Country houses “2DUM” are well known to farmers, homeowners and gardeners. The domestic company Volya has been manufacturing these products and has been supplying its high-quality products to the Russian market for more than 20 years.
The Volia enterprise is one of the first to start the production of polycarbonate greenhouses and hotbeds, and over the years brought its design to perfection. Using their own developments, taking into account the wishes and comments of consumers, as well as carefully monitoring current trends, the company's specialists managed to create light and durable structures that meet the requirements of the harsh climate and allow you to grow a rich harvest.
The greenhouse country "2DUM" represents a design consisting of a strong arch frame covered with cellular polycarbonate. The frame of the product is made of galvanized steel profile with a section of 44x15 mm, which guarantees the stability and hardness of the greenhouse even without the use of a foundation. The construction has a standard strength class and is designed for a weight load of 90 to 120 kg / m². The greenhouse is equipped with window leaves and doors located on the end sides, and if desired it can be “extended” in length or provided with a side window.
All Volya products are covered by a one-year warranty, but with proper installation and careful operation, the structure can last for more than a dozen years.
Greenhouses are available in different sizes. A numerical indicator of length is indicated in the name of the model. For example, the product “2DUM 4” has a length of four meters, “2DUM 6” - six meters, “2DUM 8” - eight meters. The standard height of the models is 2 meters. The total weight of the packed greenhouse varies from 60 to 120 kg and depends on the size of the product. The kit includes 4 packages with the following dimensions:
- packaging with direct elements - 125х10х5 cm;
- packaging with arched details - 125x22x10 cm;
- package with end straight elements - 100x10x10 cm;
- packing of clamps and accessories - 70x15x10 cm.
The most dimensional element is a polycarbonate sheet. The standard thickness of the material is 4 mm, length - 6 m, width - 2.1 m.
Advantages and disadvantages
High customer demand and popularity of 2DUM greenhouses are due to a number of positive properties of their design:
- The absence of the need for winter dismantling allows you to get enough warmed up soil in the spring, which makes it possible to save time and start planting earlier than in a collapsible model.
- Cellular polycarbonate has excellent sunlight throughput, high strength and thermal stability. The material perfectly withstands the influence of negative temperatures, does not burst and does not crack.
- The presence of a proprietary sealing circuit provides heat retention and prevents the penetration of cold masses into the greenhouse during the period of frost and at night. The presence of special clamping devices allows you to tightly close the windows and doors, which completely eliminates the heat loss of the room.
- Self-adjustment of the structure in height is possible due to the addition of frame arched elements. The extension of the greenhouse will also not cause difficulties: for this it is enough to buy additional extension inserts and "build up" the design.
- Galvanization of frame parts reliably protects the metal from moisture and ensures the safety of parts from corrosion.
- The presence of detailed instructions will allow you to assemble the greenhouse yourself without the use of additional tools and the involvement of specialists. But it should be noted that the installation of the structure is a rather complicated process, and requires attention and accuracy.
- Transporting the structure will also not cause difficulties. All parts are compactly packed in bags and can be taken out in the trunk of a regular passenger car.
- The installation of a greenhouse does not require the formation of a foundation. The stability of the structure is achieved by digging T-shaped racks into the ground.
- The arcs are equipped with holes for installing automatic windows.
Country greenhouses "2DUM" have several disadvantages:
- Installation time, which takes several days.
- The need for strict compliance with the rules for laying polycarbonate. In the case of uneven placement of material on the frame, moisture may accumulate in the honeycombs of the coating, followed by the appearance of ice in the winter. This threatens to violate the integrity of the material due to the expansion of water during freezing, and may cause the inability to further use the greenhouse.
- The need to equip the structure for the winter with special supports that support the frame during heavy snowfalls.
- The risk of rapid rust on the underground part of the frame. This is especially true for moistened and waterlogged soils, as well as with a close occurrence of groundwater.
The assembly of greenhouses should be carried out with strict observance of the sequence of steps that are prescribed in the instructions. Parts are fastened with nuts and bolts. Pouring the foundation for the construction of "2DUM" is not a prerequisite, but when installing the structure in an area with an unstable type of soil and heavy rainfall, it is still necessary to form the foundation. Otherwise, the frame will lead over time, which will entail a violation of the integrity of the entire greenhouse. The foundation may be made of concrete, wood, stone or bricks.
If there is no need for the construction of the foundation, then the T-shaped bases should simply be dug to a depth of 80 cm.
It is recommended to start installation with a layout on the ground of all the elements, according to the serial numbers applied to them. Then you can start assembling the arcs, installing the end parts, their connection and vertical alignment. After installing the arcs, support elements should be fixed on them, and then proceed with the installation of window leaves and doors. The next step should be the laying of an elastic sealant on arcs, fixing polycarbonate sheets with self-tapping screws and thermowells.
It is important to remember that obtaining a stable and durable structure is possible only if the installation rules are strictly followed and the work sequence is clear. A large number of fasteners and connecting elements, as well as frame parts, windows and doors can cause some difficulties with inattentive installation and turn into the need to perform the installation again.
Compliance with simple rules and following the recommendations of experienced summer residents will help extend the life of the greenhouse and make its maintenance less labor-intensive:
- Before you start digging into the ground the elements of the frame, you should process them with an anti-corrosion composition or bitumen solution.
- For the winter period, a safety support should be installed under each arch, which will help the frame cope with a large snow load.
- In order to prevent cracks between the upper and side sheets of polycarbonate, the formation of which is possible when the material expands from heating, additional stripes should be put along the perimeter. The width of such polycarbonate tapes should be 10 cm. This will be enough to ensure the integrity of the structure.
- Making the base of the greenhouse more reliable will help installing the frame on a steel corner.
Greenhouses for giving "2DUM" should be washed regularly from the inside and outside. To do this, use a soap solution and a soft cloth. The use of abrasive products is not recommended due to the risk of creating scratches and further clouding of the polycarbonate.
Loss of transparency will adversely affect the penetration of sunlight and the appearance of the greenhouse.
In winter, the surface should be regularly cleaned of snow and ice should not be allowed. If this is not done, then under the influence of a large weight of snow cover, the sheet may bend and deform, and the ice will simply tear it apart. In the summer, the greenhouse is recommended to be constantly aired. This should be done with the help of windows, since opening the doors can lead to a sharp change in the internal temperature, which will negatively affect the development of plants.
Consumers speak very well about 2DUM greenhouses. The durability and reliability of the models, the convenient end arrangement of the window leaves and the ability to tie plants over arcs are noted. Unlike film greenhouses, polycarbonate structures do not require disassembly after the end of the summer season and regular replacement of the covering material. The disadvantages include the complexity of the assembly: some buyers characterize the design as “Lego” for adults and complain that the greenhouse has to be assembled for 3–7 days.
Country greenhouses "2DUM" do not lose their popularity over the years. Buildings successfully solve the problem of obtaining a rich harvest in regions with sharply continental climate. This is especially true for Russia, most of which is located in the cold zone and risky farming zones.
On how to collect a country greenhouse, see the next video.