The modern plumbing market, keeping up with the times, keeps up to date and is able to offer even the most demanding consumer a solution to overwhelming tasks in the selection of special equipment. Previously, the problem of installing a shower cabin at home could not be dealt with. This design was considered a rare occurrence. But with the improvement of technology in the field of plumbing, budgetary and fairly high-quality materials began to appear. Such production progress has caused a decrease in the cost of this type of product.
An alternative plumbing fixture to a bath in which water treatments are taken is called a shower cabin. In specialized stores you can find an abundance of cabins of various shapes, dimensions and designs made of different materials.
A shower cabin compared to a bath has many advantages:
- it is much more compact and can accommodate even in the smallest bathroom, allowing you to install all the necessary plumbing in the bath;
- water is consumed more economically than in the bathroom 5-7 times;
- it is more convenient to wash and process such a device;
- the bathroom always remains dry, the formation of mold and fungus can be avoided, ensuring a comfortable shower;
- By installing a cabin, you can save your time, as taking a shower is much faster than filling the bathtub with water.
Modern hydroboxes have become an ideal option for small-sized apartments, studio apartments. Even the owners of private houses began to give preference to them, because in addition to the above advantages, it has many additional accessories, such as a mirror, seat, handles, shelves for hygiene products, hangers for towels and washcloths, various watering cans and massagers for legs. It is important to be able to collect not only the shower itself, but also its bottom, that is, the pallet.
Hydroboxes have different functions. Many are equipped with hydromassage, a fan, an extractor fan, backlight and decorative lighting, and electronic booths allow you to listen to radio or music from a flash drive, receive phone calls. All this can be controlled using the remote control.
Shower cabins can be both prefabricated and monoblock. Prefabricated buildings differ from monoblock ones in that installation is possible directly in the corner of the room, the rear wall is completely absent, and the side parts are attached to the walls of the bathroom and exclusively to the pallet. Monoblock ones are universal and easy to install, have a huge assortment and are purchased for apartments with any area.
Hydroboxes can be made of various materials from both acrylic and cast iron. Doors, otherwise they are called “curtains”, are made of special tempered glass enclosed in a metal frame. Sometimes in budget versions of the cabins the doors are made of polystyrene.
Shower cabins can be different in their properties, functionality and design. They are open, that is, they do not have a ceiling and a back wall, but only doors. Otherwise, such a cabin is called a shower corner. And there are also closed or hybrid boxes, they can be located in any part of the apartment where there is water supply and discharge. Such showers are insulated at the top and sides, have different geometric shapes depending on the tray (round, semicircular, angular, square, rectangular). Installing an open top shower box is rather problematic than a closed cabin. It is necessary to carefully prepare the floor and walls, level them and eliminate cracks, to ensure high-quality waterproofing.
All shower devices can be divided into several types.
- A shower cabin is either an open or closed design, which, despite its simplest functions, is equipped with a large selection of nozzles. Typically, such devices are a budget option for the consumer.
- A shower box can only be closed and have one or more functions. It is equipped with a pallet with higher sides. The pallet may have a different geometric shape.
- A shower box with a bath is able to combine both a shower cabin and a standard bath. The functionality of such a device will surprise with a rich list of additional options. The pallet is quite voluminous and roomy, which is similar to a familiar bath.
- Hydromassage cabin. This type of closed hydroboxes differs from other cabins in that it includes a hydromassage function, which is carried out using various interchangeable nozzles.
- The hydromassage box is also closed in its type of construction. It includes hydromassage, but unlike a hydromassage cabin, water jets are directed vertically due to nozzles that are built into the back wall.
- Hot tub with bathtub. Such a device is quite large, it has a roomy and long tray with sides like a bathtub, which allows you to take a shower and relax in the bathroom. The nozzles, which are mounted all over the pallet, allow you to enjoy hydromassage.
- The hydromassage box with a sauna includes the function of the “Turkish bath”, and also due to the high temperatures you can achieve the effect of a Russian or Finnish bath. The dimensions of such a cabin are several times larger than the standard, for convenience, seats are built in.
How to collect?
Standard hydroboxing includes the following components:
- doors with door function;
- a mechanism for supplying water to the cabin;
First you need to prepare the necessary tools for a successful assembly:
- sharp knife;
- silicone sealant;
- building level;
The next step will be the selection of the installation site of the cab and its preparation. It is necessary to be vigilant: the installation of a shower cabin provides for a flat and smooth surface for installation. Initially, it is necessary to eliminate defects, to bring water and the sewage system as convenient as possible, it must be remembered that the cabin drain must be very close to the general drain. This will simplify the procedure for connecting to the sewer.
Now you can proceed with the installation of the pallet. It will not be difficult to do this if you wear gloves, since it includes fiberglass, and follow all the rules. Having screwed the legs, which are regulated by special screws, the pallet must be installed strictly horizontally using the building level. In the event that the pallet is acrylic, under it you need to install a frame to increase the strength of the entire shower box, immediately connect to the sewer and water supply. Using sealant paste, process all joints.
If everything is done correctly, then you can proceed to the stage of installing walls and doors. This can easily be done using the instructions that come with the parts of the cabin. There are special holes in the pallet into which the walls are fixed with screws. Doors are attached in a similar way, only they can differ in opening - they either swing open or slide apart. But first you have to install a special door hardware.
The installation of the upper part, or rather the roof, completes the installation of the shower cabin. Its installation takes place in accordance with the attached diagram. Here it is worth being extremely careful, as some models of hydroboxes include a backlight built into the roof. Insulation should be done at the highest level, and water should not come into contact with the contacts. Treat the necessary places with protective sealant, after which you can proceed to the fasteners of additional accessories.
How to connect?
To check the shower in action, it must be connected to the communications. It will not be very difficult to independently connect, if you choose a convenient installation location, while the sewer drain should be located directly under the drain of the hydrobox. We connect the siphon and drain with a flexible corrugation, then you need to process the joints with silicone. If these two drains are located at a great distance from each other, you will have to connect them with a PVC pipe, adapter tees and bends.
It is easy to bring water to the booth. Initially, it is worth blocking the water, lubricating all joints with a special compound. The cabin and water supply are connected using flexible hoses, fittings and adapters. For one hundred percent confidence in the tightness of the joints, you need to use the fum tape, which you need to wrap the joints of hoses and water pipes. Next, it is worth testing the connections and connecting the water, carefully inspecting the joints. If leaks appear, immediately eliminate the defects by changing the seal.
Opinions of consumers of sanitary equipment radically diverge. Some argue that the leaders in the production of hydroboxes are German, Italian and Finnish manufacturers, and the Chinese are inferior in several positions in quality. Maybe this is precisely noticed, because Europeans use, first of all, high-quality materials (glass and pallets of premium class), current innovations and developments of leading engineers. But it should be noted that the assembly of such European brands as Appolo and Aqualux is carried out in China.
Germany is beyond competition here, its cabs are recognized as the best in their properties. These are Hansgrohe, Kermi, Hueppe, Hyber, Sprinz, Villeroy & Boch, Hoesch , but the price of these products corresponds to such unsurpassed quality.
Not every Russian can afford it, as well as cabins manufactured by the Austrian company Laufen .
Italy has become a pioneer in the production of showers, their prices are set an order of magnitude lower.
You can find hydroboxes of such companies as Albatros, Roca, Cerutti, Hatria, Jacuzzi . Korean Niagara manufacturers are holding onto the same level.
Having studied the Russian plumbing market, you can meet the products of the following companies in Europe:
- Gustavsberg (Sweden);
- Ideal Standard and Ido (Finland);
- Geberit (Switzerland);
- Ravak (Czech Republic);
- Cersanit (Poland);
- Gorenje (Slovenia).
Chinese manufacturers, as always, surprise with their budget options Golden Fish, Appolo, Aqualux, Fituche .
Domestic manufacturers also enter into competition, you can consider brands such as Akrilan, Aquanet, Aquatika, Aqua Joy, Bandhours, Doctor Jet, Indeo, Radomir .
The name Acrylan Production Company CJSC speaks for itself, because the production of acrylic sanitary ware from this particular company is the leader in the Russian Federation, and all products are certified by ROSTEST.
In addition to this equipment, Aquanet also produces plumbing and bathroom furniture from Italian components, which earned the love of customers.
The Aquatika company is distinguished by its affordable cost, which offers its consumers a huge selection of hydroboxes of various modifications, and the prices are quite reasonable.
If you want to buy a shower stall at a low price, but possessing all the additional properties, then feel free to choose the Aqua Joy company, which has put on sale a whole series of showers at the best price. Plumbing of this brand is multifunctional, corresponds to the budget of the average Russian. At the moment, consumers are confidently choosing Aqua Joy plumbing, considering it as the owner of a favorable price and appropriate quality. All hydroboxes have been tested for quality and meet all technical requirements.
By their design they are not inferior to foreign analogues, they have a lot of advantages:
- reasonable price for buyers with different financial situation;
- the opportunity to save on delivery (goods are always available even in stores with a narrow assortment);
- the assembly of such models is adapted to the communications of the Russian Federation.
It is worth mentioning the disadvantages of cheap booths. Quality may be inferior to imported ones, design is usually distinguished by its simple and simple.
Our country has recently occupied the market for the production of shower cabins, but rather confidently seeks to occupy a leading position. The introduction of not only their own innovations, but also borrowed from European countries. Among the manufacturers of quality products, one can also distinguish “Water World”, “Niagara”, “Virgo” and Shower Room .
It is worth adhering to the advice of specialists in the installation and installation of a shower cabin.
- In order for the hydroboxing to serve as long as possible, you should not choose cheap models. You should opt for the best option, then it will delight with its functionality for more than one year. Also, in inexpensive models, sometimes there is no installation instruction, which also plays a big role.
- When installing the pallet, for its most precise adjustment, you should use the longest building level, and then you can cope with this task much faster.
- If there are pipes in the kit with the shower, then before using them, you must definitely check their quality. Most often, low-quality fittings come with low-quality fittings, so you need to buy it separately.
- Self-tapping screws need to be used precisely those that were included in the set of accessories for the hydrobox.
- It is better to take the hoses connecting the communication with the shower room with a margin, in case you need to move the cab to another place. And then you don’t have to dismantle the connections.
- The pallet should be above the entrance to the sewer pipe.
- If the shower cubicle is pre-mounted, then do not tighten the bolts, nuts, as well as other threaded parts. Otherwise, you can ruin the thread.
- So that a few days after installation in the shower box does not appear a specific smell from the sewer, you should choose a siphon with a water lock. After installation, it is worth adjusting its position, then you can avoid discomfort when taking a shower.
- If during the shower you can hear the characteristic creaking of the pallet, it means that it does not withstand body weight and is not set to level. In order to eliminate the deficiency, it is necessary to dismantle the front apron, and then adjust the movable legs of the pallet
See the next video for step-by-step instructions for assembling a shower cabin.