If you are a happy owner of a "Khrushchev" or other small-sized apartment, but want to take a shower with maximum comfort, then pay attention to modern showers. They are optimal precisely for small premises, and allow you to use every square centimeter of usable space.
Today on the market there are many manufacturing companies offering similar products. Among them, you can highlight the Finnish trademark Timo, offering showers for every taste and budget. Our article is dedicated to the products of this world famous brand.
Unfortunately, every day there are more and more fakes for products of popular manufacturers. And Timo was touched by this unpleasant trend. Since the trademark from Finland is very popular in the world, scammers decided to profit from her name. In order not to fall for their trick, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the documents for the shower before buying. They should contain information about the official supplier or dealer of the company.
Not so long ago, Timo opened production facilities in China, due to which trade turnover increased significantly, and the price of cabins decreased. However, this fact in no way affected the quality of the products.
One of the main advantages of the company can be called the use of reinforced acrylic as a material for pallets of showers.
Other companies most often use less quality ABS plastic. This fact indicates Timo's respect for its customers.
Not everyone knows that ABS plastic can be hazardous to human health, as it can release formaldehyde during operation. Because of this, it is not recommended for use in the manufacture of pallets. Reinforced acrylic is safe and attractive.
The aluminum part of the profile is made without coating with coloring materials, its design is T-shaped. Due to this, the necessary indicators of stability and rigidity of the shower cabin are achieved. The design is conveniently installed on any area, including the smallest bathroom.
Timo uses 5 mm thick glass for its showers. It compares favorably with plexiglass or plastic with its strength and simplified care process. During operation, its original characteristics do not change. This is due to the fact that glass has shockproof properties due to tempering carried out in the production process. It is difficult to break it, and if this happened, it breaks up into fragments that exclude the possibility of injury.
The rollers for the chassis of the cab are made on a metal basis, since the plastic counterparts are not reliable. And yet this feature allows for smooth opening or closing without a lot of noise: double versions of rollers are offered to all profiles, which also favorably distinguishes products of the Finnish company.
For any cabin, a single lever mixer with many useful operating modes is offered. In the area of the ceiling, a very comfortable watering can is installed like a rain shower. This technology uses the power of air and creates large drops of water, and those, in turn, gently interact with human skin.
All models of showers from Timo have a high-quality hydromassage system.
This applies even to cabins belonging to the economy class category. For an additional fee, the installation of a steam generator is offered for any product, providing maximum comfort during showering.
The visual appeal of Timo products is also up to the mark, as professional and very experienced professionals are involved in the design. Most of the models are made with a rear wall mirror type. The forms and unique elements characteristic of the products of this brand are easily recognizable among analogues from other manufacturers.
Advantages and disadvantages
Timo showers have a number of advantages.
- Excellent ratio of cost and proposed performance.
- The presence of a high-quality hydromassage system in almost all models.
- The use of an acrylic pallet, for a long time providing snow-white painting of surfaces without the release of toxic chemical compounds.
- For the manufacture of walls and doors for all models, tempered glass is used, which has impact-resistant characteristics - it is very difficult to break it.
- Pleasant to the eye, stylish and modern design.
- Possibility of equipping with additional functions, for example, a steam generator or a radio.
- Wide functional shower head kit.
- Clear and simple instructions for installing any product. It clearly describes the sequence of connecting pipes for water supply and its discharge.
Many customers who have been using showers of this brand for several years, pay attention to some of the shortcomings of their products. These include:
- insufficient tightness of doors in economy class models;
- the need to lubricate all elements with sealant during the assembly process of the design of the shower stall;
- the need to clean the drain after each use of the product;
- low quality of models assembled in Russia;
- cab height too high.
Timo manufacturing company offers about 170 items of various shower stalls. Buyers often prefer angular or semicircular models, as they are characterized by increased ergonomics. Various sector versions, with a size of approximately 80x80 cm, are excellent for Khrushchevs - they save space, even if it is quite sufficient.
- We are talking about the product Timo T-1180, equipped with a hydromassage function, radio, touch control. For the price, this configuration is considered the cheapest among all the analogues of the manufacturer's extensive assortment.
- Models with a slightly larger size can be used for more or less spacious bathrooms. Options Timo T-1102 has dimensions of 120x85 cm and offers an expanded set of features. Its pallet is installed at a height of 15 cm, which facilitates the operation process.
- The BT-549 and BY-839 are uniquely designed.
- Armo, Puro and Elta sets with a large glazing area should be placed in a separate category.
- In the assortment line one can also find unusual models offering a traditional “bathtub” replacing the pallet. The complete set of T-1140 - just from this number, it is created on the basis of a bathtub 140 cm long. And at T-1170 the length reached 170 cm. These versions are completely closed by means of glass. In size, they are not suitable for all bathrooms, but are still in demand.
- Naturally, choosing a suitable cabin comes down to personal preferences and the size of the bathroom. People with disabilities due to age, disability, various diseases usually prefer low pallets because of the ease of use of the product. For this category of users, Timo offers particularly comfortable showers. Among them are the models Nura and Helka.
Usually, the process of installing a shower cabin is characterized by increased complexity and you have to pay a specialist for this work. However, Timo products can be installed independently and save money on this.
What is required for self-installation?
A small set of tools and materials, as well as care and a little time.
It will be necessary to use:
- wrenches of the right size;
- silicone based sealant;
- flexible version of a hose;
- branch pipe of cranked type.
The main stages of assembly
There are a lot of them and you will have to be patient during the installation process. Consider the workflow in more detail.
- A water outlet must be provided a short distance from the main drain. To check the evenness of the floor level is used.
- A flexible hose is connected to the nozzle; for this, a sealant is required. It is necessary to wait time for it to completely dry.
- Then the flexible hose is mounted with a siphon from the pan. And this connection must be strengthened with sealant.
- It's time to mount the pipe to the sewer channel using a pipe specially provided for this.
- Next, proceed to install the pallet itself. A wrench is useful for adjusting the height of the legs. Check the horizontal position of the structure will help the construction level.
- Now the pallet is connected to the wall, and the butt cavities are filled with a large amount of sealant.
- The framework is checked for compatibility with the pallet. If everything is in order, then you can install the booth.
- Going to the metal base of the cab. The bolts do not immediately tighten strongly, since it is necessary to check the correct location of the structural joints. The level will help to check the vertical installation of the cabin.
- Both racks are pushed back, with a drill, holes are drilled to secure them. Joints are covered with sealant.
- Then the racks themselves are secured with dowels and plastic screws. If necessary, excess silicone is removed.
- Side walls are installed.
- Doors are being installed.
For the most comfortable use, the company offers showers with a remote control. Such models are especially popular today. The products of this brand receive a lot of positive feedback from customers who use showers of various modifications.
Most often, consumers emphasize the impeccable performance of the cabins, their attractive appearance, ease of use, high quality and ease of maintenance.
In the video below you can see an overview of the Timo TL-7790 shower.