Electronic video enhancers are commonly used by people with low vision. The device is as simple as possible and does not require long development. With the help of an electronic magnifier, you can read, write, solve crosswords and conduct other activities. It is noteworthy that the device can be connected to a large monitor for ease of use.
A digital magnifier allows you to see fine print or small details. Magnification reaches 25-75x without distortion. An electronic magnifier captures the image through the lens and displays it on the screen. For convenience, you can connect the device to a monitor or TV. Main advantages:
- the entire image is not distorted;
- the increase is quite substantial;
- it is possible to fix the resulting large image;
- image correction modes are important for people who have problems with color perception;
- You can display the picture on a large monitor or TV;
- smooth change of the image on the screen.
Electronic magnifiers vary depending on the design features.
- Portable magnifier. Light weight up to 150 grams and convenient dimensions allow you to put the device in your pocket and carry it with you anywhere. This is especially convenient for people who have low vision.
- Digital video enhancer. Such models, by contrast, are quite massive and can reach 2 kg. True, the increase here is maximum. The image is immediately sent to the PC monitor or TV.
Typically, with such a magnifier, you can configure many color rendering options. This allows people with severe visual impairments to read.
- Stationary magnifier. The model is equipped with a tripod. It can be installed both on the floor and on the table. Some models can be removed from a tripod and used as portable. The functional of this type of magnifier is maximum. With its help you can read and write.
The most popular manufacturer of electronic magnifiers is Bigger. It is this company that offers the largest number of models with suitable characteristics. Consider the popular models of electronic magnifiers.
One of the most sought after models of the Chinese brand. It is possible to change the magnification from 4 times to 48x. Adjusting the brightness of the display allows you to use the device even in low light. When displaying the image on the monitor, you can completely turn off the built-in screen so that it does not distract. There are 26 modes of color contrast, which allows people with various visual defects to comfortably read.
The magnifier works autonomously up to 4 hours. If the device is not used, it turns off automatically to save battery power. The screen is comfortable and large - 5 inches. All picture settings are saved automatically. When you press the embossed buttons, the device emits a sound signal, which simplifies use. There is an additional flashlight option.
The most budgetary model of the manufacturer. The portable and lightweight device has a small screen (3.5 inches) and magnifies the image up to 24 times. Zoom is improved by connecting the device to a monitor. There is a stand with which you can write, not just read.
The model has 15 image correction modes. Interestingly, it is possible to capture an image, take a photo. The magnifier can work autonomously for up to 6 hours and automatically shuts off when idle to save battery power.
Magnifier magnifies text up to 48 times. This model is the most modern and expensive. The device has 2 cameras of 3 megapixels, which ensures maximum picture clarity. At the disposal of the user - 26 color adjustment options. It is possible to display a picture on the monitor.
A 5-inch display makes reading easy. Included is a stand for writing. There is a guide line on the screen that makes it easy to focus on a single line of text. The magnifier works autonomously up to 4 hours.
Electronic magnifiers for the visually impaired should be selected based on the needs of the user. The device should be as comfortable as possible to use. The main selection criteria are as follows.
- Zoom range. Everything is extremely simple here. If a person has serious vision problems, then it is worth giving preference to advanced models with indicators up to 75x. In most cases, an increase of up to 32x is sufficient.
- Screen diagonal. If you have a slight visual impairment, you can use small screens. It’s also convenient to take them if the magnifier itself will be used only when paired with a monitor or TV. In this case, there is simply no reason to overpay for the built-in display.
- Weight. It is of particular importance for senior citizens and people with certain diseases.
It is especially difficult to hold a heavy device with weakness or trembling hands. In such cases, you should select the most lightweight models.
In the next video you will find an overview of the electronic magnifier for the visually impaired Levenhuk DTX 43.