A round sofa is an original and attractive product that can become a highlight of the interior. Designers offer a wide variety of models and colors, which will allow everyone to choose the perfect option for your taste.
Features and Benefits
- Round sofas should be reliable and practical, regardless of shape and size. Many of them are equipped with convenient mechanisms for transforming the sofa into a comfortable berth. A practical choice is the roll-out model.
- Manufacturers offer stylish products using various materials for upholstery and its filling. Most options include roomy and practical drawers.
- Concave or convex round sofas are in great demand, because they look great in an ensemble with coffee tables.
- Compactness and practicality are indisputable advantages of round models. They can be used as the main or additional bed.
But in addition to dignity, this furniture has some disadvantages. The price of round models is higher compared to rectangular type sofas. There may be problems with the selection of bed linen, although many manufacturers of textile accessories already take into account the possibilities of round designs.
Varieties and mechanisms of transformation
Round sofas are equipped with various transformation mechanisms to be used not only as a place for spending time together, but also as a sleeping place.
- A semicircular model called the “reverse eurobook” is transformed by pulling a folding segment out from under the seat, and the backrest can easily be folded back. The central part remains motionless.
- Models with a transformer back are equipped with a special metal podium, which is pulled forward, and the back is already folded back. The seat remains fixed.
- The swivel sofa is displayed using the seat, which consists of two semicircles. The back remains fixed, and the lower part extends forward.
- The rounded corner sofa is characterized by the presence of a rounded back. This model helps to save space in the room. She fits perfectly into a variety of styles.
- Modular options are in great demand because they allow you to rearrange the elements for ease of use. Options without armrests are more suitable for sleeping.
- Soft designer products are the embodiment of the most daring and unusual ideas. They can be represented in an unusual form or in bright color combinations. So, the sofa looks spectacular in the form of a gnawed apple or a tiger rolled into a ball.
Today on sale are round sofas in different colors. Some options surprise with brightness, others attract with tenderness and restraint.
The highlight of the interior of the bedroom or living room can be a pink or yellow sofa. This approach will create a stylish and original interior.
The game of contrasts looks spectacular. For example, a white round sofa can be placed in the center of the room, complementing it with other furniture elements in black.
Modern manufacturers use a variety of materials for the manufacture of such furniture to satisfy the wishes of all customers.
In the classic version, sofas have a wooden base with the addition of elements from plywood and particleboard. But the most durable and popular options are considered to be on a metal frame. The main advantages - withstands heavy loads, does not deform over time.
The metal frame can be collapsible or all-welded. The collapsible frame allows for the breakdown of one of the parts to repair and easily replace the defective part. If the welded frame breaks (which is rare), then it is easy to replace the whole. For this reason, sofas on collapsible metal frames are more expensive.
Synthetic batting is often used as a filler for a round sofa. It can be of different density and thickness. If you are choosing a model for sleeping, then the ideal solution is the option, complemented by an orthopedic mattress.
Many round models have a synthetic winterizer or polyurethane foam of increased density as a filler. Such models should not be used for daily sleep, as they are characterized by increased rigidity to maintain shape.
Sofas with combined fillings will be a good solution. They are characterized by an increased service life, functionality and practicality, which positively affects the price of the product. For example, the backrest may contain polyurethane foam, and the berth is already represented by an orthopedic mattress. Here, batting is used, which is characterized by softness.
Manufacturers usually produce the same model in several upholstery options, so when choosing you can choose the option that will ideally satisfy your preferences. If you are looking for a sofa for sleeping, it is better to opt for silk or tapestry, but it is better to refuse a leather product.
Fabric upholstery is characterized by a beautiful appearance, it is also pleasant to the touch. Leather sofa is characterized by increased wear resistance.
Where to put and with what to combine?
Round sofas are usually purchased for spacious rooms. They can be used in the living room or bedroom. Kitchen options are not in demand, as they take up a lot of space.
The round-shaped sofa will perfectly fit into any interior design, giving it richness and luxury. It is ideal for a berth.
A round sofa for a spacious room is usually placed in the center. It can be supplemented with a coffee table and poufs. To create unusual design solutions, often with a round sofa, puffs of curved shape are used.
This option will perfectly decorate the interior with non-standard architectural forms. The sofa can be placed in front of the fireplace, and fill the free space with a carpet decorated with animal print.
For spacious rooms, you can even use several round sofas. This will create coziness and comfort.
For a small room, you can choose a compact version without additional modules and designs. It should be placed near a wall or in a corner. But remember that when unfolded, such a model will be bulky enough for a small room.
The round-shaped sofa is suitable for embodying a variety of interior styles. For example, models in restrained shades look perfect in high-tech style. It can be supplemented with a glass table on metal legs.
A sofa decorated with various decorative elements should be combined in the interior with wide armchairs and chairs, floor lamps with ornate ornaments.
How to choose?
When choosing a round sofa, you must first decide where it will be located, as well as for what purpose you get it - sleep or sitting sitting.
Many buyers prefer sofas-transformers. Such models can easily be transformed from a small seat to a large and comfortable bed. Usually unfolded, they have a width of 130 cm and a diameter of 200 to 250 cm. These options are worth paying attention to tall people. The back and armrests are usually folding.
When choosing a round sofa, you should pay attention to the strength of the frame, as well as the filling and upholstery. Leather sofas are perfect for relaxing, fabric upholstery - for a night's sleep. The mechanism for transforming a sofa into a bed should work easily, be durable and practical.
Ideas in the interior
The round white sofa looks luxurious and beautiful in any interior. It can be combined in design with furniture in light or dark colors. The presence of a rear back gives the model practicality and convenience.
The spacious rooms can combine two round sofas. Models look beautiful in contrast. The white and black sofa can be placed in the center of the room. Such a tandem looks beautiful in an ensemble with black furniture.
A bright decoration of the restrained interior will be a round red sofa. A combination of a red case and a brown mattress looks original. A comfortable back allows you to relax and rest. The color of the mattress blends perfectly with the brown walls. To decorate and visually separate the space under the sofa, you can use the elevation and use a different color scheme for the flooring.