Hybrids of lilies of Asian origin can often be found in areas of Russian gardeners. This species attracts their attention with its amazing color and unpretentiousness to growing conditions. Before you start planting Asian terry lilies, you should study the features of the varieties in more detail.
The culture is a hybrid obtained by crossing Asian varieties. These flowers adapt well to Russian harsh conditions. Depending on the variety, their petals have a different color, and there are even varieties that include several shades. Terry lilies are distinguished by large buds. One stem can contain up to 30 flowers. Despite their sophisticated appearance, these plants have no aroma. But they are resistant to frost up to -40 degrees and do not impose strict requirements on the soil.
This variety can be grown in one place without transplanting for 3-4 years. Landing is carried out in early or mid-September or in spring, in late April - May. When the buds bloom, you need to remove them with the ovary. In September, when the leaves begin to turn yellow, the stem should be pruned at the soil level.
In the first season, the plant may either not bloom at all in a new place, or produce a fairly simple flower.
Get to know the most popular varieties of the presented culture.
- "Fata Morgana". The petals of this flower are lemon yellow with dark red spots. The flowers are cup-shaped, directed upwards, there are no anthers. One stalk includes 7–9 flowers; occasionally, up to 20 pieces can be observed on one stalk.
- "Elodie . " It has large flowers with a diameter of up to 18 cm. Petals are painted in a delicate pink color with dark dots and have a nice wavy edge. Flowers look up and to the side. Up to 7 flowers usually appear on the stem. The plant extends to a height of up to 100 cm. There is no pollen.
- "Aphrodite". This flower boasts monophonic pink petals without spots and stains. The bush grows 50 cm wide, and on one inflorescence 20-30 flowers can be observed.
- Mystery Dream. The plant reaches a height of 80 cm. Petals are decorated with a light green color, unusual for flowers, with dark specks in the middle. Refers to frost resistant varieties.
- "Twins Cocktail." This flower extends up to 90 cm, and its color is saturated red. Such a bright bud can become the main decoration of the garden.
- "Mast C". The variety is distinguished by bright orange petals with a dark speck, but gradually the color changes and becomes white with a green center, while the dark speck remains. Also characterized by prolonged flowering.
- "Annemaris Dream . " Terry petals are snow-white in color, the specimen itself is quite high - up to 1 m.
- "Spring Pink . " The flower of the present variety does not exceed 75 cm in length, and its petals have a soft pink surface with a thin dark frame.
- "Seb Latte." Another compact plant, whose height is not more than 70 cm. Flowers of this variety are decorated with bright orange petals.
- "Double Sensation . " This species is characterized by a height of 90 cm and bright dark red flowers with a white center.
Before planting an Asian variety of lily, the soil needs to be well cultivated and, if necessary, ash, river sand, humus or compost should be applied. Very comfortable, these varieties feel in the land with horse peat. The recommended distance between two specimens is 35–40 cm. The depth of the planting hole is 15–25 cm. Before planting, gardeners advise soaking the planting material in a fungicide solution.
After planting the bulbs, it is customary to water well.
Asian terry lilies do not need special care, but some rules are important to observe.
- It is necessary to plant lilies in a well-lit place, in the shade, a gardener may never wait for flowering.
- Watering Asian varieties is required during the formation of buds and flowering. Usually the earth is moistened every 2-4 weeks. It is better to use a watering can and direct the stream under the root, without getting on the aerial part. Perform the procedure in the morning or evening. After flowering, lilies do not need watering.
- During budding, the plant should be fertilized, but during flowering, all dressings cease. The last fertilizer should be applied at the end of summer in order to prepare the bulb for the rest period. It is better to use mixtures containing potassium.
- For winter, Asian varieties do not need shelter, but for additional warming, you can cover the plant with a layer of mulch or snow.
See below for more details.