The range of high-quality equipment “Favorite” includes walk-behind tractors, motor cultivators, as well as attachments for various work on the site. It is worth considering in more detail the features of this product, a variety of models and selection tips.
Favorite products are famous not only in Russia but also in other countries, because they are characterized by excellent quality at an affordable price. Special motoblocks attract special attention. The manufacturer is Open Joint-Stock Company “Plant them. Degtyareva "(ZiD). This huge enterprise is located in the Vladimir region. It belongs to the largest engineering plants in Russia and has a rich history of development. For over 50 years, this company has been producing high quality motor products. The plant is mainly engaged in the production of military equipment, but also offers a fairly large selection of products for civilian use - Favorit motoblocks and Leader cultivators. Favorit motor-blocks are in high demand due to excellent technical parameters. This product has the following features.
- They are equipped with single-cylinder engines with power from 5 to 7 horsepower. Exclusively diesel engines from such well-known brands as Honda, Briggs & Stratton, Lifan and Subaru are presented.
- Due to its heavy weight, the equipment is ideally suited for working on virgin soil or heavy soil.
- By moving the pulley, you can increase the speed from 3 to 11 kilometers per hour.
- The shaft can be supplemented with cutters - two, four or six.
- The control knobs have two positions and are anti-vibration.
- Products are characterized by durability and reliability, can be easily repaired and presented with simple equipment.
- To increase the functionality of the units, various attachments can be used.
It is worth noting that each unit passes 5 levels of control at the factory. During the check, the operability of the equipment, the correct assembly, the presence of all elements of power equipment, as well as accompanying documentation are monitored. An indisputable advantage is that walk-behind tractors go on sale in assembled form. If necessary, the unit can be folded and packaged in a special container.
Models and their characteristics
Motorblocks “Favorite” are represented by various modifications, which allows each buyer to choose the best option depending on personal preferences and goals. Absolutely all models are equipped with a diesel engine, which allows you to work with high power, while this requires a fairly low fuel consumption. You should consider in more detail the most popular models.
- “Favorite MB-1.” This is a fairly popular model that provides work in large areas thanks to a powerful engine. This unit has an electronic launch system, characterized by increased maneuverability and improved cross-country ability. This power equipment is used to work even on heavy soils. The power of the diesel engine is 7 liters. with. The 3.8 liter fuel tank allows you to work for a fairly long period without additional refueling. For one hour of operation, fuel consumption is 1.3 liters. The unit can curl a maximum speed of up to 11 km / h. This model has a size of 92.5x66x94 cm and a weight of 67 kg. The depth of plowing can reach 25 cm and a width of 62 cm. To prolong the operation of the unit, it is worth regularly cleaning the fuel channels and adjusting the carburetor.
- Favorite MB-3. This model is an excellent choice for various land works, and it can also be used to transport a variety of goods. The equipment engine is reliably protected from overheating due to the presence of an air cooling system. This model is equipped with a Briggs & Stratton engine starter. Its power is about 6.5 horsepower. The fuel tank has a volume of 3.6 liters, and fuel consumption is 1.3 liters per hour, which allows you to work up to about three hours without additional refueling. The weight of the equipment is 73 kg. This model allows tillage to a depth of 25 cm and a width of 89 cm. The maximum speed of plowing can reach 11 km / h. The ignition coil is a non-contact type.
- Favorite MB-4. This is a pretty strong model, which is suitable for working on heavy soils. Thanks to the air flow, the engine cools. But this model is characterized by a rather high fuel consumption, because its consumption is 3.8 liters. For one hour of operation, fuel consumption is 1.5 liters. The weight of the equipment is 73 kg. The maximum plowing depth is 20 cm and the width is 85 cm. This model is equipped with a Lifan engine, which has a power of 6.5 horsepower. The model has an optimal wheel diameter for convenient performance of tasks, as well as a gear-chain gear.
- “Favorite MB-5.” This is a fairly strong unit, which is presented with several types of engines: Briggs & Stratton - Vanguard 6HP has 6 liters. S., Subaru Robin - EX21 also has 7 liters. with., Honda - GX160 has a capacity of 5.5 liters. with. This walk-behind tractor is equipped with axles of various diameters. The presence of large wheels of pneumatic type allows you to move on various surfaces without much effort.
All Favorite motoblocks are characterized by excellent technical characteristics. They are ideal for work on their summer cottage. But it is worth taking into account engine power, while several indicators should be considered.
- Processing area. For a territory of less than 15 acres, you can use a walk-behind tractor with a capacity of 3.5 liters. with. To successfully cope with a site with an area of 20 to 30 hundred parts, it is worth choosing a model with an engine power of 4.5 to 5 liters. with. For 50 acres of land, a strong aggregate should have at least 6 liters. with.
- Type of soil. For the processing of virgin soil or heavy clay soils, a powerful aggregate will be required, since weak models will not be able to do the job efficiently, and also the small weight of the equipment will lead to a small capture of land and towing during operation. For light soils, a model weighing up to 70 kg is suitable, if the earth is clay, then the walk-behind tractor must be weighing more than 95 kg and for working with virgin soil the weight of the unit must be at least 120 kg.
- The work that the unit will perform. It is worth carefully reading the instructions in order to choose the best option, depending on the goals. So, for the transportation of goods it is worth buying a walk-behind tractor with pneumatic wheels. If you plan to use various nozzles, then there must be a power take-off shaft. Only a unit with a gasoline engine is suitable for winter work. And do not forget about the electric starter, as it allows you to start the equipment the first time.
Operation and maintenance
In order for the walk-behind tractor to work as long as possible, it is worthwhile to take proper care of it. It is necessary to adhere to the following simple rules for servicing the Favorit motoblock:
- the unit should be used exclusively for its intended purpose;
- initially it is worth waiting for the engine to cool down in order to perform maintenance of the unit;
- it is necessary to inspect the device for the presence of an incorrect position of individual parts or for their unsuitability;
- After work, the walk-behind tractor must be cleaned of dust, grass and dirt;
- it is very important to prevent contact of the equipment with water, as this can negatively affect the performance of the equipment;
- engine oil should be replaced every 25 hours of operation, experts advise using semi-synthetic oils, for example, 10W-30 or 10W-40;
- after 100 hours of operation, the transmission oil should be replaced, while it is worth paying attention to Tad-17i or Tap-15v;
- it is worth inspecting the gas cable, spark plugs, air filters so that they work properly.
Before operating the Favorit walk-behind tractor, like any other, it is worth running-in, since this process ensures the correct operation of the unit in the future. Running in is that the equipment is turned on at low power, about half. The immersion of the attachment during the running-in can be lowered to a depth of no more than 10 cm.This preparation will allow all the parts to fall into place and rub against each other, since during the factory assembly small errors occur that will immediately appear if the speed of the equipment is maximized. This setting will extend the life of the unit.
After running in, it is worth changing the oil.
The Favorit walk-behind tractor can be supplemented with various attachments in order to carry out various tasks on your site.
- Plow. This tool will allow you to raise virgin soil, to process even fairly heavy soils. Typically, a plow should be installed with one or more shares.
- Hiller. It can be called an analogue of the plow, but these additions also allow you to create elevations in places where the roots are located. The soil is saturated with oxygen and acquires the optimum moisture level.
- Mower. This is a device for mowing grass, as well as various work on hay harvesting. The rotary version is suitable for work in large areas. Thanks to a 120 cm working width, this device can be used to treat a field of 1 ha per day.
- Snow blower. With it, you can clean all the tracks from snow. The rotary model can even cope with dense snow, the cover of which reaches 30 cm, while the working width is 90 cm.
- Potato digger. This device will allow you to plant potatoes, and then collect them. The working width is 30 cm and the landing depth is 28 cm, and you can adjust these parameters.
- Truck. With the help of this device, it is possible to transport various goods over fairly large distances.
Many owners of private plots purchase Favorit motoblocks in order to facilitate work on their personal territory. Users of such units emphasize reliability, efficiency, ergonomics and simplicity in operation. Changing the oil will not be difficult, as well as changing the oil seal. If repair is necessary, all necessary spare parts are presented for sale, for example, a drive belt, but if you follow the instructions, you will not have to resort to these measures. Some buyers note that some models have a low motor landing, as a result, the air cooling system quickly becomes clogged with dust. But this drawback can be fought, because the Favorite products have good performance and are sold at an affordable price.
Overview of the Favorite walk-behind tractor see in the video below.