To optimize the workflow, many farmers and farm owners resort to using various auxiliary equipment. Motoblocks stand out among this list, the main feature of which is multifunctionality. The most popular and affordable equipment in this line is products manufactured by the Chinese brand Aurora, which has earned a positive reputation in the Russian market.
The equipment manufactured by the Aurora trademark is quite popular in terms of auxiliary equipment for private agriculture, not only abroad, but also among farmers in the countries of the former USSR. The production and assembly of multifunctional units is engaged in China. Thanks to the products manufactured by this concern, many models of useful motoblocks of different capacities and configurations have become available to many owners of farms and vegetable gardens with a large area. A feature of many models of Aurora walk-behind tractors is considered to be the ability to further equip the equipment with a blade , so that the unit becomes similar in functionality to an agricultural mini-combine.
The products of the Chinese brand stand out in that both gasoline and diesel units are offered to the consumer , in addition, the models are divided into two classes: heavy equipment and light motor blocks. The manufacturer positions the latest devices as machines for working with malleable and soft soils, heavy walk-behind tractors are successfully used on the virgin soil, and the equipment also copes with clearing snow from the territory, and functions as a mower and traction unit for transporting goods. However, all these tasks are feasible provided that the walk-behind tractor is equipped with additional attachments.
Advantages and disadvantages
Chinese walk-behind tractors have positive and negative characteristics that should be considered before purchase. The advantages of the Aurora technique include the following device qualities.
- The proposed motor blocks belong to the category of agricultural machines that have an average and quite affordable cost, in light of which the units can compete even with French devices.
- The model range of Chinese walk-behind tractors consists of machines of various technical capabilities that can be used for one or more tasks in the course of work with vegetable gardens and other subsidiary farming territories.
- Spare parts and components for the products are quite affordable, so they can be purchased at any specialized department or store.
- Aurora walk-behind tractors stand out for their ease of assembly and ease of maintenance, and it’s easy to manage.
- The devices can be used and additionally equipped with a large number of different equipment, in light of which the Chinese cultivators are considered multifunctional.
- All products comply with international quality standards.
Despite the large number of advantages of the devices in question, this product has some disadvantages.
- The weakest point of Chinese units is considered to be the engine and gearbox, which can be quite problematic to start.
- Also, components of the moving parts of devices that are not made of metal but of plastic come into disrepair. Such elements reduce the cost of motoblocks.
Models and their characteristics
The assortment of Aurora motoblocks in the Russian and foreign markets is represented by a wide variety of models, the most popular are presented below.
Aurora 1000 country
The unit operates using a four-stroke engine, gasoline is used as fuel. The weight of the walk-behind tractor is 73 kilograms, with a power of 7 liters. with., with a fuel compartment volume of 3.6 liters. The device has a cooling system, as well as 2 rear and 3 forward gears of speed. The motoblock has headlights, as well as a function for adjusting the level of the handle, which increases comfort during operation.
Aurora Country 1350 Advance
This model belongs to the category of heavy equipment, since the mass of the walk-behind tractor is about 140 kilograms. The device operates on a four-stroke gasoline engine, the power of which is 14 liters. with. The unit emits a fairly capacious fuel tank volume, which is 6.5 liters. The motoblock works at two forward and one reverse gear speeds.
Aurora 1050 Advance
The unit runs on gasoline, engine power is 9 liters. with. The mass of the walk-behind tractor is 90 kilograms. The device can function in conjunction with various attachments, the engine is started manually.
Aurora Gardener 750
Such a model stands out for its compactness and ergonomics. The motoblock is equipped with a reverse function, there are several options for the location of the control handle on the mechanism. The engine runs on gasoline, the power of the unit is 7 liters. with.
Aurora Country 1400 Multi Shift
A model from the class of heavy motoblocks, the mass of the device is 160 kilograms. Products stand out with engine power of 13 liters. pp., which positively affects the performance of the machine. The machine, like its Aurora 900 Multi Shift counterpart, has additional plant protection.
The device is a mobile mechanism that performs its work, as well as the work of all moving parts using an internal combustion engine. As external components, mowers of various types, plows, brushes, shovels, dumps are used. The equipment varies depending on the type of implement: a heavy class of machines, as a rule, has a wheel plow in the basic configuration, light models of walk-behind tractors are implemented together with a milling cultivator.
Manufacturers of owners of Chinese devices offer to expand the functionality of the purchased models with the help of attachments. Most of the additional tools presented can be used in conjunction with any Aurora walk-behind tractor, however, some options have weight restrictions. This applies to heavy implements for work, such as trailers, snow blowers or carts, which can only be operated with units whose power will be at least 7 liters. with.
The range of attachments for Aurora walk-behind tractors includes the following accessories.
- Plow. Based on the model range, which includes the walk-behind tractor, the device can be used in conjunction with a single-hull or double-hull plow. There are also classic or swivel parts.
- Snow blower. For motoblocks, the manufacturer proposes to purchase snow blowers, which are additionally equipped with a belt drive.
- Equipment for planting and harvesting potatoes. A light class of walk-behind tractors can be equipped with single-row potato planters; equipment with a larger capacity is offered for heavy equipment.
- Cart for transportation of goods. This auxiliary equipment can be standard or more lifting, capable of carrying more than 120 kilograms. Units can also work together with carts in accordance with the technical characteristics of the models.
- Mower. This equipment can be of various sizes, however, you can use the mower with all, without exception, Aurora walk-behind tractors.
- Grousers. This class of components varies based on the size range, which is selected for each device model individually. The instructions for motoblocks contain information regarding compatibility and the possibility of adhesion with one or another version of the lug.
Operation and maintenance
Each motoblock model contains instructions in the basic configuration. This document will greatly facilitate the operation, therefore, it is required to read. After purchasing the device, he will need a run-in. For the first time you can start the car directly on the site or in the garage. The optimal duration of the initial break-in should not be more than 20 hours, while the device should operate in 2/3 of its capacity. Then, in order to disperse all systems, walk-behind tractors should be operated at the maximum of their productivity, using, if possible, for transporting goods with trolleys to them, as well as during the cultivation of complex soil.
It is best to purchase gasoline A-95 or A-92 in its pure form, without impurities, for refueling gasoline units. As for diesel models, for their functioning it is possible to take fuel of any brands. In order to avoid failure of the devices, the oil must be selected in accordance with the season outside the window. To improve the performance of motoblocks in the summer, it is better to give preference to mineral compounds, and to use synthetic substances in winter. An oil change should be done once a season, or as the entire volume is reached, it may be necessary to adjust the throttle.
In order to choose the right motoblock from the presented series of Chinese devices, the following recommendations should be taken into account.
- The first priority is a clear definition of the functions that a particular walk-behind tractor must perform, as well as designating the area of the site that will need to be processed. The configuration, as well as the power of the device itself, will directly depend on this moment. For impassable soils, it is worth giving preference to heavy equipment, which will have good adhesion to the ground. For repeatedly cultivated lands, you can opt for the Aurora light walk-behind tractor class.
- As for the range of tasks, this fact will also affect the selection of additional attachments, as well as options for its coupling with the walk-behind tractor.
- The modern range of Aurora walk-behind tractors is represented by gasoline and diesel units, so the emphasis on this issue should be made during the selection. As a rule, the gasoline type of devices will cost several times less, this pattern is due to the features of the device of its engine. In addition, walk-behind tractors where gas is used as fuel are easier to maintain during operation. As for diesel cars, in the course of their use in work, it is possible to significantly save on fuel consumption, since it will be cheaper, in addition, the expense itself will be less. A striking example is the Aurora 105-E walk-behind tractor.
- An important issue during the active use of equipment is the moment of the presence of an engine cooling system. Gasoline units work with the air version, and diesel motoblocks can be additionally equipped with a water type of cooling. The presence of an additional system is especially relevant for the heavy equipment class, for example, Aurora 81DE or Aurora MT-101D.
Since the Aurora walk-behind tractors are quite actively used in private agriculture, there are a lot of different responses about the model range of devices. Most of the reviews left concern the high functionality of the devices, as well as the minimum breakdowns during operation of both heavy and light equipment. Among the shortcomings, the owners of motoblocks notice quite noticeable vibration during operation, as well as a high noise level.
See how to properly operate the Aurora walk-behind tractor in the next video.