Choosing a sofa can be a difficult task, because among the abundance of offers you can easily get lost and confused. Many advertising tabloids advise paying attention to sofas from the Askona brand. Let us consider in more detail the history of the brand, the existing models of sofas, their advantages and disadvantages.
A little bit about the brand
The Askona brand is a multi-million dollar corporation whose activities are aimed at developing diverse products that provide quality relaxation and sleep for a person.
The company is of Swedish origin and is part of one of the largest concerns in the country, which indicates a high degree of professionalism in the production of goods. The Hilding Anders concern itself, of which the brand is a part, is considered the largest producer of mattresses and beds in European and Asian territories.
Despite the Swedish roots and belonging to a foreign corporation, Ascona's company is nevertheless considered to be a purely Russian manufacturer of furniture for sleeping and relaxing. The founder of the company is Vladimir Mikhailovich Sedov, and the brand’s appearance dates back to 1990.
Askona has a licensing agreement for the production of mattresses of American brands such as King Koil and Serta. In addition, Ascona products are represented in the Auchan chain of stores under the brand name “Mount of Mattresses”.
Askona also produces comfortable high-quality sofas, which will be discussed later.
Features, pros and cons
Sofas, as you know, are not only a successful addition to a stylish interior, but also a very functional part of it. This characteristic can also be attributed to Ascon's sofas, which are not only a convenient piece of furniture, but also a very beautiful element in the arrangement of a cozy home.
The features of the sofas of this brand include the fact that they use special orthopedic mattresses with independent spring blocks. Such products have a special anatomical significance, since they provide a comfortable rest throughout the entire period of sleep.
The indisputable advantage of Ascon's sofas are strong frames and reliable mechanisms of fastenings and transformations. With daily use, you can not be afraid that the sofa will fail at the most inopportune moment, especially since the sofas - transformers are prone to rapid breakdowns.
Among the obvious disadvantages, one can note the overpriced cost of sofas, which is far from being designed for the mass consumer. Not every middle-income person can easily afford to buy this piece of furniture.
There are not so many varieties of sofas of this brand. Products are combined in collections, the differences of which are in the design character, rather than functional, most taken into account when choosing.
Indeed, it is the functional features of a product that really play a role, and not how it looks. For example, far from every model represented by this brand has orthopedic anatomical sofa mattresses.
But, nevertheless, this quality will surely become the main selection criterion for people suffering from back and leg pains. Since it is such a sofa that suits them for daily sleep, providing a comfortable, complete rest.
Absolutely all sofas are transformers, because they have a folding function, thanks to which they turn into a full double bed. The width of the berth will depend on the type of sofa:
- a straight sofa is more compact and has a not very large berth;
- the corner sofa is more spacious, its berth, respectively, is larger.
Dimensions and mechanisms
Sofas differ in size and in the mechanisms for folding the berth. Consider the existing transformation mechanisms, their strengths and weaknesses, as well as their characteristic dimensions using the example of a comparative table.
The names of the mechanisms
It is necessary to pull the lower part of the seat up, bring the backrest to a horizontal position, and after clicking, give the seat a horizontal position.
- financial availability;
- ease of use;
- compact dimensions;
- the presence of a capacious linen box.
- it is necessary to put the sofa at a certain distance from the wall;
- when unfolded, the width of the berth is small;
- for folding it is necessary to apply a certain force.
130 - 140 wide, 200 - 220 long.
The principle of folding is the same as that of the "book" mechanism, but with some improvements - you can adjust the angle between the back and the seat.
- the ability to change position;
- ease of operation and reliability of the mechanism;
- the presence of a linen box;
- small size.
This model should be at some distance from the wall.
130 - 140 wide, 200 - 220 long.
The seat rolls forward, and the back just lowers into the vacant seat.
- suitable for daily use;
- ease of use and reliability of the design;
- the presence of a spacious box for linen;
- It looks beautiful both against the wall and in the middle of the room.
Among the shortcomings can be noted whether the gradual weakening of the hooks fixing the extended seat.
140 - 150 wide, 210 - 250 long.
This mechanism has similar features to the previous one. The differences are that the seat does not roll forward, but rises and extends, after which it is fixed on special supports. The back falls in the same way.
- the presence of a box for linen;
- does not harm the floor;
- universal in matters of accommodation;
- easy to use.
130 - 150 wide, 230 long.
This mechanism unfolds if you pull the special loop on the seat. The main part pulls others along, so there is no need to put extra effort.
- suitable for daily use;
- simplicity in transformation;
- compact dimensions and a fairly spacious berth.
When unfolding, the berth can be quite low.
120 - 140 wide, 225 long.
This transformation mechanism is characteristic of corner sofas and is carried out as follows: an extra berth is pulled out from under the main part of the seat, which is pulled forward by a special loop and fixed on supports.
- ease of operation;
- the presence of a convenient roomy drawer for linen;
- suitable for daily use;
- has a strong frame.
Some consider it a drawback that instead of a standard backrest, large sofa cushions are used.
The standard size of this sofa is 160x210 cm.
Other options 140 - 170 in width, up to 260 in length.
Material and fabrics
It is noteworthy that in the assortment of the furniture brand Ascona, not only the sofas themselves are divided into collections, but also the material used to cover them. Let us consider in more detail the features and names of each subspecies.
Leather sofas look very beautiful, but may not always be practical. Although dense leather is used for their manufacture, it is still not natural, since its use in the manufacture of furniture would entail a very high cost of the product.
The artificial leather used to make Askona sofas is divided into several varieties:
- Fashion - in this collection there are varieties of artificial leather of quite bold and unusual shades. Similar models are used to complement the most unusual and daring interiors;
- Elite - artificial leather belongs to luxury materials, because the surface and some functional characteristics completely coincide with the properties and appearance of high-quality genuine leather;
- Vogue - presented high-quality artificial leather in soft, elegant shades such as tea rose and muted sea wave.
Fabric sofas are often much more practical, because in the event of holes and cuts, it is enough to carefully sew upholstery.
Consider the most popular collections of fabrics used to make sofas:
- Palladio - a collection of chenille fabrics has a huge color palette, as well as decor in the form of a drawing in the style of the Renaissance;
- Flora - a collection of furniture chenille materials presented in soft natural shades with decor in the form of sophisticated floral designs and embossments;
- Medichi - a collection of furniture jacquard fabrics made under the inspiration of the Florentine tapestry materials of the family in whose honor the material was named;
- Edinburg - a Scottish cage decorates this collection of fabrics from furniture matting, which has a soft dense texture and a clear geometric pattern;
- Ludovik - furniture jacquard, presented in this collection of fabrics, has a bright unusual pattern, for the creation of which completely contrasting shades are used;
- Toskana - a collection of fabrics, the creation of which was inspired by the Tuscan provinces and architectural masterpieces of the Renaissance, presented in the form of furniture matting noble soft shades;
- Amely - another collection of fabrics from textured furniture matting, presented in the Provence style and decorated in appropriate ways - soft shades and delicate floral ornaments;
- Bernini - a collection of fabrics in the Baroque style, the era of ancient Rome, is presented in the form of jacquard furniture material with a pattern, the ornament of which was inspired by the Roman Cathedral of St. Peter;
- Enrich - furniture velor, presented in this collection of fabrics, looks simply amazing, has a soft texture, similar to high-quality, dense velvet;
- Tiffany - the next collection of furniture jacquard fabric is presented in the form of muted shades and a pattern that imitates sharp geometric shapes, similar to details of jewelry.
The lineup of sofas is quite diverse and each of them has certain characteristic features. Let us consider in more detail how existing models differ from each other.
A beautiful sofa is suitable both for daytime rest - when folded, and for night - when laid out. The model exists both in a double direct version and in a corner. The direct model is perfect for small rooms, and the corner version will take its place in a large spacious room.
The basis of the mattress is a special elastic foam material that deforms, fully adapts to the bends of the human body, and then acquires its original appearance. To extend the life of the sofa, an additional layer of fairly durable material is used.
The basis of the sofa is a metal frame, and other parts are made of high quality birch raw materials. The direct model, like the corner part, is decomposed according to the “multicomfort” mechanism, which is based on the “accordion”.
It is worth noting that the sofa unfolds only at the bottom, as other options can lead to breakage.
Narrow armrests have a wood laminate coating that allows them to serve as a small stand for small items.
A rather cozy sofa with a deep seat, in the folded state will allow the residents of the apartment to comfortably sit sitting, and when unfolded - it will be an excellent option for a comfortable berth.
It is worth noting that the sofa mattress is ideal for sleeping, as it has the properties of maintaining the spine.
The direct model of this sofa is laid out on the basis of the "click-gag", while making the corresponding sounds. Such a mechanism is ideal for daily use, is sturdy and durable.
The mattress consists of seven zones of special independent springs connected in blocks of eight centimeters. In addition, a dense foam material with high cushioning properties is used, and the surface of the sofa is decorated with dense cotton material.
It has a metal frame, as well as an external cover that can be easily removed and washed.
A compact-looking sofa, it has a rather comfortable deep landing, allowing you to comfortably rest not only at night and in the afternoon. The model is laid out according to the principle of the "accordion" mechanism, you just have to pull the bottom of the product.
The mattress has a cotton coating around the perimeter, elastic foam material made using the technique of figured cutting, in combination with special springs from the "nanopacket" series. In addition, the mattress is equipped with a special cotton cover with a zipper.
A distinctive feature is that when unfolded, the part of the sofa mattress located at the head of the sofa is in a free state and does not have special supports from the bottom. Therefore, in order to avoid damage to the sofa, do not sit on this edge.
The model has straight armrests, a metal frame and additional parts in the form of chipboard and fiberboard plywood.
Compact stylish design makes this sofa an ideal option to complement the modern interior. The model exists in several shades and varieties: straight and angular. The corner sofa, of course, takes up more space, but also provides a bit more space for sleeping.
The model, like the others, is equipped with a seven-zone full mattress, where the springs from the "nanopacket" are combined with figuredly cut foam. In addition, the sofa mattress has a removable cover, but special equipment is needed to remove and put it on.
The model has hidden narrow armrests that allow you to save space in the room, but are not any functional detail. Another thing is plastic supports located on the legs of the sofa and protecting the floor from scratches.
Since this model of sofa has a soft headboard, it is better not to sit on this edge, but to use it only during sleep, placing pillows there.
The manufacturer characterizes this model of the sofa as a very comfortable berth, as well as a convenient place for landing. In addition, round, streamlined shapes and the absence of sharp corners make this sofa suitable even for a children's room.
A distinctive feature of this model is the presence of built-in shelves located in the armrests. Additional space can be used to store magazines, books, a remote control from the TV or bottles of water.
In addition, the armrests are quite wide and equipped with a Teflon coating. In this case, they can serve as a very functional part, acting as a small countertop.
The model is slightly different from the others, but it is no less functional and convenient. The model is equipped with a seven-zone mattress, which includes springs broken into independent blocks, as well as elastic foam material.
The sofa is laid out according to the Eurosof principle, and in the area under the seat there is a special, very functional drawer in which you can store bedding. For convenience in the open state for the seat there is a special holder that allows you to easily pull things out of the drawer.
The model, although it does not have armrests in the classic version, is equipped with one functional addition - a mobile armrest mounted on roller bearings. The surface of this part is decorated with veneer material, which makes it suitable for use as a countertop.
In addition, the model is equipped with a special case with a zipper, which is quite easy to remove and can be used as a warm blanket. In the kit there are three decorative pillows 60x60 in size, which can be used for sleeping.
Like the previous model, this sofa is laid out according to the Eurosof principle and has a box for various sleeping accessories. In addition, the model has a comfortable deep landing and is equipped with a comfortable mattress, the surface of which is decorated with cotton felt.
There is another functional addition - wide armrests with opening covers. The free space in them is very extensive, making it great for storing different things.
The model has a removable cover-bedspread, as well as three small decorative pillows.
This model is a folding sofa with a sofa mechanism. The set includes decorative pillows, which also serve as regulators of the depth of landing. There is also a box for linen and fairly massive fabric armrests.
There are hardly any analogues of Ascon's sofas, since not every manufacturer uses materials that meet the anatomical requirements. But there are several bona fide manufacturers whose sofas have a very attractive appearance, and also provide a comfortable sleep:
- AFM furniture - practical high-quality sofas at low prices;
- Hoff - sofas are of good quality and quite affordable cost;
- The formula of the sofa is that the cost of sofas is above average, but the models have a fairly good quality and stylish design;
- Ikea - sofas with average cost and pretty good quality, in the best Swedish traditions.
How to assemble?
It is necessary to assemble sofas in accordance with the instructions attached to the product. Even the slightest deviation from the instructions may violate the structural strength and significantly affect the life of the sofa.
In more detail and clearly familiarize yourself with the assembly process and all the necessary instructions on this subject in this video.
Based on the reviews on Askona brand sofas available on the Internet, it is very difficult to draw adequate conclusions about their quality and functionality. The thing is that on many sites with reviews and on numerous forums, the vast majority of customer opinions are negative and it is not always aimed only at really overpriced furniture items.
For example, many users are unhappy that after a couple of months of daily use of sofas as a sleeping place, products begin to creak and become much tougher. Some even noticed that the sofas do not correspond to the declared characteristics - only the foam is in the mattress, but the springs are completely absent. It seems inconvenient linen box and the fact that when collecting and disassembling the sofa you have to apply considerable force.
But not everything is so bad, because there are many reviews of satisfied customers who are completely at a loss for negativity, because they are completely satisfied with their purchase. They consider Askona sofas not only a stylish piece of furniture, but also a comfortable place to relax.
To personally understand everything, you should familiarize yourself with the products of this brand by visiting one of the branded furniture stores.
How do they look in the interior?
- A small beige sofa of direct shape will fit perfectly into the cozy interior. The brown floor and gray-blue walls are in harmony with each other, so the shade of the sofa will only slightly dilute the interior. And the turquoise bookshelves go well with small pillows.
- A stylish sofa of incredible chocolate shade will be an excellent complement to the interior in the same, warm, soothing colors. Dark floor, light walls, brown fluffy carpet, a light brown coffee table, as well as curtains and a beige shade of plaid will perfectly complement the interior.
- The modern stylish interior, consisting of massive dark furniture and unusual large paintings, is complemented by a stylish sofa with a pattern in the form of details characteristic of the English style, as well as a small elegant carpet that represents the British flag.
- The incredibly elegant interior in dark and light chocolate shades needs an appropriate complement, so a soft beige sofa of a straight form will be most welcome. A dark brown bedspread and small raspberry pillows will fit perfectly into the interior and add a little color.
- The light interior will look great, complemented by a comfortable sofa in a light gray-brown hue. In this case, a model with shelves in the armrest was selected, on which you can put various interior items. Green pillows and a plaid, combined with pillows of light shades, will be an excellent addition to both the sofa and the entire interior as a whole.