Wall murals in the kitchen may turn out to be the best solution for creating interior design due to the fact that many people like bright and effective images with specific visual images that can be transferred to a beautiful natural corner or cause pleasant associations with your favorite things. It should be noted that if the design of the room is generally not harmonious, then the wallpaper will not look like part of a solid interior, but will look like a huge photo on the wall.
From a stylistic point of view, this is wrong, because an apartment is not a museum, and photo wallpaper should be combined with the style of the room as a whole, with flooring and coatings for combination.
Let's talk about how to think through the design of the kitchen using 3D wallpapers, observing the style features of the room.
Design Benefits and Errors
Creating an interior with photo wallpaper is always a risk, because the original drawing is a strong semantic and visual accent. If he does not fit into the interior, then disharmony will result.
The kitchen, unlike the bedroom, allows for bold color solutions, because it is intended for active communication, and not for relaxation and rest.
In interior design using images, you can make several mistakes that will negate the artistic effect:
- The colors of the decoration of the room and the shades of the photo wallpaper do not match. This mistake leads to a flashy and tasteless interior. When choosing photo wallpaper, it is worth knowing that the picture determines all the colors of the design of the room, the design palette should be drawn up on it. Choosing expensive furniture or flooring is unreasonable for wallpaper, so the material for gluing the walls is selected by color when the ceilings are already made in the kitchen, doors are installed and a furniture set is bought.
- The room is overloaded with patterns. One of the rules of a good style in design is the combination of a pattern and a monochrome, or a pattern and geometry. In other words, floral vinyl does not combine with photo wallpaper. Therefore, your furniture, walls, ceiling should be plain.
The pattern is unacceptable even on the floor, so the picture on the wall will not fit linoleum, carpet or tile with a pattern. In addition, curtains and pillows should be monochrome.
The advantages of design using wall paintings include the fact that they contribute to the cost of repair. Creating a powerful visual accent, they emphasize even the simplest things. For example, you can use cheap plain linoleum or the simplest painted shelving, and it will look great thanks to the bright design of the walls.
In addition, coatings with a three-dimensional pattern visually expand the space, which is important for kitchens, with an area of 9-15 square meters. meters.
The requirements for wall coverings with images are lower than for coatings for the entire perimeter, so the most common material for their manufacture is paper, however, more dense non-woven coatings with a glow effect in the dark and with an LED effect can also be found on sale.
Stereoscopic wallpapers are images with the visual effect of a three-dimensional picture, they allow you to create spatial metamorphoses. The modern printing technique differs from a 2-dimensional image, because an image with a 3D effect is created in a special program. Its main feature is a sense of presence.
As for the meter, the dimensions of the coating can be very different, of course, the most suitable option for the interior of the kitchen is a 2 by 3 meter photoframe framed by other coatings.
The drawing covering both walls is not suitable for the kitchen, because from this the boundaries of the room are erased, and the furniture seems to hang in space.
But the picture in the whole wall can be picked up if there is a table or sofa on its background. If the wall is covered with shelves, the image should be bright.
How to choose?
To choose a wallpaper for the interior, the help of the designer is not needed at all, it is enough that in the selected image there is only 1 color present in the interior, the rest can be added using curtains, tiles or coatings for combination. Black color will fit any pattern.
Selection of coatings for walls to the floor, doors and baseboards:
- The image of the beach and the sea will suit blue furniture, the skirting board and the door may be black, black linoleum may lie on the floor. A beach picture can also be matched to a laminate of white shades. If you use light blue linoleum, then cut off a piece of material and go to the choice of photowall-paper with the image of the beach, achieving the exact match of the color of the sea and the shade of the floor.
- Forest paintings - a great option for furniture and laminate wood tones, because the green of the forest is suitable for any shade of brown. Linoleum is suitable only monophonic, however, it looks cheap in combination with a bright picture, it is better to choose a floor tile.
- Urban-themed photos blend well with dark gray hues. If the furniture, floors and doors of dark gray tones, then feel free to choose an image with a view of your favorite city.
- Paintings with the image of a meadow, field or a bouquet of flowers go well with white and wooden furniture.
If you get lost in the choice, then use nature images of a small format, if they are framed or framed, then you can create an imitation of a huge window on the veranda.
Images of flowers are also universal, especially if you use kitchen sets in bright colors.
Using the abundance of paper materials in the interior of a room may look somewhat cheap, so the photo image looks better in combination with harder materials, such as tiles and decorative plaster. The use of contrasting textures makes the repair more modern, and for the kitchen an abundance of paper is also impractical.
Tile should be chosen after the purchase of wallpaper.
The color of the material is selected according to the dominant shade of the paper coating.
- To the image of the forest we pick up a dark green tile.
- To the sea landscape - light blue in the color of the sea or sky.
The kitchen is a room where you can safely use bright colors and images that whet your appetite, so here it is appropriate to paste the walls with food images:
- For a photograph where there is sliced fruit in the form of rings, we take a white tile.
- Berries on a white background combine perfectly with pink or red tiles.
- A drawing with a cup of coffee will fit the milk-colored tile.
It is better not to lay out the entire kitchen with tiles, but only the area directly in contact with the wall image, and paste the rest of the wall with a coating for combination, but decorative plaster should be selected in tone and put around the perimeter.
Not all interior styles allow the use of wall pictures. After all, a photo is too literal an element of decor that can make the African style less realistic and modern less luxurious.
The photo on the wall is an addition to the interior with economy-class furniture; for expensive furniture in vintage style, you should buy real paintings:
- Photographic pictures in the form of illustrations are suitable for the classic style . On canvas format 1 m by 1 m you can find a variety of landscapes at a very affordable price.
- Realistic images look better in a modern style , to create a luxury effect, use high-quality glossy surfaces, for example, a table with a shiny top, metal lamps without small details.
- The urban style blends well with the views of the city, which can be complemented by a laconic hemisphere shade and brickwork.
- An interior solution in the techno style may well be decorated with any photo wallpaper to match, especially if the kitchen is saturated with household appliances and decorated in metallic shades.
- The village format can be supplemented with photographs of the field, meadow and flowers. An interesting solution would be to design a picture in the form of a window into the garden.
- The Japanese style is a modest aesthetics, where subtle beauty is welcomed, so images such as an orchid and bamboo will be great additions to low tables, mats and wicker chairs.
- Provence style in the kitchen can look great with non-woven wall coverings with large flowers.
- Scandinavian loft-style - although a laconic design option, but it can be supplemented with an image. It is best to choose a calm picture in pastel colors, so as not to suppress the muted tones of the room's palette.
- The leading style for using photo wallpaper is fusion . This is a fresh interior filled with shades of a rich palette, where you can combine a variety of materials. For this format, choose rich images with vivid colors. A working technique for creating a fusion style is to choose the main color of the photo wallpaper and paint the wall into it. Then, on the wall, put the shelves in several tiers, stuffed with household items.
When using bright accents, you need to understand what is important - not to decorate the wall with a beautiful image, but to achieve the integrity of the design elements:
- Go looking for a suitable wall decoration with printed patterns of shades of furniture and a piece of flooring.
- In order not to disturb the geometry of space, against the background of the wall with photo wallpaper, you can place shelves and even lamps, this is especially true if you paste over the entire wall.
Stylish examples in the interior
An organic wall covering in an urban style creates the effect of presence, besides it was easy to pick up white and gray furniture, stylish lamps, as elements of an expression of urban style. Thanks to the image on the wall, the kitchen takes on a concept, the interior helps to express the individuality of the owner.
Another variant of the urban theme allows you to play with space: thanks to the image, the wall does not create a dead end, but turns into a road. The kitchen set emphasizes brightly against a saturated background, a successful combination with fine tiles creates a holistic perception of the entire perimeter of the room.
The bright design of the kitchen with fruits allows you to not overload the perception of complex concepts and creates an excellent mood for eating.
For decorating the kitchen in green, voluminous stereoscopic wallpapers with the image of the forest are useful, however, what is the result! Forest freshness bursts into the room and creates a meditative mood and a feeling of relaxation.
In addition, the theme of the forest allows you to use an extensive palette in the design: white, brown, gray.
About the fashionable novelty in the interior of the kitchen, see the next video.