The bathroom is one of the main places in almost every home. Today, many people when arranging this room prefer rectangular shower cabins. Currently, they are widely represented in the plumbing market.
Most people install rectangular shower enclosures in their bathrooms. After all, using them you can significantly save the space of this part of the house. In addition, it is worth noting that such designs are more functional and convenient compared to conventional bathtubs.
Shower cabins come in many different types. Despite this, they all have one similar structure, which includes the basic elements.
- Pallet. As a rule, it is made of faience or metal, but there are also models made of expensive stone or ceramics. And also often this element is additionally equipped with a layer of glass wool, which gives it strength and reliability.
- Walls. According to some experts, they are the main details in showers. They are made of a variety of materials (glass, plastic, metal). Often in the manufacture of walls using several bases at once.
- Hardware. It includes several separate components at once: a thin hose with a shower head, taps, axial locking mechanism. Such a system is necessary for the installation of a shower structure and for its full functioning.
Another separate component of the shower is the roof. But it should be noted that not all designs are produced with this element. Quite often they are sold with an open top. These types of units are relatively low cost.
Models that come with a built-in roof are most often equipped with many other additional features. These include the mechanism that imitates the effect of the sauna, and a system for flavoring the cabin. But it must be remembered that such options for showers will cost consumers much more than species without a top.
Today, experts distinguish two main types of showers.
- Completely enclosed. Often such designs are called a hydrobox or just a shower box. These include high sliding doors made of plastic or glass, and a rear wall that protects against water splashes.
- Half open. Unlike the previous view, such cabins do not have a rear wall. Such facilities are much easier to install in the bathroom. But at the same time, they require preliminary preparation of the place and waterproofing, since the shower corners immediately adjoin the walls of the room. It is worth noting that such showers will cost much cheaper than the previous version.
Advantages and disadvantages
A rectangular shower cubicle is a fairly popular model for arranging a bathroom. Despite its high functionality, it should be remembered that in it it will not be possible to relax as much as in a regular bath. Therefore, showers will not be suitable for all people.
Showers boast a considerable list of positive qualities.
- Space saving. Four-wall showers take up much less space compared to simple bathtubs. This allows you to place in the room many other additional items (cabinets, mirrors, small cabinets).
- Water saving. Each owner of a shower spends 3-4 times less water than when taking a bath.
- Caring for human health. Such cabins allow people to carry out therapeutic inhalations, chromotherapy, aromatherapy, and light treatment.
- Many types of installation. Unlike conventional bathrooms, these designs can be installed in a variety of positions.
- Availability of additional features. In addition to hydromassage and aromatherapy, shower rooms often have a telephone connection, a radio, and a special type of roof that allows you to hold steam and create the effect of a Turkish bath.
- Security. All cabins are made of non-slip materials, so slipping in such structures is quite difficult.
- Closeness. Most of these shower elements are made with a special back wall. It protects the space from splashing water, so such designs are considered much more convenient than traditional bathtubs. Despite such a rather big list of advantages, rectangular shower cubicles have their drawbacks.
- Fast pollution. On the glass sliding doors of the cabin, a noticeable white coating forms rather quickly, which appears due to the ingress of water drops on the surface. Therefore, experts often recommend thoroughly wiping the walls and doors after each shower.
- High price. Such structures are not cheap, so not every buyer can afford them. But it should be noted that today on the market of building materials a considerable number of middle-class models are presented, which have a very reasonable price.
- Do not wash. In showers it is impossible to soak things, wash them. These procedures can only be performed in traditional bathtubs. But it is also important to note that these designs will not allow you to wash a large animal or child, so it is better not to buy them for families with children and animals.
- Big width. Some models of showers are too wide. This greatly complicates the installation of the element.
Currently, in construction stores you can find showers of various scales. The choice of the best option depends on the size of the bathroom itself and on the personal preferences of the consumer. Before buying a product, you also need to pay special attention to the height of the room.
The following sizes are standard for such rectangular cabins: 70x100, 70x90, 100x70, 110x80, 70x70, 100x80, 130x80 cm. Showers of these sizes can fit in almost any bathroom. But at the same time, today the most popular option is the construction of 100 by 70 cm.
Many owners of large bathrooms install more spacious cabins (1500x700, 1500x900 mm) in them. It should be noted that such units are not suitable for all rooms. Most often, with such dimensions, round-shaped cabs are chosen, since they will occupy less space than rectangular cabs of the same scale.
Today, specialists can offer consumers many different types of showers. When choosing the optimal cabin option, it is worth considering the overall design of the room, the color scheme of the room's tiles. After all, each individual unit is suitable for its specific type of design.
Of particular note is the design of the design sliding doors. It can be made of a variety of materials. But at the same time, most buyers give preference to glass elements. After all, they look elegant and beautiful.
Often opening doors are made of plastic. In this case, mainly dark shades are used (black, dark gray, chocolate). These types of decoration can fit almost every bathroom interior.
Often you can find shower projects in which the main part is made of glass, and one small wall is made of metal or white or light gray plastic. According to many experts and consumers, this type looks quite stylish and modern in the interiors of a room. This option is more suitable for rooms decorated in calm light colors.
Some designers offer designs for glass cabins trimmed around the perimeter with decorative stone or marble. Such models look spectacular in the interior. But it is worth remembering that they will cost the owners a considerable amount.
How to choose?
When choosing a suitable shower cabin, you need to pay attention to the following parameters:
- dimensions of the room itself;
- quality of all constituent elements;
- mandatory availability of detailed assembly instructions;
- the quality of the material from which the shower room is made.
It should be noted separately that before buying, first of all, you need to pay special attention to the dimensions of the product and the scale of the bathroom.
After that, make sure all parts are available. If at least one element is missing, you cannot assemble the cab. Then carefully review the material itself from which the structure is made. Be sure to check it for scratches, cracks and other damage.
Manufacturers and reviews
Currently, there are a considerable number of manufacturers of rectangular shower enclosures. One of the most popular is the Russian company Fiinn . The products of this brand are distinguished from others by their compactness. In addition, this brand produces products of various shapes and colors.
Another no less popular manufacturers of showers is the Canadian company Banff . Often this company produces large-sized products with a built-in bath and sauna. Products are made, as a rule, with glass high doors, which gives the building a beautiful aesthetic appearance. But it should be noted that these showers will cost a lot.
The next brand producing cabs is the Chinese company Victoria . Products of this brand are distinguished by various types of design. They can be made in dark shades with plastic doors, in white shades with a glass roof and an opening. Units are made in a variety of forms. And it is also worth noting that the models of this company boast attractive prices for buyers.
Another shower company is Apollo . This company can offer products in various price categories. According to some repair experts, the quality of cabs of such a manufacturer is one of the highest in the domestic market.
Today on the Internet you can find a large number of reviews about Victoria showers. The vast majority left an opinion on the high quality of these units. Some users have noticed a comfortable hydromassage, a good anti-slip coating of the material, and durability of the products.
Many people write reviews about Apollo . Some users notice the high functionality of the product, convenient shape. But at the same time, many spoke out about the poor coverage of the shower, which quickly cracked and lost its beautiful pristine appearance.
See how to install a shower cabin in the next video.