Computers have long been a part of our lives. Now every second inhabitant of the planet spends most of his time in his company. We work at a computer, study, communicate, play, watch movies. Therefore, you should equip a comfortable workplace so that all the necessary devices and documents are at hand. The best solution to this problem is to purchase a computer desk with a rack.
A similar design can be done both with your own hands and ordered in any furniture workshop.
And yet, most often we go shopping at the store. Of course, corner models are preferable. They are most often praised for their convenience and spaciousness. By installing the rack, you will receive additional space for storing the necessary documents, books and equipment.
Where to put?
Before choosing a table model, you should decide on the place where you put it.
For this, it is necessary to take into account several points that may affect the location of the structure:
- The table must be positioned so that at least one outlet is nearby.
- No need to place equipment near batteries and radiators. You just ruin your computer.
- It is worth putting the table in relation to the windows. The best position at the computer is sideways to the window.
- The furniture structure should not block the entrance openings and prevent a person from moving freely around the room or office. It is recommended to put a computer table with a shelf in a corner to a free wall.
When choosing a space, you need to provide the opportunity to both sit down freely at the workplace and leave it. Do not forget about the place for a chair or armchair. For him, usually leave at least one meter.
The main advantages of the design:
- Unlike the classical model, the working surface of the catch table is many times larger. The computer is located in the designated place, thereby the rest of the countertop remains at your complete disposal. Nothing will prevent you from doing other useful things for your work;
- All shelves are located at arm's length, so any necessary notebook or book can be reached without getting up;
- Due to the fact that a recess is present in the structure, it is possible to position the monitor so as to provide the necessary distance that is safe for the user's eyes;
- The necessary documents and devices are nearby, you do not need to get up again from the workplace;
- The table allows you to maximize the use of the room, taking up a modest space in the corner.
The main advantage of acquiring a corner table with a rack is a lot of different-sized compartments, shelves and cabinets. You can put a scanner on them, put folders with papers, books, magazines and other items.
Corner computer tables have their drawbacks:
- The model can only be put in a corner. When placed in another place, it will look ugly and take up extra space in the room;
- The table does not transform, the countertop is not adjustable. So, it will not work out to adjust to the growth of the child;
- At this table it is unlikely to be able to have dinner, because it can lead to a quick spoilage of the decorative coating;
- The user almost always sits with his back to others;
- The cost of this design is much higher than the price of a classic model;
- Furniture takes up a decent amount of space;
- The table is inconvenient to rearrange from place to place in case of repair.
If you approach the choice of design frivolously, then in the future your workplace can cause many diseases.
To avoid this, you must adhere to the standard sizes by which you should choose a computer table:
- The width of the countertop should be such that the distance between the face and the computer screen is at least a meter.
- For comfortable use of the table, it should not be too deep.
- The height of the countertop depends on the height of the owner of the furniture. For adults, it should be from 75 cm and above. For schoolchildren and adolescents, most often they buy a table with a height of 60 cm, but they are rarely adapted for computers, they are suitable only for writing;
- The depth of the countertop can vary from 45 cm to 75 cm. The surface with a depth of 60 cm is considered the most convenient. It allows you to move the monitor to a safe distance;
- The width of the sides of the corner computer table with the rack can be of any size, it all depends on the capabilities of the room.
Particular attention should be paid to the rack, namely its height. Some people like it when it's maximum, then you can place many shelves of different sizes and store a lot of things on them. However, this is not very convenient, since getting a thing from the upper shelves every time is a problem for many. Therefore, in most cases, racks make a standard height, calculated on the average height of a person.
If you follow all the recommendations and tips, then the corner table will fit perfectly into any office or apartment. And most importantly, you will have a comfortable and cozy workplace.
In the next video, you can see other models of corner computer tables.