Regardless of the modification, each door is considered a complex structure with its own individual elements that perform certain functions. When installing the unit, all components are equipped with fittings, each individual product has its own special place. It is necessary to decide at what height the door handle should be installed.
What can affect?
The difficulty in making decisions in a particular case is influenced by several factors at once, which will be discussed below.
- A kind of door construction. On the interior door, made of solid wood, the door handle can be placed anywhere. Only one criterion remains important - convenience for households. If we talk about paneled door models, things are more complicated here, since such an interior door is a frame with inserts that are often made too thin. For example, such inserts may be plastic or glass. And in this case, there is no point in attaching the door handle to elements made of such a material, because, firstly, it simply won’t hold for a long time, and secondly, it can be absolutely impossible. The handle can only be fixed to the frame and will have to be placed above the door lock. Here are just locks cut in different ways - it all depends on the location of the horizontal jumpers on the frame.
- Type of door handle. All opening fittings may differ in type of construction, method of attachment, shape or size. This is another reason why specific standards for calculating the height for mounting such an element in principle can not be, given the huge range of door structures.
- Family members. When installing the door handle, you need to take into account the growth of each person living in the house, and even the smallest children, since the baby is unlikely to reach the handle that is too high.
- Pets. For some reason, such an indicator as the presence of pets is not taken into account when installing door handles. And this, of course, is in vain, because if the handle is installed at the correct height, the dog, for example, can always open the door. The question here is different - is it allowed for animals to enter all rooms of the house.
As it turned out, there is no specific standard for height at which handles should be attached to the interior doors. They just need to be installed in such a way that at the time of opening or closing the interior door there would be no inconvenience. Therefore, for each door, the fastening place must be selected individually, taking into account all the features of the opening and the leaf itself, where the door handle will be mounted.
An exception is the finished model of door structures with already made and marked markings for each element of furniture. In this case, it remains only to fix all the necessary elements in a special sector.
With a budget door or a home-made design, which was purchased at retail, the owner will decide whether to install the door handle.
How to determine the height?
In the first option, they consider the possibility of orientation to family members, that is, to the growth of the household, which is considered the average of all living in the house. Having decided on the one who has average height in the family, you need to put this family member right next to the sash with your hands down. Right at the level of the wrist, plus an additional 200 mm upwards, a point of acceptable height should be placed at which the handle will be mounted on the interior door.
The second option that allows you to solve the problem of mounting the door handle is as follows: you need to do the same steps that were described above for the first option (you need to choose one with average height from all households and put it on the door leaf). However, marking this time is necessary not at a distance from the floor to his wrist, but to the level of the elbow joint. In this case, there is no need to do an additional shift from the obtained markup.
Measurements can be made in the first and second way - in the end you get almost the same result, but with a slight difference.
Usually, the handle is placed a little lower on the door to the children's room, so that it is more convenient for the kids to use the door. However, children grow up quite quickly, and replacing doors every 3-4 years is not economical or practical. In addition, high-quality interior designs are not cheap, and every time nobody wants to drill fresh holes for reinstalling accessories. In some cases, it is more advisable to install a push-pull door handle, and then tie some beautiful decorative lace to it - this can solve the problem of opening the door for a small child. After 5 years, the lace can be removed - the child will grow up and will freely reach the door handle.
When, for any reason, the area under the fittings, defined by the manufacturer, does not fit at all, you need to move the door handle lower, higher or sideways. Here you should take into account the standard width of all frame rails of the paneled door structure (its size is 100 mm). For this reason, holes cannot be drilled in such a sheet.
You should also consider the features of the fasteners of the door structure. Sometimes the interior door is specially raised. For example, this is necessary in the case when it is necessary to increase the intensity of ventilation or, conversely, to establish a decorative threshold. Such an upward shift should be taken into account at the time of calculating the height indicator for future fastening of door handles.
The gap from the handle to the floor should not change and can be only one meter.
The whole process of installing door opening fittings is carried out in several stages.
- Work should begin with the marking of points that, after drilling, turn into the holes required for installation. The first height that needs to be measured is for the future fastening of fittings to the interior door structure. Mark up with horizontal lines and very carefully. But vertical lines usually mark the center, where the hardware itself will be located. At the intersection of the lines, holes are drilled for mounting the lock mechanism and door handles.
- Immediately after drilling, they proceed to the installation of accessories. Typically, the manufacturer's instructions indicate all the necessary steps to make the installation correctly and efficiently.
After fixing the handle, make sure and check the reliability of the installed hardware. The result of the manipulations - the lock should easily be closed and opened, like the door itself, without any problems.
As practice shows, when all the necessary nuances are taken into account, it is completely simple to calculate the correct height for attaching the handle.
You will learn more about the height at which the door handle should be installed from the next video.