The owners of one-room apartments have a question about how to properly design a living space so that everyone has enough space, and each square meter is functional.
But this does not mean that such a small area as 40 square meters. m, forcing an uncomfortable life. In this article, we consider the design options for a 1-room apartment of 40 square meters. m with a allocated berth, as well as examples of the correct layout and methods of zoning.
Planning and zoning
Do not think that the ideas for designing one-room apartments are too limited. The necessary minimum of any apartment is a kitchen, a berth and a living room. Given this, it will be easier to delimit the space and design a 1-room apartment of 40 square meters. m. Consider several projects.
- The design of this apartment has a sleeping place, separated by a partition, as well as a common living room and kitchen area, but there is also free space. The bathroom and toilet are piecework, which means there will be more space for furniture and appliances: cars, cabinets, shelving, etc.
- The bedroom, kitchen and living room are located in one zone (2), separated by partitions and furniture. This allows you to allocate space for another room - a dressing room (4), which is designed to store things.
- This option can be used for families with children, as the bedroom for the parents is separated. And in the spacious living room you can arrange a bed for a child (or a bunk bed for children).
You need to use all the space in the apartment, including corridors, a balcony or a loggia, then you will get even more useful living space.
Consider several methods of zoning a one-room apartment with a dedicated berth.
- The mobile partition is convenient in that it can be removed or moved. Such barriers are quite high, so they can indicate a separate zone.
- Textiles are the easiest solution to separate the sleeping area. Such a partition does not take up space at all, but at the same time separates the zone from prying eyes.
- With proper lighting, you can also divide one room into several zones. The same applies to different colors in the decoration of the room.
- Using furniture to separate the space is quite real. For example, a shelf or wall can separate the bedroom from the living room, while a bar or island countertop will make a smooth transition between the living room and kitchen areas.
- A more global option is the construction of arches or drywall partitions. Such a decision will divide one room into several independent rooms.
Finishing an apartment is a matter of taste. But there are some tips that will help you design the rooms correctly.
- Color. As mentioned above, to designate individual zones, you can use different colors in the decoration. But it is better to give preference to light and pastel shades, as they can visually expand the space. Vivid colors can be used in accessories or as accents.
- Materials There is no need to overload the space with details and structures, and therefore choose simple materials for decoration: paint or wallpaper for the ceiling and walls, parquet, laminate, tile, carpet and linoleum for the floor. Stretch ceilings can also be made to hide lighting fixtures.
- Style. The most suitable styles for one-room apartments will be a rude and brutal loft, simple minimalism, as well as modern trends: high-tech, neoclassic and eco. The common between them is a minimum of details, accessories, bright colors, simple and modern finishes.
How to equip?
In conclusion, we consider some recommendations for the arrangement.
- Use reflective surfaces: mirrors, glass objects, partitions.
- Get functional furniture: sofa bed, wardrobe, folding tables to save space.
- Lighting should be correct so that the rooms are not too dark, and that the space is not hidden.
- Do not buy excess furniture. For example, instead of chairs, select a large sofa. Equally appropriate is the bean bag chair, which can always be removed.
- Organize special areas for storing things: a podium under the bed with drawers, shelves above the bed and sofa, a double-sided shelving as a partition, etc.