Salyut-5 motor-blocks are most often used on garden or garden plots. This technique is suitable for cultivating soil, plants, cleaning the streets of various "obstacles" (garbage, snow), transporting goods or other work.
Motoblocks have a gasoline engine with power from 3.5 to 7.5 liters. S., which sets in motion different work items. In this case, various trailed means are often used: rotors with special milling cutters, plows, mowers, snow-removing equipment, carts, brushes, sprayers that can be installed on this walk-behind tractor.
The motoblock is designed for operation in areas with a mild climate. Its use as a soil cultivator will be especially cost-effective at ambient temperatures from +1 to + 40 ° C. In case of strict observance of operating rules, maintenance and storage, which are indicated in the manual (supplied with the walk-behind tractor), the service life will be many times longer. Please note that the first 25 hours of operation of the unit are considered to be the period of engine “break-in” (lapping of moving engine parts to each other) and other mechanisms. Therefore, you should not immediately use the potential of the walk-behind tractor at full power immediately from the moment of acquisition.
To use the walk-behind tractor, some special skills are not required, but it must be taken into account that certain skills are required to use some trailed tools. For example, in the process of cultivating the soil, the area between the cutter and the gear case has the property of clogging with various debris (stones, herbs and other objects). If the space is still clogged, in order to avoid failure of the V-belts, it is necessary to stop the engine and clean the cutters from objects stuck in them.
When the soil that is cultivated contains a lot of small stones or roots, it should be cultivated at low speeds. The maximum allowable tilt angle for Salyut-5 type motor-blocks with a maximum speed and maximum load of 15 °, but tilt changes during operation up to 30 ° are possible.
The following is a description of the technical characteristics of the Salyut-5 motoblock:
- engine type - four stroke;
- engine manufacturer - Lifan;
- engine displacement 0,195 l;
- fuel type - AI-92 gasoline;
- fuel tank volume - 3.6 l;
- cultivation depth - up to 25 cm;
- type of transmission - mechanical;
- clutch type - belt;
- type of cooling - air;
- processing width, cm - 35, 60, 80;
- diameter of rotating elements, cm (mill 31, wheels 39-41);
- clearance, 11-12 cm;
- gear oil TM-5-18 (TAD-17I);
- the amount of oil required by the gearbox is 1.1 l;
- maximum speed, km / h (in the case of a small diameter pulley of the output shaft 2.8-6.3 km / h, when working with a large diameter pulley 3.5-7.8 km / h);
- dimensions in assembled condition, 151x62x133.5 cm;
- weight, 62-82 kg.
- Motor-blocks are light. They have a capacity of 2.5 to 4.5 liters. with., weight no more than 80 kg. The width of the cultivated surface is up to 90 cm, the depth of the cultivated soil is up to 20 cm. Often this type of walk-behind tractor is equipped with a four-stroke engine.
- Motor-blocks are average. They have a capacity of up to 7 liters. sec., weight up to 100 kg. Many of these units are equipped with a transmission, which has two speeds forward and one back. Such units represent universal devices, due to the fact that it is possible to select various additional equipment to them.
- Motoblocks are heavy. Mostly have a capacity of up to 16 liters. with. and weighing from 100 kg. They are mainly used on a professional scale, for example, in farming. In such machines, alternatives in attachments can be found in large numbers.
In the line of motoblocks of the Salyut-5 series there are such models: 5 X, 5 BS-1, 5-DK, 5 R-M1, 5DK1. All of them are classified as "average." These are gasoline models that are great for caring for a site measuring 15 or more acres.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of these units are as follows.
- The manufacturer uses engines from world famous manufacturers (Lifan, Subaru, Honda, Briggs & Stratton, Vanguard).
- Motoblocks are equipped with durable gear reducers that combine the reverse function, reliability and ease of operation.
- V-belt transmission has two belts. This ensures comfortable operation due to less slippage of belts.
- For forward movement there are 2 gears and 1 reverse gear.
- Convenient switching to a reduced speed range.
- Due to the presence of the power take-off shaft, it is possible to connect trailed means.
- Due to the moved center of gravity down and forward, the walk-behind tractors have acquired excellent stability.
- Steering column that can be adjusted in two planes.
- The ability to combine standardized attachments from different manufacturers.
- Simple construction of the walk-behind tractor, which makes it easier to work on it.
- Width of processing is up to 90 cm.
- Compact size.
- Quiet engine operation.
There are also disadvantages to technology.
- There is little doubt about the Lifan engine. It is inferior in reliability to the engines of Honda, Briggs & Stratton, Subaru, Vanguard, so you should choose those units on which the engines of these manufacturers.
- The design of the belt drive is quite reliable, but there are many reviews that talk about the mediocre quality of the belts, they often have to be changed.
- Increased fuel consumption.
After analyzing the above, we can conclude that the cultivators of the Salyut-5 series are reliable and unpretentious in operation. If you choose among the entire model range, then you should pay attention to the units in which the engine of one of the manufacturers is installed (Honda, Briggs & Stratton, Subaru, Vanguard).
When buying, it’s worth acquiring a pair of spare drive belts, taking into account the size of the area to be worked on (the larger the area to be processed, the greater the engine power is needed). For example, in the case when the size of the plot is about 15 acres, then a power of 3-3.5 liters is enough. s., but when the site has an area of several hectares, it is worth choosing a more powerful unit - 9-10 liters. with.
Device and principle of operation
The device of the motoblock is shown in the diagrams.
1 - wheel, 2 - handle, 3 - engine, 4 - fuel tank, 5 - V-belt cover, 6 - rack handle, 7 - gear shift lever, 8 - steering rack, 9 - clamp for securing the motoblock handles, 10 - handles motoblock control, 11 - pin, 12 - bracket, 13 - coulter strap, 14 - m10 bolt with hole, 15 - m10 nut, 16 - retainer, 17 - retainer, 18 - coulter holder, 19 - axis, 20 - retainer (diagram 1).
1 - throttle control lever, 2 - fuel tank, 3 - fuel valve, 4 - motoblock gearbox, 5 - axis, 6 - wheel, 7 - clutch control lever, 8 - clutch control cable, 9 - throttle control cable, 10 - shield (diagram 2).
There is also a complete set of units with a starter (scheme 3). There are several types: spring and electric. Spring starter - easy to install, quickly starts the engine, its spring runs on a semiautomatic device, it accelerates the motor. The electric starter is powered by a battery, this is what determines the power of the starter and its service life.
To facilitate cornering, the motor-block manufacturers also set differentials , the principle of its operation is that it distributes power between the wheels of the unit. Since the wheel, which is located on the outer arc of the turning path, travels a greater distance than the wheel on the inner arc, the rotation should be faster. Otherwise, this will cause the machine to slip. The diagram shows the bridge of a walk-behind tractor with a differential mounted on it (diagram 4).
The principle of operation is the transmission of torque from the engine to the chassis. In addition, it is possible to start rotating devices on an attachable landing. Management occurs at the expense of handles on which levers of gas, coupling and gear shifting are fastened.
Motoblocks do not need the owner to have any professional knowledge or complex specific care. Brief instructions on preparing the Salyut-5 walk-behind tractor for operation are presented below.
- Before starting the engine, it is worth making sure that all nodes are precisely connected. You should also focus on the levels of oil, fuel and coolant, since even a short-term operation of the motor block engine without the required amount of fluids can lead to serious consequences.
- Before using the technology, pay attention to gear ratios.
- When working on slopes, under no circumstances should you engage a neutral gear or roll the unit, disengage the clutch and move in the transverse direction.
- If there is a trailer when driving on a walk-behind tractor, then the brakes of the trailer are used for braking. Since it is unacceptable to use downshift or clutch disengagement to reduce speed.
- Attachments must be lifted before reversing or turning.
- When reversing, keep clear of the milling cutter to avoid personal injury.
- To change the depth of tillage, it is worth using the coulter bar, the deeper it goes into the ground, the greater the depth of cultivation.
- If the walk-behind tractor stops moving, and the cutters burrow into the ground, you need to slightly raise the unit by the handles.
- On solid soil types for better crushing of the soil, you can go through the cultivated area in several stages.
- If the cultivated soil is loose, try to avoid burrowing cutters, thereby causing engine overload.
- It is also necessary to timely change such components as a drive wheel disk, drive belts. When replacing pulleys, it is unacceptable to install a new one with a large diameter (all work on replacing and setting up components must be performed with the engine turned off).
- Upon completion of work, the engine is put into idle mode, it is expected that the engine will finish this way for about 23 minutes, turn it off and close the fuel cock.
To put the unit into storage, carry out preparatory steps (clean the unit from contamination, change the oil, drain the remaining fuel from the tank and place the unit in a dry and clean place).
In the next video, potato harvesting awaits you with the Salyut-5 motor-block.