Wooden, glass or plastic tables with one leg add style and elegance to the kitchen interior. A wide range of sizes, shapes and prices, of course, makes it possible to choose a sophisticated version on one support for each kitchen in any design. Refinement, with a successful choice of model, will be given by such tables to other rooms. From our article you will learn about what tables can be on one leg, what they are made of and how to choose such a design that it satisfies all your whims and fits into your interior.
Round models of tables have several advantages over analogues made in other geometric shapes:
- The absence of corners significantly reduces the chance of getting a bruise, bruise, or more complex wound. This fact is especially important for families with children. Spacious round tables require wide areas. For this reason, they cannot be installed near a wall or in small rooms. But for a spacious hall, a room where a lot of people gather, this is an indispensable piece of furniture. Moreover, it will look good here.
- Round tables are great for placing food on hand. It is easy to reach them, without experiencing any inconvenience, all guests will feel comfortable at the feast.
- The shape of the circle evokes a feeling of unity, creates a positive charge and has a beneficial effect on the relationship of people who have gathered for a joint meal.
- The circle looks aesthetically pleasing. It will not be difficult to choose a tablecloth, napkins and other details for serving and decoration.
- The inconvenience of tables with a large diameter is the difficulties that may arise when you want to treat yourself to a dish placed in the center.
- Remaining widely popular and still used are wooden sliding round tables. They are very comfortable, look elongated. However, roundness does not disappear.
Secrets of choice
To choose a quality table, you need to focus on a number of basic criteria, which we will consider below.
Roughly, sitting at a table, a person takes 40 cm of space in depth and 60 cm in width of the table. The minimum space in the center of the whole structure is occupied by certain serving items. Based on this, the smallest kitchen table should be at least 80 cm in diameter. The size of the product depends on the number of people you plant for this piece of furniture.
The height of the table directly depends on the growth of households who plan to be placed behind it. A tall person needs more space for a comfortable location. This point must also be considered when buying.
For ease of use, place the product at least 1 meter from walls and other furnishings.
There are many options for the form of tables. But here we look at three of them:
- Rectangular : indispensable for their practicality in everyday life;
- Square : they have proven themselves due to their compactness and spaciousness;
- Round and oval : ideal for unique designs and large rooms.
All items indoors should be combined and harmonized. When choosing a table, do not forget about the general style of the interior. For example, an oval model under a tree absolutely does not fit into the overall high-tech style design.
The color scheme of furniture significantly affects the holistic perception of the interior:
- A light countertop will visually increase the room, and a product in dark colors will focus on spaciousness.
- White color gives the interior visual lightness and airiness, makes the room more spacious. If you want to create the illusion of space - buy the white version.
Tables on one support proved to be comfortable and of high quality in operation. They are stable due to reliable support and strong connections between parts. It remains only to determine the coating, so that it is durable and lasts a long time.
Often, choosing a table, we focus on its external data. But the main thing you need to pay attention to is the materials from which this piece of furniture is made. It is important to consider that your table care will determine how long it will last.
Now in the market you can choose this piece of furniture from:
- a tree;
- Chipboard with a laminated coating;
A practical and inexpensive choice for the kitchen will be a table that combines cheap chipboard and laminate. Such countertops have no change in the climate in the kitchen (temperature changes and air humidity). However, it is better to protect them from hot objects. Do not neglect the use of coasters for hot pots, pans and teapots to maintain the integrity of the coating. With a careful attitude, such a table will serve you for a long time.
For the kitchen, a table, the countertop of which is made of MDF, is well suited. This material is harmless, formaldehydes are absent here, but it is afraid of water. Make sure that it gets on the table as little as possible, otherwise it will deteriorate. To care for such a product, use a slightly damp cloth to wipe it. If there is constant air in the room where the MDF furniture stands, then this furniture will quickly become unusable.
It is better not to put veneer tables in the kitchen. They are beautiful, but with improper care they become unaesthetic. The legs of the tables are made from various raw materials. Often it is iron, but an empty support inside. Glass countertops need strong supports that keep the center of gravity under control.
Glass furniture in the kitchen is becoming more popular. In the interior, it creates an atmosphere of airiness. Tables with glass tops are often mounted on a wooden support.
Advantages of glass tables:
- simplicity in leaving;
- do not absorb odors, dirt and moisture;
- It is cleaned with a lint-free flap and vinegar solution.
The tinting and texture of glass for countertops is replete with variety. Transparency, like color, also varies. It will not be difficult for you to choose the glass table necessary for this or that situation.
The main drawback of glass sliding tables is the fragility of the material. Despite the hardening of the materials, they are still at risk of breaking.
Among the shortcomings is also the constant ringing when they put the dishes and the presence of stains, which are difficult to get rid of.
Plastic furniture has such advantages:
- a variety of shapes, colors, sizes;
Among the minuses, one can distinguish one, but very significant: the furniture looks very mediocre, especially in combination with massive interior items.
Extendable tables are very popular with hospitable hosts. These are compact models for small kitchens. If the area of the room allows, you can give preference to a folding table. They are often used in a modern style.
When unfolded, the table can occupy up to (or even more) half of the space in small rooms. But for a room with a large area, this is just the perfect find.
Previously, the amount of necessary space at the table for one person was already calculated. When calculating the required size of the tabletop for the dining table, it is required to add 2 more spare to the total number of people who will regularly gather at the table. For example, if you buy a dining table for three, its area should be approximately 350 cm.
The place where you plan to install it plays a significant role in choosing furniture. When choosing a table, remember that its size must be increased one and a half times, provided that the table will stand against the wall.
If there is a round table, the calculation of the place for each guest can be done according to the scheme indicated below:
- 2 people - countertop diameter 70 cm.
- 4 people - the diameter of the countertop is 100 cm.
- 6 people - countertop diameter 130 cm.
- 8 people - the diameter of the countertops is 150 cm.
- up to 10 people - countertop diameter 170 cm.
Despite the elegance of the tables on one support, there is a risk that they can be dropped by kids or pets. In such cases, it is better to abandon aesthetics and focus on practicality and safety.
It is important to know that tables on one leg must be symmetrical, otherwise the center of gravity will shift, and the balance will be disturbed. If your kitchen still has such a piece of furniture, but at the same time there are children or animals in your house, be careful. Despite the structural strength, children, playing, can still turn this strong and fragile piece of furniture.
Round tables are not suitable for small rooms at all because of the peculiarities of their placement. They look good in the center of a large room, but they should not be placed under the wall. You can find such a table made of stone. If you decide to purchase a stone structure, determine in advance the place where it will be installed. This is a heavy model; it will be problematic to rearrange it.
Tables on one leg received popularity and demand due to the fact that in everyday life they create:
A wide range of products, a huge selection of shapes and colors contribute to the growth of sales of such tables. Not a single buyer will remain indifferent, and everyone will be able to choose a model according to their taste and desire in order to realize their goals in interior design.
This is evidenced by the numerous reviews posted on the pages of the official websites of furniture manufacturers. Today, many companies offer their customers such models. Especially popular are tables from Malaysia with a chrome leg. Externally, this table is very similar to the bar version of the furniture. But there are more restrained, classic, traditional models designed for every taste and prosperity.
On how to make a round table with your own hands, see the video below.