In the process of repairing a home, each person considers various options for interior decoration, tries to select high-quality, durable materials at an affordable price. The modern market presents a huge assortment of shower trays made of various materials. Choosing one or another option, each relies on personal preferences.
The choice of shower
As progress runs at a tremendous pace, so do our preferences change over time. The bathroom, a familiar place for hygienic procedures and relaxation, is replaced by modern showers. This option is provided with a specially designated place for taking a shower in the bathroom. It includes a shower tray, walls and doors. Some models come with a roof on top.
Modern showers are divided into two types.
- Open, prefabricated structures without a roof, where the walls are the walls of the bathroom. A rectangular, semi-circular or square shower tray will be offered below. Doors in such a booth can be replaced with a conventional curtain. This is the cheapest option among all existing ones.
- Closed, which are monoblocks with a roof, are often already equipped with complex household filling, including hydromassage, sauna and other functions.
Manufacturers offer a wide range of pallets and shower cabins made of various materials: tiles, artificial and natural stone and so on. Artificial stone pallets are much stronger than tile products, as well as cheaper options from natural materials. Very often you can find designer models of pallets made of artificial stone at fairly high prices. They are of high quality and durability.
Before you purchase plumbing equipment in the bathroom, you should carefully study its technical characteristics, determine the material, manufacturer and your financial capabilities.
How to choose?
The most popular products made of artificial stone. These models are of high quality and durability. You can purchase completely different products, the desired color and size. For those who are more interested in the financial issue, tiled models are ideal, as they differ in affordable prices. The design of high-quality tile models is quite diverse, but such pallets are less durable than artificial stone products.
Buyers in small cities and towns very often have to order the necessary model of an artificial stone pallet and wait for delivery. It should be added that the delivery price is quite high. Delivery is complicated by the large weight of the product. When choosing a pallet model, you do not need to stop at one outlet, sometimes a product from the same material can be found much cheaper in another place. Therefore, you should be patient if you want to save.
It is necessary to take into account certain difficulties in the installation of the pallet. The shape of the product involves the installation of an additional special foundation. It must meet certain requirements in order to avoid kink and deformation of the pallet. It should be noted that artificial stone products are much stronger and are more resistant to fracture than tile models.
The main distinguishing feature of pallets made of artificial stones are fillers. Aluminum compounds are used as additives for acrylate composites, calcium - for marble.
It is also necessary to take into account the high thermal conductivity of such models. To create comfortable conditions in the shower, it is necessary to additionally install a system of underfloor heating, which is a considerable financial cost and a rather laborious and painstaking process.
For the manufacture of pallets mainly use marble, granite or onyx. The cost of such products is quite high, so not everyone can afford to buy these models.
It should be noted the presence of a large number of positive properties of models of artificial stone.
- Original and stylish appearance of products. Such pallets look attractive after special processing.
- These products have a long service life, which is about twenty-five years.
- The pallets are soundproofed due to the thick walls.
- Such models will ideally fit into the interior of the bathroom with trim in tiles, mosaics or decorative plaster.
Stone pallets have significant advantages over products made of other materials:
- increased resistance to mechanical stress, do not crack;
- original design of products;
- strength and reliability;
- ability to withstand heavy loads;
- for a long time do not lose their original external data;
- easy to sanitize.
The disadvantage of pallets made of artificial stone is the high cost of products.
Shapes and sizes
In the modern market, among a huge range of sanitary equipment, you can find pallets of various shapes and sizes. Anyone will be able to choose a model based on the parameters of the bathroom and shower, which is important when choosing a model for a small room.
Significantly save space will help the angular model of the tray, while you can eliminate the installation of the wall for the shower.
There are several varieties of such products.
- The standard and most common sizes of models vary from seventy to one hundred centimeters. There are also products with sizes up to one hundred and thirty centimeters. Such trays are used for bathrooms with large sizes.
- The most popular are pallets in the shape of a rectangle of various sizes. It should be added that models with small dimensions are convenient and practical.
- For small rooms, radial models are most suitable. They are installed in the corner of the room, have the shape of a fourth part of a circle. Products differ in their original appearance and are quite safe.
- There are pallets with five corners. A side with an angle of ninety degrees is fixed to the wall. Such models of pallets can be used both in small-sized and in large-sized rooms.
Today, unusual models of pallets made of artificial stone are quite popular.
- Semicircle models. Such products are installed with the flat side to the wall, completely unsuitable for use in the corners of the room.
- Products in the shape of a circle. Installation of these models is carried out on the base in the form of a square or rectangle. The shower cubicle can be of different shapes: square, round, rectangular.
- For large shower cabins, oval pallets are very often used.
- Original and stylish models in the form of a polygon are installed in large-sized rooms with an unusual interior.
- Models with asymmetric shapes in the form of various figures are mainly produced on an individual order.
The most common sizes are 130x80 cm and 120x80 cm.
Stone pallets differ in such technical characteristics:
- high-strength, reliable models;
- possess increased resistance to any influences;
- they are distinguished by excellent sound insulation indicators, inaudible even the noise of falling water;
- construction of the frame is not required during installation of the product;
- a huge assortment of different models, different colors and shapes;
- There is a great opportunity to make the necessary model to order according to individual parameters.
It should be noted that products made of artificial stone are durable, very practical and reliable, they can decorate the interior of any bathroom. In order for products to acquire enhanced technical characteristics, manufacturers use various additives and resins for the manufacture of artificial stone pallets. Thanks to these components, the products have excellent resistance to chemical and mechanical influences, and sound insulation indicators increase. The design of pallets is quite diverse. Models are made in various colors and have an original appearance.
The technology for the production of pallets from various materials is almost the same. Various options are made by casting a variety of polymers. Further additional components are added. Then the resulting mixture is poured into special forms and sent to a preheated oven to a certain temperature, which depends on the material. At temperature, certain processes occur. Inside the polymer, various fragments of a solid mineral remain, while the surface takes on a unique look.
The process of installing stone pallets is laborious and painstaking. You should start with the preparation of the premises and all the necessary materials.
- First you need to carefully mark the surface of the floor and walls, as necessary, determine the angle at the walls. Mark out the location of the drain.
- Next, it is necessary to level the surface of the floor and walls depending on the height of the pallet.
- Install the drainage system and siphon. Only after this is the installation of the pallet support.
- If necessary, additional waterproofing is carried out. Cement mortars are applied to the surface of the floor and walls.
- When installing such pallets, a frame is not required. Products have a slight height, so do not fix the plate, just grab it lightly with sealant.
- Next, you need to install a siphon. The siphon is mounted on the surface of the foundation. You can also use a special flexible element that is easy to hide in a niche.
- Then the pallet is installed directly on the foundation. No other elements are required, you just need to set the drain properly.
- Further processing of the pallet is not required, enough sealing.
Choosing the right model for a shower stone tray will significantly transform the interior of the bathroom. Original and stylish design will delight you for many years.
For how to install a shower tray made of artificial stone, see the next video.