One of the options for a berth is an ottoman. This word in Turkic languages means “board”. Persians call this a large sofa, but without a back.
Modern models are different from their predecessors, so now the ottoman combines some of the characteristics of a sofa and bed. To date, a huge assortment of various models is presented, so you can choose the perfect option for a good sleep and a pleasant pastime.
If you need a functional and compact berth, then you should pay attention to a single ottoman. In stores there are models made of various materials, equipped with drawers or not. If you wish, you can order an ottoman according to your individual design, then the specialist will take into account all your wishes.
A single ottoman is in great demand because it is comfortable and decorates the room. If the presence of a bed indicates that we have a bedroom, the ottoman does not cause such associations. However, this type of furniture is ideal for sleeping.
A single ottoman is a great option for a nursery or living room, fits perfectly into the interior of the kitchen, it can even be put on the balcony.
A standard single ottoman with a box has dimensions of 90 x 200 cm. Such dimensions are ideal for an adult. The best solution is a model made of natural wood, although you can purchase an option from particleboard or MDF.
Manufacturers offer different forms of single ottoman. It may have a massive headboard or side back. The most common option is an ottoman with a box, and a retractable mechanism will allow you to quickly and conveniently reach it.
Convenient design and affordable price are among the advantages of this furniture product.
Manufacturers offer a wide range of single models. They surprise with a variety of color schemes, decor, attractive appearance and functionality.
An excellent solution to save space is a corner single ottoman sofa. In appearance, it is very similar to a sofa. It can be placed in any room - it harmoniously fits into the interior of the living room, kitchen, as well as office premises.
An angular single ottoman sofa is usually equipped with two backs, while the smaller backrest can be either left or right and can be rearranged as you wish.
The angular model is presented in different sizes.
Ottoman with lifting gear
If you are looking for a convenient and functional model of a single ottoman, then it is worth taking a closer look at models with a lifting mechanism. You can easily open the laundry drawer if the lifting mechanism is equipped with special shock absorbers filled with gas. Thanks to this design, the rigid base with the mattress is completely raised, and you can get to the drawer.
Ottoman for the kitchen
A single ottoman is a great choice even for a normal sized kitchen. A small corner-type product is perfect here. It will allow to embellish the interior, and also will not overwhelm a lot of space
Such furniture will add kitchen comfort and coziness.
Ottoman in the kitchen can be used as a spacious cupboard, since it is possible to conveniently arrange dishes and various cutlery in its drawer. This arrangement of this furniture will solve the problem with the guest - for him there is always an extra bed.
Ottoman is made from various materials, which allows each buyer to choose an option for themselves.
Reliability and design of models largely depends on the material of the frame. Modern manufacturers use both wood and metal, which affects the cost and strength of the product:
- The wood frame is fragile, so this model is usually made more for decoration, the embodiment of design ideas.
- An economical option is to manufacture a frame from laminated chipboard, which often conveys the texture of different types of wood.
- A single ottoman from solid wood is more expensive. Commonly used are birch or pine. The value is provided by the furniture of their Karelian pine. Although wood is inferior to metal in strength, it is an environmentally friendly material. It does not emit harmful substances during use. The pleasant smell of wood is sure to reflect on your dream.
- The metal frame belongs to the strong and reliable structures. High-quality metal guarantees the durability and practicality of furniture on which you can sit and sleep comfortably.
The fabric used in the manufacture of ottomans can be presented in nine categories:
- The zero category includes the cheapest materials such as lightweight chenille, cotton. These fabrics are characterized by insecurity.
- The first category includes fabrics with better strength than zero, and are also inexpensive. These include suede, flock, velveteen.
- Fabrics of medium strength with a complicated structure belong to the second category. It can be hardened suede or dense chenille.
- The third category includes fabrics of normal strength. For ottomans, tapestries are often used, as well as compacted suede with a pattern.
- The next category includes natural fabrics, which are characterized by good quality and durability.
- The fifth category includes artificial leather, which not only has an attractive appearance, but is also reliable and durable.
- Genuine leather belongs to the sixth category, although it cannot boast the same excellent quality as the last group. It is also inferior in price.
- The seventh category is genuine leather of excellent quality that looks beautiful and stylish. It is very pleasant to the touch and is characterized by durability and reliability.
If you are not limited in price, then you should buy an ottoman only from genuine leather of high manufacture. It is characterized by good thickness, elasticity and practicality.
How to choose?
In order for the purchase of ottoman to bring you only positive emotions and feelings, it is worth following a few recommendations of professionals:
- First you need to carefully examine the ottoman. It should not have defective seams or distortions.
- You need to check it for functionality - open the top and get to the box. The sliding part of the ottoman should not move out.
- If the furniture is equipped with a folding mechanism, then it is worth checking it several times.
- Pay attention to the inner box. It should be made of practical material. The presence of a burr indicates a poor quality product.
- It is worth inspecting the legs to make sure of their reliability.
- Measure the dimensions of the ottoman with a tape measure to make sure that it "fits" into the place intended for it.
- The consultant must provide you with all the relevant information about the manufacturer.
- Be sure to check the warranty on the furniture product and select a delivery method.