Today, the shower is no longer a luxury. Nowadays - this is one of the most popular ways to organize a combined bathroom. The popularity is due to such advantages of the booth as efficiency and practicality. But if washing the bath is not difficult, then washing the shower room requires a lot of effort. Certain skills are needed here. Individual parts of the cab are made of various materials. It can be glass, plastic, chrome steel, stainless steel, acrylic.
Do not forget about the tiles. Each material requires a separate choice of cleaning agent. How to get rid of limescale and maintain the original appearance of the shower cubicle will be discussed in this article.
The subtleties of the process
Limescale is a mixture of calcium and iron salts that periodically appears on the surfaces of a shower stall after the water has dried. The muddy film, spoiling the appearance, and give the remnants of cleaning and washing compounds. Washing a shower cabin is not an easy process, as it has a rather complicated structural solution. Every part of it - walls, door, handles, tray, shower heads - must be cleaned regularly.
This must be done not only in order to improve the appearance of the plumbing device, but also in order to use it was safe for health.
It is necessary to get rid of the salt residue competently. What are the best ways to clean limescale to preserve the beauty of modern materials, this issue is often quite difficult for many. But do not be scared. Today, there are many options for cleaning products and detergents to combat this problem. It is only necessary to subject each of them to careful study. Only then can you start cleaning.
There are three types of care for a shower device.
- Current. It is carried out after each shower. It consists in rinsing the inner surfaces first with hot and then with cold water, then thoroughly wiping them.
- Main. The regularity of execution varies from 1 week to 1 month. Includes cleaning with detergents, rinsing and wiping dry.
- Intensive. It is carried out with the help of potent chemicals in the event of prolonged shutdown of the cab without use or with a long-standing plaque.
Without proper regular care of the shower, it will become more and more difficult to clean it every time. And at some point you will realize that it is not possible to remove all the pollution.
As a result, the washing of this plumbing design must be approached with all responsibility. Cleaning should be systematic and thorough. Only then will the shower cabin delight you with its impeccable appearance and high level of performance.
Remember that showers may vary. Some models have plastic walls, while others are made of glass. And also there are designs that simply attach to the walls of the bathroom. First of all, you should decide what type of shower cabin you have and the surfaces of which materials will need to be cleaned. The choice of cleaning products will largely depend on this.
In addition, do not forget that the warmth and dampness of the bathroom are ideal conditions for the appearance of mold. And black mold is not only not aesthetically pleasing - it poses a real health hazard. As preventive measures, careful maintenance of order and periodic ventilation are suitable.
Consider the approximate procedure for cleaning the shower device:
- we remove bath accessories;
- wet all surfaces with water;
- we apply the selected household chemicals, wait for the required time;
- remove water with a soft scraper;
- wipe all the elements dry with a cloth;
- we process all the details with a glass cleaner to add shine.
There is a direct link between the appearance of plaque and water quality. Therefore, sometimes the fight against salt deposits is simply impossible. Lime sludge accumulates and contaminates the handles, door, walls, and pan. The shower must be cleaned regularly. To do this, you can use a soft rubber or silicone scraper, sponges, microfiber cloths. Do not forget about such a measure of protection as gloves.
To clean glass surfaces, you need to use special cleaning compounds that are easy to buy at any hardware store. Before use, be sure to carefully study the attached instructions.
With mold, agents that contain chlorine or hydrogen peroxide can do a good job. Such compositions must be applied to the surface to be cleaned by spraying, withstand the required time and rinse off. Then everything must be thoroughly wiped.
The tray and walls of the shower cubicle are washed with cleaning acid-containing compounds corresponding to the material of the treated surface. The choice of such tools requires a responsible approach - an error can lead to damage to the appearance.
In addition, individual intolerance to specific components and the possible risk of allergies should be considered.
How to clean?
To figure out how to clean the shower stall, you first need to understand for yourself that this is a complex multi-component design. Its elements can be made of a variety of materials. Therefore, to wash this plumbing device, it is appropriate to use different cleaning compounds - each for the corresponding surface.
Below we will deal with the materials involved in the manufacture of a shower cabin.
- Walls and doors are usually made of glass or plastic. And also they can be made of polystyrene sheets.
- Pallets are acrylic, marble, ceramic, metal. Models with an artificial stone pallet are also available.
- Frames and guides are made of aluminum. Moreover, the metal is laminated or painted.
- For shower heads and taps, chrome steel is used. The shower tube can also be equipped with a braid of similar metal.
Cleaning the booth should not be started - immediately after you take a shower, rinse the contaminated surfaces. And first use hot water, and then cold. So you reduce the risk of condensation, and it is precisely this that is one of the causes of mold.
Any ordinary dishwashing detergent can easily cope with a cloudy film and weak traces of limescale. But you can also consult with sellers of hardware stores, the better to clean the shower after each shower.
Today, there are a variety of sprays and detergents on sale , specially designed for cleaning glass, plastic and tile surfaces from limescale. To clean the booth of lime film, just apply a cleaning composition. For greater effectiveness, you can wait a bit. Then you need to rinse everything with water and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
In case of serious contamination, a sponge or scraper may be used. The latter should be made of plastic or silicone. The use of a metal scraper is not acceptable as it will leave scratches.
Consider home options for dealing with limescale.
Tile and ceramic tile
Here, ordinary six percent vinegar is suitable. It is advisable to pour it into the spray gun - it will be more convenient to use. To get rid of the lime, we spray the solution into the contaminated places, wait 15 minutes, then wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
Citric acid also copes well with plaque. Its main advantage is harmlessness - its use does not harm the material. A little citric acid powder should be poured onto a sponge and gently rub the lime deposits. Wash everything off thoroughly at the end.
Any aggressive formulations are contraindicated here. Here is one way to deal with plaque: mix two bags of citric acid with 1 liter of water. The resulting mixture is applied to problem areas of the shower and wait a third of an hour. After going through the mixture again. We rinse everything with water and carefully wipe so that there are no stains.
Another option is to use oxalic acid. It must be diluted with water in proportions of 5 to 1. After application to a contaminated surface, it is necessary to withstand 20 minutes. Then you need to thoroughly wipe the problem area, then repeat the procedure using a solution of ammonia, wait 10 minutes. and rinse with clean water.
Not bad copes with a limy film and "Whiteness". It should be applied to places with a coating and stand for 4 hours. Then gently rinse the treated surface, thoroughly wipe with microfiber and finally go through a glass cleaner.
Another remedy is hydrogen peroxide. We take 30 ml of water, 90 ml of peroxide and 60 g of gelatin, mix and wait 15 minutes. (gelatin should swell). We apply a thick layer of the mixture to the contaminated areas and leave it overnight. In the morning you need to walk with a sponge and rinse with water.
- Washing and wiping the shower cabin requires accuracy. To avoid damage to surfaces, it is advisable to use microfiber or any other soft tissue.
- To thoroughly clean the shower, select a certain time. For example, once every two weeks. Try not to start cleaning and raid systematically.
- Start washing the shower cabin from its walls. The second in line is tile (if the shower structure is attached to the walls of the bathroom). Then you can start cleaning taps, handles, shower heads. We remove the pallet last.
- Make it a rule to clean up the sprays of toothpaste, shampoo or gel immediately after completing the shower procedures. This will greatly facilitate subsequent cleaning.
- Remember, cleaning painted surfaces requires special care and caution. To wash the structure, do not use any abrasive compounds in this case - there may be scratches.
- Soda for cleaning plastic surfaces should be used with great care in order to avoid damage to them.
- To wash the walls of glass, you can use the usual window cleaner and a special scraper, one side of which is an elastic band and the other is a sponge. You can use folk remedies that will help to quickly wash the structure.
- After each cleaning, be sure to walk on all surfaces with a non-woven rag to get rid of soapy stains - there should be no moisture on them. This is a kind of prevention of the appearance of calcareous pollution.
- Do not leave the door to the shower tightly closed. Excessive moisture can cause mold. Ventilate your bath room regularly.
How to wash the shower cabin from limescale, see the next video.