Other masters or creative people, doing their job, deal with small details (beads, rhinestones), detailed schemes for embroidery and collection of electronic devices, watch repair and so on. To work, they have to use all kinds of optical devices that can magnify the image several times. The most common option is a magnifier. Today we will talk about such optics from the company Ferstel.
Advantages and disadvantages
Ferstel manufacturer's magnifiers have a number of important advantages.
- Provide maximum comfort during operation . These optical devices are capable of enlarging the image several times. In addition, they are available with a bright backlight, which consists of small LEDs. A backlight illuminates the work area.
- The presence of additional accessories. Most often, a small box comes with a magnifying glass for storing small items for needlework. Some models even have a compass. It is built into those options that are intended for travelers.
- Durability. These optical products are made from durable and reliable materials. The case of many models is additionally covered with a special rubber coating that prevents slipping. And also some samples are available with framed lenses, which serve to protect the surface of the optics from possible chips and scratches.
- Easy position adjustment. The products of this manufacturer are equipped with convenient clips that allow a person to quickly install the device in the desired and convenient position during operation.
Among the shortcomings, one can single out a rather high cost of such loops. Some varieties will cost between 3-5 thousand rubles. But it was noted that the quality level of Ferstel optics is fully consistent with their price.
Review of the best models
Ferstel manufactures various models of magnifiers. Let's consider in more detail the most purchased options.
- FR-04. This model belongs to a desktop look. It is equipped with a convenient LED backlight. This sample has a flexible holder. A large lens with a magnification factor of 2.25 has a diameter of 9 cm. The diameter of a small lens with a magnification of 4.5 times is 2 cm.
FR-06 . This device with built-in backlight is the most practical model, as it is widely used for needlework, and for household affairs. In addition, the product can even be installed as a table lamp. There is a special valve on the magnifier body, which easily bends and is used as a strong support. In this case, the hands will remain free for comfortable and convenient work. The backlight of the unit works with four AAA batteries.
The diameter of the lens is 9 cm, it enlarges the image of objects in 2 times.
FR-09. This model is a transformer magnifier equipped with LED ring lighting, consisting of 21 bulbs. The bracket of this optical device can be adjusted in two positions: for working on a chair or sofa (in this case it is installed at chest level), as well as at a table or hoop. The equipment is equipped with a clip on flexible legs. The product works from the network. The diameter of the lens reaches 13 cm. It provides a 2-fold increase.
FR-10 . This version of the magnifier is available with a bright ring LED backlight. In the process, they do not heat up and do not require replacement, they can significantly save energy. In one set, along with a magnifier, there is also a case for storing accessories and a clip for adjusting the position of the device. The device is powered from the network. It can function continuously for 24 hours. The product is equipped with a lens with a diameter of 10 cm, which provides an increase in objects by 2 times.
FR-11. The magnifier is also equipped with a convenient illumination consisting of 18 LEDs, a convenient holder for adjusting the position of a magnifying device. It can work both from a network, and with the help of batteries. In the latter case, AA batteries are required. The model is equipped with a lens with diameters of 9 centimeters. It provides a double image magnification.
- FR-17. This sample is an LED lamp with a clip in a blister. It is quite compact in size, so it is easy to store and take with you. The product works with three AAA batteries.
Before buying the most suitable magnifier model, you should pay attention to some things. So, be sure to find out the degree of increase in the lens of the device. Today in stores most often you can find specimens with the values x1.75, x2, x2.25. Pay attention to the material from which the magnifier is made. Typically, such devices are made of a glass base, acrylic plastic or optical polymer. The highest optical performance is possessed by samples made of glass and lenses from a special optical polymer.
But the first option is much harder than the rest. Acrylic plastic has a small mass, but technical specifications will be worse than all other options.
Remember that there are different types of loops, depending on their purpose. In the Ferstel product range, in addition to standard needlework devices, you can also find watch magnifying devices, which are most often used by jewelers and watchmakers, as well as magnifiers for travelers, which have built-in compasses and other suitable accessories.
In the next video, you will find a brief overview of the Ferstel FR-09 illuminated transformer magnifier.