A computer desk is a platform for placing equipment and organizing a convenient workplace for you at home and in the office. Do not forget that such a furniture element will not "live" in splendid isolation, and, therefore, it must correspond to the surrounding interior of the room where it is "settled". In this case, you should definitely think about a suitable color for your computer desk.
The color scheme of wood
To create a computer table, like any other furniture, various types of wood are often used. Therefore, shades of natural wood are one of the most popular in the design of these products.
The name of the shade comes from a rare species of tropical wenge tree. The palette of this color is saturated, the products are presented in various shades: from milk cream to dark coffee with black stripes on the texture. But all of them have an unusual noble texture and a unique wood pattern.
A wenge computer desk is perfect for any classic or modern style. The main feature of the color is the ability to “muffle” oneself too bright shades, which makes the interior calmer. Not for nothing that psychologists recommend wenge products for the organization of the workspace.
Dark shades of wood symbolize intelligence, performance, logic, help to focus on tasks. Light colors make it possible to concentrate and not be distracted by minor things.
Wenge successfully harmonizes with pastel shades, metal, glass. This color is relevant for the computer desk of the manager of a large company or the office of a residential apartment. He, without undue pretentiousness, will emphasize the high status and financial situation of the owner.
Solid white furniture is the most expensive. Bleached oak is in high demand among consumers; designers like to use it for their interiors. The matte embossed surface of the natural material looks luxurious in a room of any shape and size.
The advantages of this option, experts include durability, environmental friendliness and attractive appearance of finished products. Oak has a pleasant smell that fills the space.
The noble breed is represented in a wide range of shades: from pearly pink to silver-gray, specially aged. It can be both cold (have light notes of blue and purple), and warm (peach and light beige). Thanks to the many faces of bleached wood, any owner can choose "their" product, which will succinctly fit into an existing interior.
Computer tables in the color of bleached oak give the room airiness and cleanliness. Even large-scale structures with integrated storage systems look easy and relaxed thanks to light wood. In small apartments with insufficient lighting, such furniture is indispensable.
You can refine your personal account, home library or workplace of a schoolboy with the help of computer desks in shades of ashimo shimo. The warm palette of this breed looks like the color of coffee with milk. A notable feature of the shade is the presence of regular carved stripes in the texture.
In contrast to the warm gamut, there is a dark ash shimo. Unique furniture is associated with a touch of dark chocolate. Such computer tables will become an adornment of any workspace.
Saturated colors are less commonly used in furniture design. They are usually used for small models in combination with neutral shades: gray, white, occasionally black:
- The red color , at first glance, is too expressive for computer desks. Wooden surfaces are rarely painted in this tone, it is more often used in MDF or chipboard models for finishing the facades of drawers and shelves. Red plastic in trendy gamer models is more in demand. It conveys color saturation while remaining matte. Transparent glass shades of red is relevant for a small compact product. A tandem of red with gray or black softens its activity, but it always looks spectacular.
All shades from scarlet to coral are often used for stylistic accents - highlight the edge, the pattern on the sidewall, emphasize the facades of the product.
- Orange today surpasses the previous color in popularity. It has a positive effect on the psyche, is a stimulating shade that inspires interaction and communication, and tunes in intellectual activity. Orange is close to nature, is one of the warmest and life-affirming colors. It is associated with wood texture, but plastic orange coatings are also found.
The sunny hue is in perfect harmony with gray and black in any combination. Often used to accent the interior.
- Green is the least used in furniture. The natural shade has a relaxing effect on the psyche, which is not always appropriate in the work area. Herbal color is more common in combination with MDF or particleboard, a duet with plastic products is a rare occurrence.
- Purple, lilac and purple shades are noble and mysterious. The models of these spectra emphasize the delicate taste of the owner, his love for philosophical reflection and solitude. These exotic colors are infrequent guests in the interior. Psychologists say that the violet spectrum is too heavy, it irritates the nervous system and depresses the person. To use it in the interior you need to approach very carefully.
- Shades of blue and blue are more in demand among the modern consumer. The palette of these colors is concisely combined with gray and white, which makes the furniture less voluminous. The spectrum of sky blue is used to design large-scale furniture consoles, combined with storage systems: cabinets, shelving.
A glossy desk can be considered a self-contained piece of furniture. It visually adds space and light to the room, it is not surprising that the demand for products with a reflective surface is constantly growing.
The versatility of computer tables with gloss is impressive. The furniture industry offers models with countertops and supports of various shapes and sizes. The consumer is given the opportunity to choose a thing for every taste for any interior. For classics, models of a standard rectangular shape, with a minimum of details, in calm coffee shades will be appropriate. Such a computer desk will perfectly complement a separate office or home library, suitable for arranging a student’s workplace.
Modern technological projects allow the use of bright plastic products of unusual designs. Such tables will appeal to creative people: designers, artists, bloggers. In small apartments, the workplace can be decorated with a compact corner table of a light spectrum with a pair of drawers.
Black and white models will fit perfectly into the style of minimalism, high-tech. Silver-gray products are no less interesting; such furniture looks spectacular in any room. Silver gloss looks technologically advanced, corresponds to modern trends and goes well with black computer equipment, which appeals to the younger generation.
Combination with the style of the interior
Sometimes, the style of the room itself dictates the shade of a computer table:
- Models made of natural wood in a dark shade are suitable for classic design . Such desks are combined with any accessories and interior items.
- Art Nouveau is characterized by laconic forms and simple design. A computer table in this style can be made in muted smoky colors. A product with a flickering effect will be very welcome.
- Minimalism is rigor and functionality, furniture items must fulfill their purpose in the interior and not overload the space with unnecessary details. There are no specific requirements for the shades of the tables, so designers often experiment using the most unexpected color solutions.
How to choose?
If we talk about fashion trends, then today the trend is furniture objects that combine two colors: white and aristocratic black. Undoubtedly, the unity of two opposites is both beautiful and ultramodern, but you should not be guided only by these characteristics when choosing a computer table.
If you choose the color scheme based on the wishes of your eyes, you should take into account the moment of possible contrast between the table and the bright screen or the table and the color of the keyboard (although everyone knows the ergonomics of a white keyboard with black icons). But you can approach the choice of table color from the point of view of practicality: dust likes to stand out against a black background.
There is another option: be guided by your own feelings and preferences, as well as the shades of your existing furniture set and interior.
How to choose a computer desk, see the next video.