Sound speakers have long and firmly entered the life of every modern person who likes to enjoy high-quality music at home, on vacation, during travel and even work. The most advanced audio systems additionally have the ability to broadcast radio. They will be discussed in this article.
Portable speakers with a radio antenna are very convenient, there is no arguing with that. Imagine that you have a long trip ahead, so you take along a column and a USB flash drive on which your favorite tracks are recorded. When the songs are listened for the first and second time, they will surely bring pleasure, but after the third or fourth repetition the sound of the same melodies will surely tire.
That's when a music column with an FM module will be simply irreplaceable, allowing you to switch you to broadcast radio stations.
In addition, such a column will not leave you without music and news if you simply forgot your drive. In any case, two functions in one device will be more useful than any one separately.
FM broadcast speakers have the following features.
- Mobility. This includes their size and configuration. The best option is a column in the form of a cylinder: they are easy to set up and lightweight.
- Support for various audio media and their formats. The more functions and features, the better, since it is never known in advance exactly what listening conditions you will suddenly have to end up in.
- Autonomy . In any trip or journey mobility is relevant, especially in the case when long distances are to be moved. The best option is speakers whose operating time on a single charge is at least 7-8 hours.
What are they?
Speakers with the ability to broadcast radio stations, in fact, are the same battery-powered radios, only they have a little more functionality.
Some models have the Bluetooth option, which allows you to connect the speaker to other devices, as well as higher quality speakers and a powerful battery. Often, such speakers have special connectors for inserting SD cards and connecting flash drives.
The most advanced models are even equipped with a clock, alarm clock or calendar, while the cost does not exceed the price of the most ordinary radio from a famous brand.
Rating of the best models
You can find an overview of the best radio speaker models.
This portable speaker allows you to listen to music both from a flash drive and via radio. It is optimal for outdoor use because it gives a fairly loud sound reproduction. Supports FM and USB. If you cannot connect the device via Bluetooth, you can use a microSD memory card.
The device is powered by a built-in 12 W battery. Such a column can be taken with you anywhere, its weight slightly exceeds 1 kilogram, which is very small for equipment of this type.
Sodo l1 life
Perhaps this is one of the most successful solutions in terms of color music. The column provides a large number of modes - even up to a complete blackout. Therefore, each user can highlight, guided by their personal preferences.
The battery capacity, according to the manufacturer, is enough for 10-12 hours, and with intensive use it works on a single charge for 9 hours. As for the sound quality, there are practically no distortions at low and high frequencies, no noise and other interference are observed. The device can read information from any drive, whether it is a flash drive or an SD card. Included is a radio FM.
The assembly is of high quality, the body is made of rubberized material, ergonomically placed anywhere, although it has impressive dimensions.
Judging by user ratings, the main advantage of this speaker is its excellent and well-balanced bass. However, at high frequencies, "sneezing" is distinguishable.
The design is concise, but quite interesting. There are several backlight modes. The body is pleasant to the touch, but it looks very brutal.
The battery capacity is 3600 mAh, which is enough for 12 hours of continuous operation. The active speaker is located on the left side, the subwoofer is on the right.
This device is optimal for traveling by car, since the speaker is quite massive. Walking with her will not be very comfortable.
FM is broadcast in the frequency range from 87.5 to 108 MHz.
This acoustics supports work in MP3 or WMA formats.
There are two USB ports, as well as a range of radio-FM, which has the most positive effect on the possibilities of using the equipment. The column allows you to connect various devices (players, flash drives, smartphones).
About 30 FM stations can be stored in the device’s memory. At any time, such a column can be used as an amplifier when connecting 1-2 microphones. And to make the sound more colorful, the manufacturer installed an equalizer . Sound at lower frequencies is enhanced by the Super Pass option.
The speakers are complemented by spectacular lighting with 5 modes, as well as decorative lighting. Among the shortcomings, users note only too loud sound when operating at minimum volume and periodic breaks through Bluetooth.
The audio speaker of this model is made in the form of an elongated mesh cylinder. In practice, this form is optimal for placement in backpacks, suitcases, as well as on a bicycle frame. Most of the body area is occupied by a metal mesh, behind it is a speaker whose power is 6 watts. The highlight of this model is the backlight, represented by many multi-colored LEDs. The device’s memory contains several adjustment modes that can be controlled using a separate button.
A representative of domestic production with a power of 10 W and a large number of built-in useful options also got into the top of popular speakers with radio. The column itself is made of quality materials. It is quite compact and moderately weighty. The control buttons are located directly on the device, they are quite large, which is very convenient when using.
Under the rubberized insert there are USB inputs:
- “Micro” - for connecting a charger;
- "Standard" - allows you to charge third-party gadgets.
The operating range is 10 m. In intensive use, autonomous operation lasts about 4 hours at maximum volume. There is a microphone thanks to which the user can receive the call and thus use the speaker as a smartphone.
This model is for the most unassuming buyers. It costs only 1000 rubles, which leads to the reproduction of a fairly average sound quality. Such a column is suitable for friendly gatherings in the country, in the yard, on a picnic outside the city. However, this audio system has an attractive appearance, so walking with it along the street is not at all embarrassing.
Bluetooth holds the signal from a distance of 15 m.
It is connected very simply: you just need to take a speaker, find it in the smartphone settings and enjoy your favorite tunes. If there are signals, it allows you to listen to the broadcast of the radio in the FM bands.
Cons are also available. So, when working at maximum volume, the speaker starts to wheeze, and Bluetooth does not connect to all devices (however, the manufacturer honestly warns about this in the instructions).
As for the radio, there is no information on what frequency you choose. You can determine it only by listening to the live broadcast.
How to choose?
When choosing a speaker with the ability to listen to the radio, special attention should be paid to the following points.
- The number of speakers. Typically, the sound in the columns directly depends on the number of channels and is divided into two options: mono and stereo. If the system has only one channel, then it sounds in mono mode, a column with two or more channels gives stereo sound. The difference between them is spatial perception (mono does not give a sense of volume).
- Power. In fact, power characteristics do not affect the sound quality, but directly affects its volume. The weakest sample starts at 1.5 watts per speaker - a similar speaker sounds a little louder than a regular smartphone. Models with average performance have a power of 15-20 watts. In order to arrange noisy parties, at least you need to install with 60 watts or more.
- Frequency range. Everything is simple here: the larger the range, the better the sound. Typically, the upper limit passes within 10-20 kHz, and the lower is reproduced in the range from 20 to 50 Hz.
- Battery capacity. The portable speaker has the peculiarity of being discharged, therefore, the battery capacity indicator is very important when working out the equipment.
In conclusion, we give recommendations on the operation of a wireless speaker with an FM tuner.
- Do not drop or drop the speaker on the ground or other hard surfaces.
- Do not use or store the column in conditions of high humidity or high temperature.
- Keep the column away from the source of fire.
- In the event of equipment breakdown and malfunction, do not do it yourself. Just unplug the device and contact your dealer or a service center specialist.
- Do not use chemically active or abrasive substances to clean the surface of the columns.
Any repair made by a person who does not have special skills can aggravate the situation and permanently disable the device.
Next, watch a video review of the radio column.