A shower tray is a product for plumbing needs, it is placed on it during a shower, while water goes into the sewer through the drain hole of the tray. It consists of sides, bottom and drain hole. A pallet is mounted on the floor, and a shower cabin is erected around.
For the buyer, the shape of the product is important. Pallets not only repeat the contours of geometric shapes (rectangle, square, oval, circle, polygon), but also come in the form of an angle. The height of the sides of the model can be 4.5, 10 and 18 cm - these are, respectively, small, medium and deep products.
It is very important what the pallet is made of, consider the basic materials.
- Acrylic. Products made from this material are quite durable and light in weight. Their disadvantage is that they are easily scratched.
- Cast iron. Products are not subject to mechanical stress, but they are very heavy, expensive. Models are not exclusive.
- Ceramics. The models are beautiful, from the middle price category, do not require special care.
But a product made of such a material is not resistant to mechanical stress.
- Natural stone is an expensive material, but it looks very profitable in the interior.
- Wood. The main disadvantage is the susceptibility to rot and mold growth.
- Steel. Models can be attributed to the budget line. They weigh a little, with a long service life.
But their popularity is rapidly falling, as the enamel quickly takes on a yellow tint, and besides, they are noisy.
In more detail below are enameled steel pallets.
Advantages and disadvantages
There is an opinion that enameled steel pallets are a relic, they can only win in price.
These plumbing products have a lot of positive qualities.
- Products are strong and durable, unlike brittle scratched acrylic. In addition, acrylic is designed for a certain weight.
- Availability and ease of installation of the pallet. Each person, after reading the instructions, is able to cope with this task.
- Multifunctionality. The product can be installed by itself, or can be complete with a shower.
It also comes with a shower screen.
- analogues have a more presentable appearance;
- enamel is prone to cracking and peeling;
- the material is cold.
Options for metal pallets
This is perhaps one of the disadvantages that can alienate a potential buyer. After all, starting a renovation, people want to see something modern and beautiful in the interior, even if unusual. Types of metal pallets do not differ in a special variety of shapes.
On the other hand, they have to fulfill their main function - to collect and drain water into the sewers, and the products do well with it. Therefore, those who are looking for bold design solutions, choose products from other materials.
By type of metal
Pallets are most often made of stainless steel or of ferrous metal, which is coated with enamel. It is necessary to know the thickness of steel: the thinner the product, the less weight it can withstand. Deformation of the pallet must not be allowed, as it will damage the enamel. A stainless steel product is not subject to further use if it is bent.
Product Size and Shape
The most commonly used square and rectangular shape. The minimum size of the product is 700x700 mm, the optimal is 800x800 and 900x900 mm. Rarely, angular patterns are found. Their range is slightly wider.
The following sizes are also popular:
- 70x70 cm;
- 80x80 cm;
- 85x85 cm;
- 90x90 cm;
- 800x800x167 mm.
Most often, manufacturers make pallets with a depth of 8 cm. There are also individual options for a depth of up to 16 cm.
Trademarks of Russian production
They are made by stamping. The material of the product is a cold rolled steel sheet, its thickness is 1.4 mm. Products get perfect shape thanks to installed European equipment.
- the form is cut;
- corners are cut off;
- the bowl is extended and cut off along the contour;
- the drain is breaking through;
- the walls are bent;
- hinges are welded.
All processes are carefully monitored to exclude the appearance of marriage, as the next step will be enameling.
Square pallets are available in the following sizes: 70, 80 and 90 cm. The height is 14 cm.
Square products are presented in the following sizes: 70, 80 and 90 cm. Height - 16 cm. The rest are made in the same way as the Laguna pallets. Enamel is made from special components that provide its wear resistance. Enamel thickness - 0.35 mm. Warranty period is 10 years.
The Donatoni brand produces semi-circular products that are white. Typical sizes - 80 and 90 cm, height –16 cm.
The price of products depends on the variety:
- the first grade is characterized by ideal forms, without any flaws;
- second grade has some defects on the back of the product;
- on products of the third grade there are small chips at the corners.
Steel pallets are square. Sizes - 70, 80 and 90 cm. The height of the sides is 15 cm, the drain hole is 5.2 cm. They are made of steel 1 mm thick. Conform to state standard specification.
White Wave Pallets
Enameled pallets are a great shopping choice. They are ideal for low-cost showers. The design is so simple and versatile that it is able to find its place in any interior.
The term of use can reach 10 years due to the use of a good grade of steel. The product is strong and durable, the bottom is treated with a special coating that prevents slipping. Square pallets 80 cm wide.
You can also highlight the products Aquatoria, made in Russia. Products are quite high quality and are sold at an affordable cost.
The main advantages can be distinguished:
- each product is certified and its quality is documented;
- pallets coming off the conveyor line pass the control stage;
- the application of the top layer of enamel is controlled at all stages of manufacture;
- models do not turn yellow even over time;
- pallets are very easy to install;
- competitive price greatly expands the segment of the covered market;
- Model warranty is 30 years.
Enamelled steel pallets of domestic production rightfully occupy their place in the market of sanitary materials. Their advantages overlap with the disadvantages. The main advantage of such products is undoubtedly the price. If, for example, you need to put a pallet in the country, then it is more logical to choose the option of a Russian manufacturer.
Steel pallets are very strong in contrast to acrylic options. Low cost allows you to sell products at a price of 1500 rubles.
The formation of a price indicator is affected by the warranty period, for example, 1 year warranty or 30 years.
Lightness and durability allow them to be used in public places (dormitories, train stations). The bottom of the pallets is reinforced with stiffeners that produce an anti-slip effect.
Steel pallets are produced by factories whose specialization is based on the production of bathtubs, for example, the Lipetsk plant for the production of pipes. It should be noted that there is a slight decrease in demand for enameled products. This is because new materials for production are emerging.
Steel enameled pallets are always quality, durability and strength, time-tested.
You can find out how to assemble and install a shower cabin from the video below.