Buyers often prefer wallpapers with different patterns. The most common wallpapers are abstract options. Abstract art as a course of art appeared at the beginning of the twentieth century. And although this direction has existed for more than a hundred years, wallpapers with abstract drawings do not lose their relevance and still remain at the peak of fashion. We will tell in more detail about how to create a harmonious interior using abstract drawings in our article.
A characteristic feature of abstract wallpaper is the interweaving of various lines and other elements. They also attract attention with their non-standard colors and a mixture of different styles in one canvas.
Another reason why designers recommend using abstraction for wall decor is their positive effect on the emotional and psychological state of people.
When choosing, it is important to consider the color palette of the model and the type of pattern. Speaking about the use of abstract drawings in the interior, they immediately think about blurry images with no clear boundaries.
In reality, such wallpapers have many variations:
- Repeating patterns in clear order, created from geometric lines of shapes and prints of arbitrary shapes.
- Lines and patterns arranged in a chaotic manner.
- 3D shapes and 3D wallpapers.
- Classic images that are embodied in a non-standard way.
It is important to remember that geometry carries a strong energy and can put pressure on a person, therefore it is not recommended to paste over all walls with such wallpaper. It is best to make one bright wall, so you balance the contrast in the interior and emphasize the main sections of the room.
Advantages of Abstract Images
Wallpaper with abstract patterns, ethnic motifs and other shapes look easy and unobtrusive. Since they do not have a specific rapport, pasting them a room is quite simple. To adjust the canvas to each other will only be necessary if it is necessary to focus attention on non-standard layout using small patterns.
Such paintings are used by creative people who value a cozy interior and a romantic atmosphere. The print can be done in any way. You can also choose the print, rough or convex option.
Disadvantages of abstraction
With an incorrectly selected picture, you can overload the space and visually reduce the room. It will be unpleasant to be in such rooms.
It’s also sometimes difficult to dock a drawing. Moreover, if you bought a rough wallpaper, then with incorrect gluing each canvas will have a slightly different shade.
Wallpaper varies in pattern and color, so it is worth considering the effect of colors on the emotional and psychological state.
- Red and orange are brightly colored emotional colors that strongly affect mood, stimulate activity.
- Yellow and light green are warm colors that symbolize summer and hot weather. This color scheme is chosen to create a harmonious, comfortable home.
- Gray and blue colors, as well as metal inserts are cool colors that stabilize the emotional state and help to concentrate.
- Black, brown and blue color - dark colors that visually reduce the room. If such colors prevail, the interior may become too “heavy” and put pressure on residents.
- Pink shades are used to create a romantic interior, ideal for dreamy natures.
The nuances of using in the interior
- As a rule, wallpapers with abstract drawings are used to decorate one wall or any part of the wall, since they are considered as drawings and paintings.
- Such options help create a unique room, individualize the room.
- This wallpaper allows you to visually distribute accents and divide the room into zones.
- An interesting option is to use abstraction as a material for small inserts and applications.
Important! Abstract inserts should be in harmony with the main wallpaper and with the entire interior as a whole.
In the process of acquiring wallpaper, you should check the tone of the rolls, they should all be the same color.
The operating instructions should be attached to the wallpaper, which will tell you about how to glue this option correctly, as well as about caring for it.
If you have already purchased plain wallpapers and choose an option with a pattern for them, then it is better to take a piece of wallpaper with you.
Do you choose wallpapers for the kitchen or do you have small children? It is better to purchase a washable cloth, so you will increase the service life and save in an emergency.
Beautiful examples in the interior
For a minimalist style in neutral tones, an abstract in gray-violet tones will be a great solution. On a white sofa, you can place purple pillows that will connect the color of wallpaper and furniture.
Green wallpaper with a fancy pattern will become the focus of attention in a room in the style of minimalism. The full picture is complemented by white and gray wallpapers, which are in perfect harmony with the green color. Upholstered furniture should be purchased in bright colors, and a coffee table and shelf - dark.
White 3D geometric wallpapers visually expand the space and make your living room unique. Light flooring and neutral tones complement the design of the room.
Beautiful wallpapers with traditional country drawings will make your room original and attractive.
A well-lit living room with quiet furniture will be revived by a wall with geometric shapes in different colors. Blue, red, orange - shapes can be of any color.
Vertical stripes with a predominance of pink and green colors - at first glance it all looks like a combination of incongruous. However, such wallpapers fit perfectly into the interior in the style of minimalism. The floor and furniture are calm gray and white colors complete the picture.
Thus, the abstraction on the walls looks great in rooms for various purposes and is often used by modern designers.
Look like wallpaper with a large ornament, look in the next video