Roses "Kliming" belong to the group of climbing roses, they appeared due to somatic changes in the kidney tissues. Shrubs are characterized by growth power and late fruiting.
The difference between klimmers and ramblers
Climbing roses can be divided into two large groups:
- small-flowered - ramblers;
- large-flowered - klimmers.
The difference between these plants is based not only on the size of the buds, but also on the place of their appearance. Ramblers flowering on the shoots of previous years, and climbers on new ones.
Main characteristics of rambler roses:
- this type of climbing roses is characterized by good winter hardiness, therefore it is able to winter even with light shelter;
- rambler flowers are small, reaching a diameter of about 3 centimeters;
- the stem of the plant is flexible, creeping, can have a length of up to 15 m;
- depending on the variety, buds can be characterized by terry, be semi-double, and also painted in various colors;
- the period of a single flowering of plants falls on the first half of summer;
- roses are characterized by a two-year cycle of shoot development;
- flowers can be pink, red, lilac, yellow, white.
The large-flowered climbing rose was bred by crossing several varieties. This type is characterized by growth power, large buds and shoots of large length. The shape of the flower resembles a tea hybrid. Blooming roses once, but at the same time quite long. Unlike a small-flowered plant, the shoot of this species is hard, not thin. The bush can be grown without the presence of a support; it is characterized by frost resistance.
Having studied the detailed description of varieties of climbing roses "Kliming", each gardener will be able to choose the one that will perfectly grow and develop in Siberia or in a warmer climate. The following varieties can be attributed to the most popular and popular varieties of roses of this species.
- "Indigoletta." This rose is a vigorous large-flowered Climber, the end of the corolla of which has a bluish-lilac color. Usually, 2-3 flowers are located on the stem. The diameter of each flower is about 8 centimeters, while the plant produces a pleasant floral aroma during flowering. They are characterized by densely terry and have about 30 petals. A bush of roses can reach a height of 2.5 meters, and a width of 1.5 meters. The plant is characterized by moderate resistance to rain and disease.
- "Gloria Day" is a standard among plants of the whole planet. Buds of this variety have a lemon yellow color with a pink coating. Flowers emit a delicate pleasant aroma. The plant feels great in the northern climate, as well as southern. The goblet-shaped buds of Gloria Day are distinguished by their high-density, about 12 cm in diameter. The flowering of roses of this variety occurs throughout the summer period. The bush is cold-resistant.
- Apollo. This rose is a biennial plant. Dense flowers are characterized by a cupped shape and a sunny yellow color. The buds are small-flowered, each of them is characterized by a diameter of 5 cm. The bush blooms from the beginning of summer to frost, while the area is filled with a light aroma. The bush has a spherical shape and a height of 0.5 meters, there are practically no thorns on it. The variety is disease resistant and frost resistant. Apollo found itself in landscaping, decorating borders and paths.
- "Criterion" refers to the group of tea-hybrid. The plant can reach a height of 1.5 meters, while having a width of not more than 100 cm. The flowers are large, they have a diameter of 12 cm and raspberry color.
The bush feels most comfortable in 6 and 9 climatic zones.
- “Kimono” is characterized by high winter hardiness, while being able to develop well in an open and ventilated area. This variety of roses is called "beauty - floribunda." Each of the flowers is characterized by a salmon-pink color, which fades to a delicate pink. The brushes of the plant are large, erect, in each of them from 5 to 20 flowers are collected. The shrub grows to 100 cm in height. This variety is characterized by winter hardiness and reliability.
- "Rumba". Rose refers to polyanthus. The bushes of the plant are low, can reach up to 0.6 meters in height. The plant is covered with dark green matte leaves. The flowers are characterized by medium size and yellow-red petals. "Rumba" blooms profusely during the growing season, is able to bloom repeatedly. A flowering plant exudes a mild, pleasant aroma. The variety is winter-hardy and does not require special care.
- “Blue Moon” differs from others in its lush colors, which are painted in an unusual lilac-blue hue. This variety is re-flowering. When flowering, the plant is able to fill the territory with a pleasant, rich aroma. The rose is resistant to fungal infections in the form of spotting and low temperatures.
- "Ballet". This rose variety has dark pink buds with a diameter of up to 13 cm. The buds are distinguished by strong terryness, since there are about 55 petals on the rose. The shrub is covered with large, shiny green leaves. Flowering "Ballet" continues throughout the season. Rose is demanding on the soil, responds well to soils that are rich in humus. Used plant for vertical landscaping.
- "Naem." The climbing rose is characterized by the presence of pink fragrant cup-shaped, bushy flowers. The variety is resistant to disease. The shrub can be described as branched, with abundant flowering, which can grow to a height of 3 meters. The aroma of the buds is rich and very pleasant. "Naemu" is very fond of many gardeners.
- Golden is a large-flowered form that grows and develops well in warm and mild environmental conditions. The rose has an average winter hardiness, its bush can reach a height of 3 meters. The plant is characterized by a curly shrub and the presence of bright green foliage. Rose "Golden" blooms in yellow semi-double buds with a diameter of 10 cm. The bush blooms profusely, the process begins in early summer.
- Goldis. The bud of this plant is pointed. The flower is characterized by a diameter of 10 cm and a yellow-orange color. Terry buds exude a rather pleasant aroma. The bushes are tall, can grow up to 3 meters, they are sprawling, have a strong braided shoot. The rose blooms profusely and for quite some time, this period lasts all season. The variety is winter-hardy and stable, but at the same time demanding on the soil. Goldis found its application in vertical gardening.
- "Zephyrin Druen" refers to the popular tall varieties. The flat semi-double flower has a bright raspberry or pink color. The shrub reaches a height of 3 meters, and a width of 1.8. This rose blooms continuously, without interruption. The variety is quite picky about the soil, prefers rich in humus.
- "Paul Scarlet" is a once flowering and drought tolerant variety. The flowers are semi-double, they have a pleasant honey smell. Depending on the flowering period, the color of the flowers changes. They first acquire a bright crimson color, subsequently changing to cherry. The diameter of each rose is about 8 cm. The bush of a rose reaches a height of 2 to 3 meters and a width of 2.5. The most favorable regions for cultivating the variety are Moscow, Moscow Region, Voronezh, Bryansk Oblast. The plant is resistant to rain and freezing temperatures.
- Virgo is characterized by goblet-shaped flowers that have a pointed center. The flowers are single, semi-double with a diameter of about 10 cm. They bloom quickly, while being resistant to adverse environmental conditions. The leaf is dark, shiny. The beginning of flowering is considered the middle of June, this process continues until the onset of frost. The buds are white with a faint aroma.
- "Violet Perfume" is a hybrid tea species of roses. In height, it can reach up to 150 cm. When blooming, the buds turn into a cup-shaped, large flower with a diameter of 12 cm. Petals are long, they also have an undulation. In the middle, the bud is white, the main color of the flower is mauve, but in the afternoon it becomes saturated purple. The peculiarity of this variety is the smell, which is unusually pleasant, has notes of violets, cloves and citrus. The plant is characterized by winter hardiness and resistance to disease.
- "Enna Hacknes." The variety blooms with raspberry double flowers with a delicate aroma. The flowering period is characterized by abundance at the beginning of the summer season. The bushes of this variety are powerful, but not high, they are covered with glossy leaves with a dark green color. The plant is resistant to subzero temperatures and is often used for vertical gardening.
- "Peace" is presented in the form of a vigorous shrub, which reaches a height of no more than 150 centimeters. Crohn's variety is compact and shiny. The flowers are large, their color combines yellow, golden, pink colors. The fragrance is delicate and subtle. The flowering period is characterized by abundance and duration.
- The Chrysler Imperial deserves the title of Queen of the flowerbed. Among other representatives, it is distinguished by dark raspberry velvety flowers collected in the form of a tall glass.
After blooming, the rose smells very nice and rich. The bushes are tall, branched, but, unfortunately, not too resistant to disease.
Gardeners are very fond of Kliming roses, as they do not create difficulties for breeding. Reviews indicate that these plants are characterized by active growth of shoots, as well as bright and fragrant buds. “Kliming” is a wonderful material for landscaping, there is a lot of positive information from landscape designers who use these colors to decorate arches and decorate vertical surfaces.
Gardeners prefer the Julie Endrieux, Violet Perfume, Blue Moon and many others.
See how to properly plant and care for a climbing rose in the next video.