are white or black-brown in solid pine. Two size options: 160 × 200 cm and 180 × 200 cm. A rather universal design of the product will decorate the bedroom in a traditional style, as well as in Scandinavian or Provence style. A distinctive feature of the model are adjustable sidewalls, which allow you to select mattresses of different thicknesses.
- Malm. The most diverse line of double models. There is a model with a lifting mechanism that allows you to use all the free space under the mattress. It can be made in two colors (white and black-brown) and three sizes (140 × 200 cm, 160 × 200 cm, 180 × 200 cm). The remaining models of the series (except for white and black-brown) can be light brown and brown, but only two sizes are offered - 160 × 200 cm and 180 × 200 cm. Any of the models can be supplemented with two or four bed drawers.
- Of the single models, Todalen is popular. It has a white color, a low headboard and is designed for a mattress of 90 × 200 cm.
- The Beding sofa bed from a triple sofa can easily be transformed into a double bed. It has a removable cover that allows you to wash the product, as well as change the interior design. In addition, the advantage of the model is the ability to choose a mattress. The simple design of the sofa can be supplemented with decorative pillows and fit it into a variety of interiors.
- The bunk model "Midal" is popular among families with two children. It has a height of 157 cm and is made of solid pine. The ladder can be attached both on the right and on the left side. This model is designed for a mattress with a thickness of not more than 19 cm.
- The Hemnes couch has an original design thanks to the back and three drawers. With the help of decorative pillows it can be turned into a sofa. If necessary, it turns into a double bed with two mattresses. When folded, mattresses are laid on top of one another.
Buyers of cots note the following positive aspects of the products:
- quick and easy to assemble;
- have an acceptable price for natural wood;
- sliding beds have a clear transformation mechanism;
- solid beds have a pleasant coniferous smell and no glue smell;
- equipped with accessible and understandable instructions;
- the width of the bed allows an adult to lie with a child (if necessary);
- comfortable sides on the sides prevent falls.
Buyers of different "adult" models note:
- the loft bed can withstand 130 kg;
- the Rikene model has additional legs in the middle of the frame, which provides it with additional rigidity (for 4 years of use, no defects of the product have been identified, does not creak, the tree has not dried out, the laconic design is easy to fit into the interior);
- the Malm model with a lifting mechanism is convenient, has a capacious storage compartment, does not creak, does not fall apart, does not stagger;
- the Beding sofa bed has several different configurations and the choice of mattresses, the removable cover is easy to remove and wash, when disassembled, it has a very spacious sleeping place, the base does not creak, the mattress does not rise, there were no complaints about quality over five years of operation, it is easy to assemble .
Ideas in the interior
To create an original and relaxing environment, it is enough to use brown wooden furniture and many fresh flowers. The traditional design of the Hemnes model is perfect for such an interior.
The Scandinavian-style interior can be supplemented with elements from other styles - for example, a loft-style brick wall. It is an excellent decoration element that attracts the eye and does not take up space. In combination with decorative yellow and black boxes, as well as textiles with bright prints, a finished and bright design is obtained. A dark Malm bed with a lifting mechanism is an excellent backdrop for bright bedding.
The strict design and rich brown color of the Brusali model are excellent for creating an interior in the neoclassical style. To do this, you need a calm gray-brown gamma, as well as several additional elements: moldings on the walls and a Rococo mirror.
Using the Leirvik model, decorated with interwoven patterns, you can create a light interior that will appeal to romantics. This will help pastel colors, bedding in a small flower, an English armchair, elegant floor lamps and a table on thin legs.
Using the Askvol model, you can create an interesting and memorable bedroom design. Its white color and the shape of the head, combined with stucco plaster on the wall create an original and unusual look of the room.
Brown color of almost any shade looks very stylish in combination with blue and blue. In addition, brown and blue are an excellent color scheme for the bedroom, since such shades have a good effect on the emotional state. The black-brown bed from the Malm series with its laconic design fits perfectly into such a rich interior. Light textiles and floors balance dark colors; they do not look gloomy.
Stylishly and beautifully blue color looks and in combination with white. Such a contrasting combination creates a bright decorative effect, therefore, to complete the design, very few additional details are required: lampshades with draperies, a poster on the wall. The white bed from the Brusali series (thanks to the unobtrusive design) perfectly complements the created interior.
Three shades of brown tones and just a few characteristic details of the decor can create a cozy interior in a colonial style. Plain linens, rattan furniture, floor carpets with national patterns, hats on the wall and a brown Brusali bed are suitable for this.
For the organization of a modern and interesting interior, the Sturo model is perfect. Under the berth, you can organize a recreation area, a reception or a workplace. This is a great option for modern small-sized apartments.
An excellent option for the bedroom-living room is the Hemnes furniture. It has a stylish appearance and in itself will become an interior decoration. Thanks to the ability to turn her into a double bed, she will help to solve problems with an extra bed.
For an overview of some Ikea bed models and their features, see the next video.