Gardeners and farmers have long appreciated the technique of domestic production. These include products of the Agat machine-building plant, in particular, a cultivator.
The production line is located in the city of Gavrilov-Yam of the Yaroslavl region.
In various modifications, engines of recommended foreign brands from the USA and Japan, as well as Chinese manufacturers are used.
The quality characteristics of Agat products are determined by a powerful manufacturing base.
The main technical characteristics of motoblocks of this brand are presented below.
- Small dimensions of the unit are designed for processing small areas.
- Versatility is provided by a wide range of attachments. Each component can be purchased separately based on need.
- The simplicity of the design does not cause difficulties in operation.
- Autonomy is due to the presence of a fuel engine.
- Maintenance does not require specialized knowledge - it is enough to perform standard actions described in detail in the attached instructions.
- The gear gear is equipped with three speeds, two of which are designed to move the device forward, and one back.
- The presence of four-stroke carburetor engines with one cylinder, allowing to save fuel. Their power varies - they are available in versions from 5 to 7 liters. with. Also on sale are models with intermediate values, for example, 5.5, 5.7, 6.5 liters. with.
- Imported power devices allow you to operate equipment in the northern regions, as well as in the arid territories of our country.
- The low center of gravity simplifies the work with the equipment, making it easier and more maneuverable.
- The manufacturer provided for the possibility of dismantling the steering wheel and wheels so that the walk-behind tractor could easily fit in the trunk of a car.
- Since the spare parts for the Agat motoblock are of domestic production, their cost, like the price of the unit itself, is much cheaper than foreign analogues.
The main distinguishing factor of the models is the design of the engine and its performance. All other details are almost the same.
The machine-building plant cooperates with world leaders in the production of power units, among which brands such as Subaru, Honda, Lifan, Lianlong, Hammerman and Briggs & Stratton can be distinguished. These brands produce reliable products that run on different types of fuel. Depending on this parameter, the walk-behind tractor can be gasoline or diesel.
- Gasoline engines are especially popular because they are affordable.
- Diesel devices are more reliable and have a large motor resource.
Today, the plant produces several Agate models.
"Salute 5". It is based on a Japanese engine of the brand Honda GX200 OHV with forced air cooling, which protects it from overheating, therefore, increases the service life. It works on gasoline, is started manually by means of a starter. Standard specifications: power - up to 6.5 liters. sec., the depth of tillage is up to 30 cm, the volume of the fuel tank is about 3.6 liters.
The model has a steering that facilitates work on the ground.
"BS-1." The standard modification of the middle class is designed for processing small plots of land. The unit is equipped with an American petrol engine brand Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 13H3 with electronic ignition. Among the technical characteristics can be noted power (6.5 l. From.), Tank volume (4 l) and the depth of plowing of the earth (up to 25 cm). A distinctive feature is the automatic gearbox and the presence of steering knob adjustment in two planes.
Model "BS-5.5". This modification also has a US engine manufactured by Briggs & Stratton RS. Compared with the previous device, it is less powerful (5.5 l. From.), The rest of the characteristics are similar. The device runs on gasoline.
"KhMD-6.5." The motorized unit is equipped with a Hammerman diesel engine with an air cooling function that allows you to work efficiently even under heavy loads. The unit is characterized by economical fuel consumption. The main drawback is its inability to meet the conditions of the northern regions of the country, since at low temperatures there are problems with launching.
ZH-6.5. This is one of the latest modifications of the Agate brand. The Zongshen engine is made in the image of the Honda GX200 type Q.
X. The cultivator is equipped with a power unit of Japanese origin Honda QHE4, whose capacity is 5 liters. with. It is lighter and more maneuverable due to the installation of a less capacious 1.8 liter fuel tank.
"L-6.5." Motoblock based on the Chinese engine Lifan. It can be used to work on an area of up to 50 acres. Gasoline is used as fuel. The unit is started manually, there is protection against overheating, the depth is up to 25 cm. The device is adapted to winter conditions.
"R-6." The technical device is equipped with a four-stroke gasoline engine manufactured in Japan by Subaru. The motoblock is considered one of the most powerful in the lineup - it has a rated power of up to 7 horsepower. Among the benefits should be noted regulated management.
Motor-blocks "Agate", depending on the mounted components, can perform various functions. The following are just some examples.
- Snow blower.
- Garbage collector.
- Mower man. With the Zarya rotary mower, you can mow not only weed grass, but also coarse-stalked plants such as ears of corn or straw.
- Potato digger and potato planter. Such an aggregate can be obtained using additional nozzles, which simplify the procedures for planting and digging potatoes, as well as other root crops.
- Hoe. Equipment is required on farms to mechanize manual labor for weeding and hilling beds. It is also effective for "cutting" the plot into beds.
Agat motocultivators have a wide range of actions, which simplifies the work of farmers and gardeners with farmland up to 50 acres.
Construction device and accessories
The main elements of the walk-behind tractor are listed below.
- The supporting frame, which is two reinforced steel squares. With the help of bolts and brackets, all working units and the control system are mounted on it, in particular, the gearbox, protective structures, engine, steering wheel or control levers.
- The clutch is carried out by a V-belt transmission by means of a tension roller. The clutch system also includes elements such as control levers, a belt and a return spring. Simplicity of design ensures the reliability of the entire system.
- Gear reducer, oil-filled, housing made of aluminum. Toothed joints increase transmission reliability. Gearbox with a three-speed gearbox.
Since the task of this element is to ensure uninterrupted torque, it is filled with oil to reduce friction. To seal the joints, an oil seal is necessary, which sometimes requires replacement. As a rule, almost all models have a “reverse gear”, which means that they are equipped with a reverse gear.
- The motor is gasoline or diesel imported. If desired, the engine can be replaced with a domestic one. The cheapest option among overseas is the Chinese Lifan motor.
- The chassis in the form of a half shaft is necessary for the movement of the walk-behind tractor. Sometimes the manufacturer installs the pneumatic wheels that are required to improve cross-country ability. Their wide treads increase traction. Caterpillars are also used for these purposes. The package usually includes a pump. The stability of the apparatus is provided by wheel locks in the form of a folding stop.
- Hitch - an element for attaching attachments.
- Awnings. For the motoblock, additional attachments are available that increase the functionality of the equipment and allow you to perform various actions. The most common options are presented below.
- Plow. For the primary digging of the earth or during autumn plowing, when the soil is dense and seized by the roots of the plants, it is better to give preference to a reversible plow rather than cutters, as it goes deeper into the soil, turns the layer upside down. It is necessary that the roots dry and freeze in the winter.
The procedure facilitates tillage in spring.
- Milling cutters. Cultivators, as a rule, are included in the standard equipment of the apparatus of the Agat brand. With their help, the device not only cultivates the soil, but also moves. Unlike a plow, cutters do not damage the fruit layer, but only soften and saturate it with oxygen. Nozzles are made of hardened steel and are three-leaf and four-leaf.
- Goose Feet. This is a front adapter for attachments. The device is a seat on wheels, which is connected via a hitch to a walk-behind tractor. It is required to provide some comfort to the operator during operation. The device is advisable to use when processing large land plots.
- Mower. The most popular among the nozzles is the Zarya lawn mower. It is equipped with a rotary mechanism. With its help, a lawn is formed, hay is harvested, separate small bushes are cut out. The positive aspects include the ability of the equipment not only to mow the grass, but also to lay it, as well as the stability of the unit to falling under the braid of stones during operation.
- Grousers. Arable work, hilling and weeding ridges - a standard set of actions for the specified type of attachments. As a rule, they are used in combination with other nozzles: a plow, potato grower or hiller. Grousers not only loosen the earth, but also move the walk-behind tractor.
- Dump. The canopy is a wide shovel, with which you can remove snow and large debris. The snowmobile attachment is adapted to low temperatures.
- The rotor brush is convenient for cleaning the area - with it you can sweep the remaining snow or remove small debris. It is quite tough, so it easily clears ice and frozen dirt.
- The auger snow blower is indispensable for cleaning garden paths or a house adjoining territory. The snow blower is able to cope even with packed snowdrifts, throwing snow by three meters.
- Mechanized devices for planting and harvesting potatoes. Potato digger allows you to dig up root crops and spreads them in rows in the direction of its movement. The planter has a more complex device and helps ensure that the tubers are planted in even rows to the required depth. In addition, manufacturers equipped the device with an additional unit for applying fertilizer to the soil.
- Trailer. In order to transport piece or bulk cargo, it is enough to attach the cart to the cultivator.
Manufacturers produce trailers of different carrying capacities, with varying degrees of automation of the unloading process: manual or mechanized.
Additional weights are installed on the milling cutters and the plow during plowing, which allow you to go deeper to the required depth on dense soils.
- Tractor module. In addition to a separate attachment, a KV-2 layout module can be attached to a walk-behind tractor, so that the machine turns into a multifunctional mini-tractor. The received vehicle does not require registration.
The main technical characteristics of the Agat tractor module:
- fuel - gasoline or diesel;
- manual type of starting the motor (with key);
- transmission - manual gearbox;
- rear drive.
- Tracked module. The crawler attachment will make the walk-behind tractor passable like an all-terrain vehicle.
- The KV-3 all-terrain vehicle for the Agat walk-behind tractor is equipped with tracks with triangular tracks, which allow good movement on snowy areas and off-road.
- A motorized towing vehicle is assembled quite easily, caterpillar tracks are mounted on wheels with shock absorbers.
How to choose?
Before choosing a mechanized assistant for agricultural work, you should carefully analyze all available information. This is necessary in order to clearly understand whether the specified motorcycles are suitable for the land or not.
First of all, it is worth considering options depending on engine power. If the soil is very dense or virgin, then you should choose a device with maximum power.
Then you need to consider the type of engine depending on the fuel on which it runs. It all depends on the region and the availability of one kind or another. As a rule, a gasoline engine is cheaper, but a diesel engine is reliable, so you should evaluate the benefits in both cases.
Another criterion is fuel consumption. It depends on the power of the walk-behind tractor. For example, an engine with a capacity of 3 to 3.5 liters. with. consumes 0.9 kg of gasoline per hour, while a more powerful analogue of 6 liters. with. - 1.1 kg. However, it should be remembered that low-power units will consume much more time for cultivating the land, therefore, saving fuel consumption is doubtful.
Also, when buying, you need to pay attention to the design features of the gearbox. It can be collapsible or non-collapsible. The latter is designed for a longer operational period, but when it fails, it is not repaired, but replaced with a new one. In addition, there are gearboxes with chain and gear transmission.
Based on practice, experts advise taking the latter, since it is reliable.
The hitch for the awnings can be individual for each equipment or universal, suitable for any nozzle.
The Agat plant has a wide dealer network, therefore, before purchasing the walk-behind tractor or its accessories, it is more advisable to consult with the seller. This can be done at specialized retail outlets or on the Internet. They will answer all questions of interest, give advice or select a model according to the criteria.
The instruction manual for the model is necessarily included in the package of the motoblock. Before work, it is recommended to carefully study it. Typically, this document contains the following sections.
- The device device, its assembly.
- Run-in instructions (first start). The section contains recommendations on how to start the walk-behind tractor for the first time, as well as items that contain information on checking the operation of moving parts at low load.
- Technical characteristics of a specific modification.
- Advice and recommendations for further maintenance and maintenance of the device. Here you can find information on changing oil, oil seals, lubricating and inspecting parts.
- A list of common types of breakdowns, their causes and solutions, partial repairs.
- Safety requirements when working with a walk-behind tractor.
- Also, the addresses where you can take the cultivator for warranty repair are usually indicated.
The first 20-25 hours of operation are called running-in a walk-behind tractor. Overloads cannot be arranged at this time. Functionality check of all units of the unit is carried out at low power.
During the running-in period, the idling should be adjusted, but you need to make sure that the walk-behind tractor does not work in this mode for more than 10 minutes.
Even if the cultivator is not entirely new, but just got it before spring plowing after winter "hibernation", you must first break it in, check the level of all fluids. Often, after a long period of inactivity, an oil change is required.
You should also inspect the candles and change them if necessary. Set up the ignition system.
Carburetor adjustment is necessary after a long downtime. The new mechanism also requires this. Verification will help to identify defects and eliminate them before the start of field work.
Detailed instructions for setting and adjusting the carburetor are given in the product documentation.
Proper preparation of the cultivator is the key to effective action in the future, so you need to practice in advance and solve the following issues:
- how to put a furrow or a plow;
- why attachments are needed;
- what to do if the motor stalled;
- at what power, to what depth can the earth be plowed.
Low-power motoblocks with a capacity of 5 l. with. can not be used when running for a long time. In addition, when using them, one should take into account operability and should not be overloaded too much, otherwise they will quickly fail.
Responses of the owners agree that the Agat walk-behind tractor significantly facilitates the work of people associated with agriculture. As for cultivation, it is carried out quite qualitatively. In addition, the device is lightweight and stable.
Among the shortcomings, there are problems with oil leakage after 1-2 years of service.
How to prepare a new Agate walk-behind tractor for operation, see the video below.