A shower enclosure without a tray is a lightweight version of the shower. Such designs are characterized by minimalistic design, elegance of forms and practicality. They are rapidly gaining popularity among designers, hotel owners, owners of houses and apartments. Currently, an increasing number of people are abandoning bulky bathtubs and electronically-equipped showers, preferring the lightness and aesthetics of corners without a pallet.
The demand for lightweight shower boxes is due to their many advantages.
- The compactness of the cabins makes it possible to equip a full-fledged shower in small-sized bathrooms and hotel rooms. The minimum size of the cabin, designed for comfortable accommodation of one person, is 80x80 cm.
- Elegant appearance. Cabins are made in a minimalist style and fit perfectly into the interior of modern bathrooms. Widespread installation of such showers in the bedrooms. A transparent and effective design is able to emphasize the style of the space, visually enlarge the room and make the stay in the room as comfortable as possible.
- The simplicity of the design, the lack of complex devices, pedestals, thresholds and sides is suitable for people with disabilities and children. Older people can also use boxing without the help of anyone else.
- Quick and easy care. You do not have to regularly clean the acrylic or steel pan with cleaning products. Also, unlike traditional shower cabins, such designs do not require thorough cleaning of numerous devices and mechanisms. It is enough to control the cleanliness of the walls, shower head and floor.
- Saving money. Installing a shower without a pallet is much cheaper than purchasing a multi-function cabin.
- Wide scope. Boxing can be installed in an apartment, cottage, cottage, sports complex, hotel room or pool.
- Installation of a lightweight box does not require redevelopment of the bathroom and can be done independently. The design is placed in any free place. For a small room, the installation of an angular model will be an excellent solution, and in large spaces stylish options with three transparent walls look great.
The disadvantages of such designs include the lack of additional features that are equipped with traditional showers (hydraulic and acupuncture massage, Turkish bath effect, the ability to listen to music and control phone calls). The disadvantages are the complexity of the installation, and the need for strict observance of the rules of installation and the formation of waterproofing. If the floor tiles are not laid correctly, puddles will form on the cab floor, and the presence of tile slots will lead to a violation of the structural tightness and increase the risk of flooding of neighbors from below.
Also a minus is the need to install a siphon, which prevents the appearance of an unpleasant odor from the sewer. In addition, if the drain is blocked, water will accumulate on the floor, and in the absence of a threshold, it can even spill around the room.
Device: Pros and Cons
A shower cabin without a pallet is represented by a structure without a ceiling, consisting of transparent or dull walls, a door with a swing or sliding mechanism and a ceramic tile floor. The walls are made of organic glass, on which drops of water leave no residue. This is a definite plus and allows you to maintain the attractiveness of the cabin, regardless of the regularity of cleaning. Along with glass partitions, the structure can be formed using double plastic panels or glass blocks with LED bulbs placed between the layers. Such a box will become a key element in the design of the bathroom, emphasizing its modern style.
The floor of the cabin is made of ceramic tiles or mosaics. A prerequisite is an anti-slip surface. Often a “warm floor” system is installed in the screed, providing a more comfortable stay in the cabin. Under a decorative ceramic coating there is a water drainage system, which is called the "drain ladder". It is he who provides the collection and subsequent drainage of water into the sewage system. Below is a cement screed, as well as waterproofing and heat-saving materials.
The disadvantage of such structures is the complexity of installation in apartment buildings. The location of the drain hole on the same level with the floor requires placement of the drainage system inside the screed. For the proper installation of waterproofing and compliance with all the rules for the formation of the ladder, it is necessary to create a recess in the floor of 10-15 centimeters. This process can cause additional costs and significantly increase the installation time of the cabin.
If the placement of the boxing takes place in a new building, then no problems arise , but if the installation is done in the "secondary" housing, you have to remove all the decorative flooring of the bathroom and completely dismantle the floor screed in the area of the future location of the shower. Dismantling the floor cladding is not enough. It is necessary to remove the finish from the adjacent walls. This is necessary in order to apply a waterproofing coating and protect the walls from the damaging effects of moisture.
Size and shape
The dimensions of the shower cubicle without a pallet are chosen by the owner of the premises independently. A size of 100x100 cm is considered optimal. For small-sized rooms, square options of 90x90 and 80x90 cm are quite suitable. Such models can be installed in a corner. They do not take up much space and do not conceal space due to the transparent design. Owners of spacious rooms can afford to install a rectangular cabin measuring 100x90 or 120x90 cm. Such models look very impressive and can adequately complement the interior of a bedroom or bathroom.
The absence of a pallet, and, as a consequence, the need for orientation on its dimensions, allows you to independently choose the dimensions and configuration of the cabin. This makes it possible to optimally use the space and successfully fit the box even into a complex architectural composition.
Selection of fences and gangways
The walls of the cab are made of tempered glass and plastic. When choosing, it should be noted that the plastic structures are wear-resistant, have a low weight and low cost. Glass is no less in demand when installing showers. The material can have a transparent, matte and combined design. Original look tinted, iridescent and color models. Instead of doors, PVC curtains are sometimes used, which reliably protect the bathroom from splashes and can easily be replaced with products with a different pattern or pattern.
The choice of a ladder should be approached with particular care. From the reliability of its functioning depends on the drainage of water and the convenience of using a shower box. Plastic ladders are especially popular. They are highly resistant to aggressive environments and high loads. Plastic models are lightweight, easy to install and equipped with a siphon to prevent odors from draining into the room. To install shower cabins at the enterprises, cast-iron ladders are used, and stainless steel products are used for rooms to which special sanitary requirements are imposed (pools, hotels and gyms).
At the place of water drainage, horizontal, vertical and wall ladders are distinguished. Trap trays are distinguished by the highest throughput. They are able to discharge up to 40 l / min, while the rest of the species - from 8 to 15 liters. This is due to the shape of the tray and its length reaching 120 cm.
The shape of the ladders are pentagonal, round and square.
Features of installation work
The main task when installing the cab is the correct formation of the angle of inclination of the floor and competent waterproofing. If these conditions are not observed, flooding of the lower floors and a short circuit in the "warm floor" system are possible.
The base of the floor should include:
- concrete layer;
- a layer of concrete coated with polymer-cement mastic;
- ruberoid, with edges extending to the wall 25 cm;
- concrete layer.
Only with strict observance of the installation technology you will be able to create a comfortable and safe shower room, which will become the main element in the design of the bathroom.
You will learn how to choose the right ladder from the next video.