For each person to spend an extra minute in a comfortable bed on soft sheets under a warm blanket is considered an element of bliss. Especially if the bedding is made of quality material. One touch to the body makes you forget about all the troubles and troubles, going on a journey of pleasant dreams.
How many meters are needed for standard kits?
For the modern rhythm of life, it is very important that a night's sleep allows a person to relax and rest. An important role in this matter is played by high-quality bedding. Quite often, many housewives face the problem of first washing. As soon as the new kit is washed, the fabric turns into a dense fabric, which becomes unpleasant to touch.
To avoid such incidents, the housewives found the right decision and took the production of bedding in their own hands. At first glance, it seems that the process of sewing a sheet, a duvet cover and a pair of pillowcases is not complicated. And it will take a little time. But actually it turns out a lot of laborious work.
First, you need to correctly calculate the footage of the bed set. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the increase in the footage of fabric for additional footnotes.
Secondly, it is very important to make the cut correctly. Otherwise, pieces of unused material may remain, or, conversely, there will not be enough tissue. In order not to look in the old records for the sizes of the elements of the pattern of bed linen, it is proposed to look at the table.
1-bedroom (150 cm)
215 * 143
120 * 203
1.5-bedroom (150 cm)
215 * 153
130 * 214
2-bedroom (220 cm)
215 * 175
230 * 138-165
Regarding pillows, you will need to make independent measurements, since the choice of each person is based on convenience. Someone uses only rectangular shapes; for others, classic square pillows are considered the most comfortable.
In order to independently calculate the fabric for bedding with a width of 220 centimeters, by the way, the European size, and find out how much fabric you need to use, you need to solve a simple problem:
- duvet cover 220 cm width + 0.6 cm on one side of the seam + 0.6 cm on the other side of the seam = 221.2 cm width on one side, 221.2 cm x 2 = 442.4 cm full size fabric, taking into account seams;
- the sheet is 240 cm wide + 0.6 cm per seam + 0.6 cm per seam = 241.2 cm full size of the width of the required material.
Despite the existence of certain standards for bedding, different sizes of double sets are released on the market. For example, the sizes of a duvet cover are 200x220, 175x215, 180x210 centimeters. Accordingly, the length and width of the sheet varies 175x210, 210x230, 220x215 centimeters. Pillows depending on configuration and shape. To understand how much material is needed to sew a double set, you need to take one of the following sizes.
- For a duvet cover 175 cm is required for one side, the second side corresponds to the size of the first. It is better to roll up the fabric rather than cut it. For the manufacture of seams, 5 cm is added. In total, 175x2 + 5 = 355 cm of fabric is obtained for sewing a duvet cover.
- It is much easier to make a sheet. To its dimensions of 210 cm, 5 cm is added to the seams. Total 215 centimeters.
- Pillowcases for an example of a rectangular shape with dimensions 50x70 + 5 cm seam. The total footage is 105 cm. Two pillows, respectively, will take 210 centimeters.
- The final calculation of the spent tissue was 7.8 m.
One and a half
For sewing one and a half bedding sets, the most acceptable sizes are as follows: a duvet cover 150x210 cm, and a sheet 150x200 cm. Next, the total amount of material is calculated.
- For one side of the duvet cover, 155 cm is required, where 150 cm is the distance required by the standard, and 5 cm is added to the seams. The same picture looks for the second side. In general, it will take 3.1 m to sew a duvet cover.
- The sheet is made in the same way. The standard 150 cm is increased by 5 cm for the seam. The total is 1.55 m.
- For pillowcases, you need to know the size of the available pillows. If we take the 60x60 variant, then the following calculations are obtained: add the second side of the pillowcase to the side of the pillowcase 60 cm and the distance for the seams 5 cm. The total is 1.25 m per pillow.
- The total amount of expended fabric for sewing one and a half sets of bed linen is 5.9 m.
There is no big difference between one-and-a-half and single sets of linen. The sizes are almost the same, the only thing that manufacturers can reduce the width distance is about 20 cm, but no more. Judging by their scheme, an approximate calculation can be made.
- The duvet cover is also 150 cm. 5 cm is added to the seams and multiplied by two to account for the second side. Total 3.1 m
- Bed sheet 130 cm. Plus 5 cm stitches. Total 1.35 m.
- A pillowcase according to calculation 60x60 is 125 cm of fabric, where an additional 5 cm is intended for seams.
- In general, it turns out 5.7 m.
How to calculate material for European parameters?
In modern life, the most acceptable option for bedding are euro sets. They can be purchased, or you can sew with your own hands, choosing a special material. As for sizes, there are several applicable standards for Euro sets. The most common option is 220x240 cm. Regarding pillowcases, it depends on the pillows. It can be sizes 50x70 or 70x70 centimeters. To understand what the fabric consumption will be for the required size, you need to study the table.
2.45 or 2.25
Pillowcases with a smell 50 * 70
1.1 m / 0.75 m
1.1 m / 0.75 m
1.1 m / 0.75 m
Pillowcases 70 * 70
1.5 m / 1.5 m
1.5 m / 1.5 m
1.5 m / 1.5 m
We take into account the type of fabric
Having made the decision to sew a set of bed linen yourself, you must first select the fabric. It should be soft, gentle, most importantly, the material selected for manufacture must be safe.
- Chintz. For this material, a lot of different colors and patterns are used. The quality of the fabric is lightweight, touching the body, causes a pleasant sensation. The disadvantage is the thinness of the fabric, so you can not count on many years of service.
- Calico The material is pretty dense. The choice of buyers presented a huge number of different colors of this type of fabric. When washing, the paint of the pattern is not washed off, and with constant use, the material acquires softness, while not losing texture strength.
- Flannel. This type of fabric is more commonly used for sewing baby diapers. In all respects, flannel fabric is very similar to calico, so it can be used when sewing bed linen.
- Satin This material differs only in positive qualities. It is soft, lightweight and extremely durable. Quite often, children's sleep kits are sewn from it. Given the high performance, the cost of satin is quite high.
- Linen. The fabric is characterized by increased strength, refers to the type of hypoallergenic materials. In color diversity, flax does not compete with other types of matter, since it is very difficult to paint.
- Silk. The most famous type of fabric. Its characteristics include smoothness and strength. The color palette has no borders. Silk does not cause an allergic reaction and can last for quite some time.
Layout and cutting for sewing with your own hands
Before starting the main work, some manipulations with the tissue are required. It must be thoroughly washed, ironed and ironed. After these steps, the fabric will shrink. Otherwise, you get a disproportionate result.
For sewing a sheet, you need to make an accurate cutting of the fabric. With the desired width of 220 cm, an additional distance for seams is laid out, a maximum of 5 cm. If there are closed edges of the fabric, the width can not be supplemented. For the length of the sheet, measure 2.4 m and 5 cm for allowances on both sides. First, overlock edges are exposed with open cuts. Then the edges are bent by 2 cm and ironed to make work easier. A few millimeters need to make a line of decorative type. According to this scheme, sheets are cut with a width of 220 centimeters.
There is a bit more work to do with the duvet cover. With a width of 220 centimeters, according to preliminary estimates of the fabric, 4.5 m came out. The material must be folded in half. For convenience of subsequent use, it is best to stitch together the sides of the duvet cover, and to fill the blanket itself, leave the opened piece on the smaller side. The seam for the open department is best done closed.
Cutting and sewing pillowcases is carried out taking into account individual sizes.
See how to calculate fabric for bedding in the next video.