A shower corner without a roof means a bathroom fence made of glass or plastic panels. They install with their own hands to the walls of the bathroom, however, some models are mounted directly on the floor. Many shower enclosures are equipped with a tray, thanks to which water will drain into the drain, and not spread throughout the room, turning the bathroom into a pool. The advantage of these products is their concise design and relatively low cost.
Pros and cons of design
First, consider the main advantages of this product. They will allow you to determine whether a shower enclosure with a tray is suitable for your specific requirements:
- Compactness. Two walls of the bathroom in this case act as the walls of the created cabin. To visually separate the cabin, you can use a pair of doors or curtains.
- Attractive design. There are various sizes of cabs, differing in a concise appearance. The assortment is wide enough, while the product will look beautiful in any interior.
- Availability. The price of showers with a tray attracts many. You will not need to pay a large amount for several walls and a pallet. It should be borne in mind that consumables are relatively inexpensive.
- Diversity. Today in stores there is a wide range of pallets and walls with various decorative elements. This variety allows you to implement all kinds of design ideas. The walls can be made of glass, plastic, have a glossy or matte surface.
- Practicality. It is very convenient to take a shower in such booths. There are products of various sizes, so you can choose the one in which you will be as comfortable as possible.
- Adapted for children and animals. Inside the corners with a pallet, you can easily bathe children and animals. Thanks to the special sides, you can draw water in the shower cabin, transforming the tray into a small bath. This amount will be enough to bathe a child or a pet.
- Reduced water consumption. Many believe that after the installation of showers, water consumption is significantly reduced. You can verify this yourself by simply comparing your past and new expenses.
In addition to many advantages, this product has its drawbacks. You must pay attention to them:
- Having opted for glass walls, you will surely encounter their main problem - the formation of smudges, the appearance of stains, stains from detergents, shampoos and touches. If the design in question is not given proper care, then its aesthetic beauty will be impaired.
- When a rectangular design with a pallet is installed in a small bathroom, this can cause some discomfort, as you will probably hit its sharp corners. It is dangerous for both adults and children. In addition, by choosing a rectangular corner tray, you are using a large area.
- The most popular are compact corner shower enclosures with a tray, however, this option is not very suitable for overall people. They will simply be uncomfortable in such a small space.
- Pallets are not a substitute for a bath. If you are already used to enjoying in a full bath with water, then the shower stall cannot become its replacement.
Difference of a corner from a cabin
With the help of corners, you can save the created design of the room in the bathroom, since they are mainly equipped with transparent walls, so they blend wonderfully with the existing environment. Showers have their own unique design and shape, so they need to be individually selected for the interior of the room.
The cabins have an insulated structure and can be installed in any part of the bathroom. The situation with the corners is a little more complicated, since in this case there is direct contact with the walls of the room, while protecting the room itself and the interior from moisture.
Corners are characterized by a simple design, so you can install and dismantle them yourself without the involvement of professional workers.
Nevertheless, the functionality of the corners is slightly inferior to the shower stalls. Cabins should be mounted exclusively by specialists, as they are distinguished by a rather complicated assembly. At the same time, the functionality of these products is at a high level.
Today, manufacturing companies offer customers various options for the execution of corner showers with a tray, which differ in material. The walls of the corners mainly consist of glass or plastic, so we will consider the most popular materials for creating pallets.
- Cast iron is the most common material for making low-shower showers. It is characterized by high strength and reliability. A pallet made of this material has a long service life, since it is not deformed. The disadvantage is the relatively large weight of the material, which creates certain difficulties in the transportation and installation of structures. Also, the cast-iron surface is cold enough when touched, and under the pressure of water an excessive noise is created.
- Steel is characterized by low weight, and the cost of products from this material is relatively low. The presence of a thick layer of enamel coating allows you to reduce unwanted sounds of water pressure in contact with the surface. The pallet warms up quickly enough and lasts a little longer than the cast-iron models.
- Acrylic is today a fairly popular material that can be purchased at a reasonable price. Acrylic pallets are characterized by smoothness and pleasant to the touch. Moreover, such products are very easy to care for. Acrylic pallet manufacturers produce various models that differ in shape and variation.
- Ceramics are an excellent material for use in the bathroom. Despite the massiveness of the pallets from this material, they differ in strength and hygienic qualities. A relief surface is required here, due to which the risk of slipping in corner showers is reduced. The bowl is becoming safer to operate. Manufacturers offer ceramic pallets in various colors. The disadvantage for such products is the vulnerability to strong mechanical shock and the formation of chips.
- Kvaril , which implies a combination of quartz and acrylic. This material appeared on the market not so long ago, however it is actively used for the production of wear-resistant shower trays.
- The stone is expensive, like many natural materials. It is characterized by a thoroughbred microtexture, which is pleasant to the touch.
Sizes and shapes of pallets
There are various forms of pallets that can be:
- a quarter of a circle;
- square or rectangular with medium size and deep;
- are asymmetric;
It is worth choosing one form or another of a pallet based on personal preferences, wishes and design ideas. It is not recommended to take models with sharp corners that you can hit.
It should be borne in mind that square and rectangular cabs (90 by 90 and 90 by 80 cm) take up a lot of space, unlike rounded and round models. On this basis, acquiring rectangular and square corner systems is impractical for small bathrooms.
There is a wide range of different sizes of corner shower structures, among which each buyer can choose what suits him:
- 90x100, etc.
Railings and doors
To save space, you can use simple fences, which will act as a shower corner meter per meter. Instead of a full-fledged fence, ordinary blinds are used by many, but partitions made of durable glass are most popular, since they:
- safe (if you use the shower carefully, they will not break and can be used for a long period of time;
- hygienic (glass partitions do not accumulate pollution and wash easily enough);
- differ in moisture resistance;
- have a long service life;
- are easy to maintain (to clean the surface, you must have only standard means for washing glass);
- made of tempered glass or triplex, therefore, are characterized by strength.
Glass can be transparent or decorated in various ways. When choosing between fences, remember that decorative views need more careful care.
That is why many people get transparent or frosted glass fencing, as they are easy to clean. Various methods can be used to create decorative fences. The most common of these are:
- thermal silk-screen printing.
Other methods can be used to decorate glass, however, they are expensive, so they are rarely used. Most often, sliding or hinged sashes are installed in such a design, pendulum or folding doors are less commonly used. Moreover, there are those that have radial and sliding flaps. In order to ensure that the fasteners do not violate the appearance of the product, they are hidden using special overlays. Many opt for sliding sashes, as they are the most convenient and are characterized by affordable cost.
Hardware also plays an important role in creating an attractive and robust design. She must be not only beautiful, but also reliable. As noted earlier, hidden fasteners are most commonly used, and flat hardware is preferred. When choosing between accessories, it is best to give preference to European manufacturing companies, whose products are characterized by high quality. Accessories can be found for each type of shower enclosure, if you make an effort for this. European products are installed relatively easily, so you can even fix the elements yourself.
- Albatros is an Italian company that produces unique multifunctional showers. Products of this manufacturer are characterized by the presence of various functions that make the shower as comfortable as possible. The disadvantages are the rather high cost of this product.
- Appollo is one of the most famous brands in the Russian market, which has been producing quality products for more than 10 years. The advantage of this manufacturer is that it produces both cheap and expensive corners, therefore, regardless of your budget, you can find a model that meets your needs. Despite the fact that these are shower enclosures of a Chinese manufacturer, they are characterized by high quality workmanship and are considered the best in the domestic market.
- Avita. The products of this manufacturer are characterized by affordable price. It should be noted that the range is not so wide, there are only a few models, which significantly reduces the choice. Shower enclosures are of high quality and long service life.
- Braus Germany. The products of this brand comply with European quality standards, but their cost is relatively high. This manufacturer has long been a leader in the domestic market. The range of products is quite diverse. There are models for every taste and color.
Domestic companies that provide relatively cheap products that are not inferior in quality to products from Europe should be included in a separate category:
- Aquanet is one of the most popular companies. It produces various models that can be equipped with various add-ons.
- Aqua Joy is one of the leaders in Russia, which produces inexpensive shower models, but the range is not so wide.
The following are the advantages of Russian-made shower enclosures:
- inexpensive cost: you can find a model depending on the available budget;
- ease of installation: designs are made in accordance with the requirements of domestic communications;
- shower enclosures from local manufacturers are always present at the warehouse and there is no need for a surcharge for transporting the product from another country.
There are a number of features for installing showers, which are worth paying attention to:
- installation is necessary only on a flat floor (you can eliminate bumps by replacing the old coating);
- if it is planned to create unpressurized products, then the adjacent walls must be tiled to the upper edge of the cabin;
- joints must be sealed to avoid leaks.
A full-fledged bathroom is now being relegated to the background, and showers and shower enclosures are becoming very popular. Mostly owners of small rooms get rid of the overall bathroom, since the corner takes up much less space, and is characterized by high functionality. This is a convenient way to organize space.
It is important to note that the system in question is characterized by ease of installation. Thanks to this, you do not have to call specialists for installation: you can do it yourself.
Installation of a corner shower can be seen in the next video.