A motoblock is a kind of mini-tractor designed for various agricultural operations on relatively small areas of land.
Motoblock Belarus MTZ-05 is the first model of such a mini-agricultural machinery released by the Minsk Tractor Plant. Its purpose is to perform arable work on relatively small plots of land with light soils, tillage with the help of a harrow, cultivator. And also this model can process row-spacing planting potatoes and beets, mow grass, transport goods when using a trailer up to 0.65 tons.
For stationary work, it is necessary to connect the drive to the power take-off shaft.
This table shows the main TX of this model of walk-behind tractor.
Single-cylinder 4-stroke gasoline with carburetor UD-15
Engine displacement, cube cm
Type of engine cooling
Engine power, l with.
Fuel tank volume, l
Number of gears
4 front + 2 rear
Friction, manually operated
speed: when moving forward, km / h
2.15 to 9.6
speed: when driving backwards, km / h
2.5 to 4.46
Fuel consumption, l / h
On average 2, during heavy work up to 3
Tire dimensions, cm
15 x 33
Overall dimensions, cm
180 x 85 x 107
Total weight kg
45 to 70
|Depth of cultivation, cm||up to 20|
Shaft rotation speed, rpm
It should be noted that the height of the control knob, which the owners of this model often complain about, can be conveniently adjusted, and it is also possible to turn it right and left by an angle of up to 15 degrees.
You can also attach additional attachments to this device, which will increase the list of operations carried out using a walk-behind tractor:
- cultivator with cutters;
- semitrailer designed for cargo weighing up to 650 kg;
- and others.
The maximum total weight of the attached additional mechanisms is 30 kg.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of this model include:
- ease of use;
- design reliability;
- the prevalence and availability of spare parts;
- comparative ease of repair, including replacing the engine with a diesel engine.
The disadvantages include the fact that:
- this model is considered obsolete - its release began about 50 years ago;
- poor location of the gas regulator;
- the need for additional balance for a confident hold in hands and control of the unit;
- many users complain of fuzzy gear shifting and significant efforts required to turn off differential lock.
The scheme of the device and the principle of operation
The basis of this unit is a two-wheeled chassis with one axis, to which a motor with a power transmission and a reversing control rod are attached.
The motor is located between the chassis and the clutch.
Wheels are fixed on final drive flanges and equipped with tires.
To attach additional mechanisms there is a special mount.
The fuel tank is located on the clutch cover, and to the core it is secured with clamps.
The control rod, on which the control elements of the unit are located, is attached to the top cover of the transmission housing.
The clutch on / off lever is located on the left arm of the steering rod. The reversing lever is located on the left side of the steering rod console and has two possible positions (front and rear) to obtain the corresponding running gears.
To shift gears, a lever is located on the right side of the remote control.
The PTO control lever is located on the transmission cover and has two positions.
To start the engine, use the pedal on the right side of the motor. And also this task can be carried out using a starter (cord type).
The gas control lever is attached to the right shoulder of the steering rod.
Differential locking can be done using the handle on the remote control.
The principle of operation is to transmit torque from the motor through the clutch and gearbox to the wheels.
This motoblock model is easy to operate, which is facilitated by the simplicity of its structure. The instruction manual is included with the unit. Here are just a few points on the proper preparation and use of the mechanism (the entire instruction takes about 80 pages).
- Before using for its intended purpose, be sure to run the machine at idle with a minimum of power in order to improve the grinding of the transmission and engine elements.
- Do not forget to periodically lubricate all components of the unit, observing the recommendations for lubricants.
- After you start the engine, the start pedal must be raised.
- Before engaging forward or reverse gear, stop the walk-behind tractor and turn off the clutch. Moreover, the unit cannot be stopped by setting the reverse lever in an unfixed neutral position. Failing to follow these recommendations, you risk splintering gears and breaking the gearbox.
- The gearbox must be turned on and switched only after reducing the engine speed and turning off the clutch. Otherwise, you risk flying balls and breaking the box.
- If the walk-behind tractor is reversing, hold the steering bar securely and do not make sharp turns.
- Attach additional attachments neatly and securely, not forgetting the tight installation of the king pin.
- If you do not need a power take-off shaft when working on a walk-behind tractor, be sure to turn it off.
- Before using the walk-behind tractor with a trailer, carefully check that the brake system of the attachment is working properly.
- When the walk-behind tractor is working on too heavy and humid areas of the earth, it is better to change wheels with pneumatic tires for lugs - discs with special plates instead of tires.
Care of the walk-behind tractor includes regular maintenance. After 10 hours of operation of the unit:
- check the oil level in the crankcase and top up if necessary using a filling funnel;
- start the engine and check the oil pressure - you need to make sure that there is no fuel leakage, unusual noise effects;
- check the operation of the clutch, and adjust if necessary.
After 100 hours of operation of the walk-behind tractor, a more thorough inspection is necessary.
- Wash the unit first.
- Then carry out all of the above procedures (which are recommended after 10 hours of work).
- Test the serviceability and reliability of all components of the mechanism and mounts. If faults are found, repair them, tighten the loose fasteners.
- Check the inter-valve spacings and adjust if the clearance is changed. This is done as follows: remove the casing from the flywheel, prepare a thin blade 0.1-0.2 mm thick - this is the normal value of the valve spacing, unscrew the nut slightly, then put the prepared blade in and tighten the nut slightly. Then scroll the flywheel. The valve should move easily, but without gaps. If necessary, it is better to re-adjust.
- Clean the candle electrodes and magneto contacts from carbon deposits, wash them with gasoline and check the clearance.
- Lubricate units requiring lubrication.
- Flush the regulator and grease its parts.
- Flush the fuel tank, sump and filters, including the air.
- Check tire pressure and inflation if necessary.
After 200 hours of operation, carry out all the procedures necessary after 100 hours of operation, as well as check the engine and carry out its maintenance. When changing the season, do not forget to change the types of grease for the season.
During operation, various problems and breakdowns may occur. Many of them can be prevented if you follow the manufacturer's instructions for using the unit.
Sometimes there are problems with the ignition. In this case, it is necessary to adjust it.
If the engine does not start, check the condition of the ignition system (test the contact of the spark plug electrodes with the magneto), whether there is gas in the tank, how is the fuel entering the carburetor and how does its shutter work.
A decrease in power may have the following reasons:
- contamination of the ventilation filter;
- low quality fuel;
- clogged exhaust system;
- reduction of compression in the cylinder block.
The cause of the first three problems is an irregular inspection and preventative procedures, but the fourth is not so simple - it shows that the engine cylinder is worn out and needs repair, possibly even with a complete motor replacement.
The replacement of an engine or gearbox with non-native types is carried out using a adapter plate.
The clutch is adjusted using the adjusting screw. When slipping the clutch, the screw is unscrewed, otherwise (if the clutch "leads") the screw must be screwed.
But it should also be noted that the walk-behind tractor must be kept in a dry and closed room before and after use.
You can upgrade this walk-behind tractor by installing an electric generator, headlights, electric starter.
About how to repair the clutch of the MTZ-05 motoblock, see the video below.