There are several alternatives to traditional wall decoration. One of them is art plaster. Thanks to it, you can create a unique coating.
For the first time, a special composition for coating walls with artistic plaster was made in Ancient Egypt, and was used to decorate the tombs of the pharaohs. The composition of the artistic plaster included chalk and glue.
This type of coating carried not only a decorative function, but also well concealed rough seams and uneven walls.
The use of artistic plaster as a separate type of art is to realize volumetric forms on the walls. The texture of the material is a dense flexible structure that creates the illusion of diverse effects. Thanks to the plaster, geometric patterns, historical motifs and abstract images are created.
A true artist will be able to create a beautiful and original work using decorative plaster. The drawing can be replaced with a fresco, namely, apply wet material. This is in itself a finished product, which covers a specially prepared base.
The painting of the Venetian style is presented in a favorable light. Visually, it is comparable to a wall of marble, and looks like a stylish image from ancient times. Decorative artistic plaster has an original style and will perfectly decorate any room.
The properties of this decorative material are amazing. It is such a material that attracts both from an aesthetic point of view and from the side of convenience in terms of application:
- During cleaning, you can not worry about the quality of the plaster. Thanks to the water-repellent structure, cleaning agents are allowed.
- Another advantage is the UV resistance. The color appearance of the material does not lose its saturation.
- The ability to dream up, namely, to create stunning texture wall pictures.
- High frost resistance prevents problems in the cold season.
- Flexibility, strength and elasticity help maintain artistic plastering on surfaces for a long time.
- The environmental friendliness of the material makes it completely harmless to the outside world.
Venetian plaster creates an imitation of marble. The glossy appearance goes well with materials such as mother of pearl, gold and silver. The application technology includes the installation of 3-12 layers, each of which should be dried before applying the subsequent.
- Textured plaster. Relief distinguishes it over the entire surface or in some part. When one coat dries, others are applied. The relief pattern should be formed by a specialist. Moreover, the amount of options is limitless and depends on the specialist.
- Structural decorative plaster is made with large similar inserts. Bark beetle is one of the most common types of plaster. It is often used in the design of facades and rooms for a warehouse. The application of artistic plaster occurs using a specially prepared trowel. The master should level the surface with the thickness of the inclusions.
- Another type of artistic plaster is flock. The mixture contains various colored particles of not quite spherical shape, which are painted at the production level. Flocks need to be applied in a rather original way. Initially, an adhesive is applied to the wall, and then “flocking” of flocks. On top of this, protection material is laid on the surface.
Basics of using decorative plaster
Applying artistic plaster can be done independently. The main thing is to make sure that the sequence of all stages of decoration is observed.
To achieve your goals, you have to stock up on the following tools:
- plumb line and level;
- rule and trowel;
- specialized tool for applying relief.
The work includes several stages
- You need to decide on the drawing and prepare all the tools that you will need to use. During operation, a relief sample should always be at hand to accurately repeat all contours.
- We begin to prepare the surface. Be sure to clean the walls of the old material, align them on the draft and primer them.
- The first plaster layer will lie evenly on the dried wall. This will be the basis for applying the finish layer. It is necessary to properly dry the initially applied material, and again primer the surface.
- When the soil is completely dry, a final layer is applied. With its help, a relief will be formed. In many applications, one plaster part is poured into a homogeneous mass, and textured recesses are left inside. This technology will allow a simple relief to look original and more interesting.
- Coloring agent. In accordance with the material, the desired staining method is selected. Paint should emphasize the luxury of the decorative coating.
Wall decoration with artistic plaster requires strict adherence to installation rules. Making independent innovations in the technology of embossed manufacturing will adversely affect the result. It will take a single day to create a high-quality decorative art cover. This is not the case when you need to rush. The main thing is to thoroughly dry each layer.
See how to decorate the wall with decorative plaster on your own in the video below.