Terry sheets are a multi-functional soft and reliable thing in the everyday life of every home. These products give family coziness and comfort, giving the household a real pleasure, because they are so gentle and pleasant to the touch. Among terry cloths there are many varieties, of which each housewife will be able to choose the most suitable option for her interior.
How can i use it?
The functionality of the product knows no boundaries.
- They can be used for their intended purpose as a light bedspread for night shelter. In the warm period, the canvas will easily replace the blanket.
- A very pleasant feeling is given by a sheet, which was used as a bath towel. The fabric absorbs moisture and warms the body after bathing.
- It is possible to lay a sheet on the floor and settle on it for playing with a child. In this case, you don’t have to worry that the child will stiffen his feet on the cold floor, and you can also not be afraid that after playing the floor will be damaged.
- The product can be taken with you to the beach or on a country trip. On the shore, it will become a replacement for a lounger, and in the campaign can be used as bedding.
- A sheet that is laid on top of the bed as a decorative bedspread will look very elegant and homely.
In the production of terry sheets are made using different materials.
- Cotton. The most traditional option. The cotton product is natural, which, in turn, ensures environmental friendliness and hypoallergenicity. In addition, this fabric is characterized by softness, wear resistance and durability.
- Linen. This is another version of the natural material from which terry sheets are made. This fabric has the same qualities as cotton, but its threads are thinner.
- Bamboo. Matter from bamboo boasts its antibacterial abilities, amazing softness and tenderness. Touching such a canvas is extremely nice. The main advantages of bamboo terry are lightness and the ability to dry quickly.
The main purpose of the product is to use it as a sheet, so the products are manufactured in accordance with the classic dimensions:
- one and a half: 140x200, 150x200;
- double: 160x220, 180x220;
- Euro size: 200x220, 220x240.
In addition, conditionally sheets can be divided into adults and children. If a product for children is selected, then a huge selection of all kinds of modern designs opens up for parents: these are cartoon characters, fairy-tale characters, and simply abstractions in pastel colors. If the canvas is used for children, then it seems equally universal. It can be placed in a crib or stroller, it is allowed to wipe the child after the bath or to cover instead of the blanket.
Especially popular recently used waterproof children's things. They are universally used for the smallest children. Facilitates a young mother's life and a stretch variety, which is a sheet with elastic bands. It is easy to lay it, strengthening it on the mattress, a mobile child will not be able to bring it down, and sleeps peacefully on comfortable and smooth matter all night.
Terry sheets can be divided into groups according to the type of pile. The length of the villi is usually 5 mm. If you purchase a product with a shorter pile, the material will be a little rough for the skin. Longer villi are short-lived, as they roll quickly. According to the type of yarn, the following options are distinguished:
- single: such a fabric has a pile on one side;
- double: differs in density, softness, resistance to abrasion;
- twisted: it is a durable version that not only remains as functional for a long time, but also retains its original appearance;
- combed: it is hygroscopic, the loops of such a product are not prone to shedding, and therefore it is perfect for use as a towel.
Going to the store for terry sheets, the hostess will be surprised how diverse the product range is in its design. You can choose a product in accordance with any tastes and preferences. The most common options are:
- plain or multi-colored;
- one-sided illustration;
- jacquard pattern;
- velor pattern;
- canvas with unusual borders;
- material with 3D drawings that are created by resizing the pile.
When choosing a product, it is very important to consider the country of manufacture and the company itself. With the active development of technological progress in the production of textiles, new techniques and technologies for manufacturing products also appear. And this applies not only to product design, but also its quality, because the use of high-quality sheets provides not only comfort and coziness, but also people's health. It does not cause discomfort to the skin, warms up on a cold night, and saves with its pleasant tactile qualities from stress and insomnia.
Judging by consumer reviews, the products of some manufacturers can be considered the most high-quality products.
- Belarusian company "Homeliness". The advantage of textiles of this brand is the use of exclusively natural raw materials in the production.
- Manufacturers from Turkey: Hanibaba Home Linem, Le Vele, Ozdilek. The main advantage of the products can be noted a wide range of products. Each buyer will be able to choose among the goods of Turkish textile sheets that fit the right sizes, aesthetic preferences, price category.
- Brand from Ivanovo. Ivanovo textiles are a very serious competitor of imported products. In terms of price, these products even win, but in quality they are not inferior in anything. Among the sheets of Ivanovo production, you can find the most suitable option for your home.
- Turkish company Sikel Pique. The main advantage of this company is the use of natural bamboo of first-class quality.
- Very good products are brought from China. They do not differ in high price, but they are offered in a rather large assortment with various design designs.
- Another Turkish- recommended manufacturer is Karna Medusa . It specializes in the production of products with double-sided pile, which is characterized by very soft and soft fibers.
- High reviews were received by Russian companies Fiesta and Cleanelly , as well as the Turkish company Home collection. It is noted that brands offer quality, practical and inexpensive products.
How to choose?
Going to the textile department for terry sheets, you need to pay attention to several criteria.
- The density of the pile. Usually this indicator is 300-800 g / m². The lower the density, the shorter the life span of this product. Optimally comfortable and resistant is a product with a density of 500 g / m².
- Lack of synthetic materials. Environmentally friendly material should not include artificial additives, but do not refuse products that contain a little viscose or not more than 20% polyester. These additions will make the canvas softer, more flexible and more durable.
- Information on the label. Familiarize yourself with the composition and dimensions of the product indicated on the label. If this data is not available, then such a manufacturer should not be trusted.
Subtleties of care and storage
In order for the product to retain its functional capabilities and aesthetic appearance for a long time, it is necessary to provide it with the correct conditions for care and storage. Important are a few points.
- You can wash your terry products in the washing machine, like classic bedding. Good product preserves its performance and hand wash. In any case, you need to remember that the temperature of the water should be at least 30 ° C. Soaking sheets in advance is allowed.
- Under no circumstances should the terry cloth be ironed. High temperature can change the structure of the pile, which will significantly reduce the life of the product.
- A more preferred storage option is in a closet with aromatic fragrances in a plastic bag next to the rest of the bedding.
Terry sheets are not only a very practical and necessary product in the house, but also an interesting decorative element that will harmoniously fit into any interior. High-quality bedding and terry will not only bring pleasure to households, but also provide them with a healthy and full sleep.
See how to fold a sheet with an elastic band in the next video.