It is impossible for a modern person to imagine his life without a computer. This is a kind of window into the world for people of all ages. Specialists of any profile will find professional advice and associates here. Entertainment, work, hobbies - all this can be found on the Internet without leaving home.
It turns out that a person spends a lot of time at the computer. It is important that the user is comfortable and comfortable. Without specialized furniture in this process can not do. A good option to ensure the work process can be a special corner table for a computer with add-ons.
An add-on is called an additional structure to the table. It can be a shelf, cabinet, cabinet. These elements are provided by the design of the table, fixed to it permanently. This equipment is very convenient and suitable for schoolchildren and students, specialists of different profiles will be able to place documentation and reference books on the additional design. On shelves you can place a printer, scanner and stationery.
Corner computer tables today are presented in several forms:
- Table for the student. On such tables a zone is provided for the performance of lessons. The space is divided into two parts - for writing and for working on a PC. Even a first-grader now has a computer, so when choosing a student kit, you must provide that the child is as distracted as possible from his electronic friend. The add-in in this case can serve as a table divider into independent and isolated from each other parts.
This can be an option with two worktops separated by a pencil case or shelves. The corner option for this purpose is almost perfect. The completion of the composition will be a swivel chair, then you can safely turn from one zone to another.
- Table with curved worktop. If space is limited, then the add-on can act as a stand for the monitor, the countertop in this embodiment assumes a curved outer part, and a special roll-out stand is provided for the keyboard. Textbooks, notebooks and stationery are laid out in bedside tables or drawers under the countertop. This table is spacious, but takes up little space. It is enough to select for him one of the corners of the room.
- Desk with add-in for PC. For a child and an adult who has to do a lot of writing work in combination with working on a PC, a desk type of the classic corner option is suitable, but with an additional design in the form of an angular pencil case or shelves located at an angle to the countertop. The keyboard stand in this embodiment is also retractable, which saves space on the table plane.
- Corner tables with lower superstructures. This option is considered easier. A table with pedestals is more suitable for respectable and advanced users. In shape, it resembles the letter "P". In fact, this is a classic table for work, and the corners and additional elements allow you to safely place a laptop or monitor on it.
A special shelf is provided for the system unit (they usually place it in the corner compartment so that it can be conveniently placed on the legs). Such a table is placed in the center of the room, which gives solidity to the room and confidence to the user.
Young people prefer angular models of small sizes. Their purpose is to work on a PC. It is especially convenient to place a laptop on them. The presence of additional elements is minimized.
Most often, the add-on is represented by an open top shelf, a block for various little things - napkins, pens, flash drives. An optional bottom add-in is for paper, miscellaneous wires, and similar attributes.
Summing up, it should be noted that the corner table is an economical option in terms of space conservation. There are few options for tables with angular shapes, but add-ons allow you to add variety to the design. In the corner part it is more convenient to place a monitor. In this case, the countertop perfectly functions as a writing area, there will be enough space. The upper elements are built above the writing area, the pencil case and curbstones are more convenient to install on the sides.
How to choose a place?
Before making a choice of a table for a computer, you need to inspect the room and choose the most suitable place for it. A table is bought for a specific purpose for a specific user. Therefore, you need to choose a place taking into account the purpose of the table.
From the purpose for which the table will be used, choose the size of the countertop. An approximate location must be chosen so that you can use natural light in the daytime. And also provide the right option for artificial lighting. If it is not possible to install stationary lighting, then the superstructure is chosen so that it can be attached to it with a lighting fixture on a clothespin.
When determining the place for the table, you need to consider the following point: add-ons should not block the flow of light. And the direction of the light beam must be left. With limited space, you should also consider the option of furniture configuration, in which case the superstructures are optimal under the countertop or directly above it:
- if one table top of the corner is much longer, then this option will be “one-sided” - when rearranging it will not be possible to rearrange the corner table, since the long side should be along the wall;
- the upper superstructures can only be located along the walls, and the lower ones can even be placed by the window;
- interesting and economical combination at the window with shelves or pencil cases in the walls.
Manufacturers offer different combinations of material and color schemes, so PC furniture can be selected taking into account the characteristics of the interior.
Sizes and shapes
A variety of models allows you to choose the most suitable option. In the cabin, you can see the model in the assembly, get acquainted with the dimensions and make a conclusion about whether the model is suitable for the room.
People have a different physique, weight, so you need to choose a model in accordance with the composition of the future user:
- in the cabin you can sit down at the table and make sure that the workplace is convenient and comfortable, hands and elbows do not hang down, and the writing area is sufficient (for children about 60 cm, for adults about 80 cm wide);
- the height of the countertop should correspond to the area of the solar plexus;
- the distance from the eyes to the monitor can not be more than 70 cm;
- in the presence of office equipment, you should choose the configuration of the add-in with places for the printer and scanner;
- the space provided for by the design for placing the system unit will allow it to be installed in a certain area;
- transforming tables can be a good option for a small room.
Color variation should be consistent with the design. Shades of natural wood are especially relevant.
- Extreme sportsmen can choose bright colors; interesting solutions for combining two colors are offered. For example, yellow and bright blue, red-white gamma, a combination of black and white. The option of combining bright color and a mosaic pattern from pieces of wood will look extravagant.
- For school-age children, experiments with color palettes are not necessary; a bright color will distract attention and irritate the psyche of children.
- Tables with open add-ons in terms of design decisions are more interesting. If they are decorated with appropriate elements, they will give the interior an individuality.
- The classic design of the corner table is a combination of white gloss with inserts imitating patterns of wood of different species.
- In terms of sales, the leading position is occupied by the classic wenge, the second position is bleached oak. Combinations of these two shades that look very stylish are in demand.
- Loft style in the interior involves shades of metallic. Such a table makes the interior modern and youth.
The corner table for personal computers and laptops is one of the most functional items of work furniture. The angular option allows you to save space, visually expands the room, provides comfort during work. When planning to purchase a table for working on a PC, you should pay attention to the corner option - it is more spacious, more interesting in design, compact. This is an ideal choice for a modest room.
A computer corner table with a superstructure, as well as with drawers, will help you save space in the room. You can also choose a design with a half-angled superstructure, which is not only functional, but also looks aesthetically pleasing.
See even more varieties of corner computer desks in the next video.