In the life of a modern person, not a single day passes without mobile devices, one of which is a laptop. Watching TV shows, favorite sites and other resources is a common leisure in your free time. Using a laptop is conveniently located in an armchair or sofa, although it is not always comfortable to hold it in your hands or on your knees: this can damage your eyesight or spine.
A specially designed laptop table can help out in this situation, with the help of which long work on a laptop will become much easier.
Notebook table - special stand. It can be stationary or mobile. Thanks to the wide range of materials and models of bedside tables, you can choose the best option for yourself. This can be a stationary or folding support with a variable height or a product with adjustable countertops, changing the angle of inclination and rotating around an axis.
Due to the rotation and rotation of the countertops, the bedside table is recognized as a universal piece of furniture and is often used for eating on a sofa or armchair. The design in the form of the letter "C" makes it particularly compact: the support on wheels rolls under the sofa and saves space.
Most manufacturers equip such tables with shelves for stationery, light sources and cup holders, which makes spending time with mini-organizers especially comfortable.
By the type of device, such tables are of two types:
- non-separable - most often made of plastic or wood: stylish, comfortable, transforming work into relaxation and organically blending into the interior;
- transformers are universal constructions with modification made of plastic or aluminum, therefore light, compact and reliable (when buying, it is important to consider the simplicity of transformation, changing the tabletop parameters when fitting to the size of a laptop).
Whatever table you choose, it should have:
- a limiter on the edge of the countertop, eliminating the sliding of the laptop;
- cooling system to prevent overheating of the laptop computer (built-in, connected via USB to the laptop, cooling the laptop system and prolonging its work);
- reliable support and a solid countertop, stability in any placement;
- resistance to mechanical damage.
Bedside tables have a lot of advantages, among which are especially relevant:
- Ergonomics Such structures weigh little, withstanding a load of about 15 kg. Thanks to this, you can place a laptop and other important accessories on the table. Many models are equipped with special mounts so that the equipment is securely fixed and does not fall in any position.
- Stylish look. Many advanced manufacturers (for example, Ikea) make bedside tables in different design directions and colors. This allows the laptop table to fit into any interior, become a full part of it and not get out of the general style.
- Simplicity of operation. Regardless of the model you choose, you are guaranteed the convenience of its use: the manufacturer takes into account all the nuances in the design development.
- Durability. Having acquired a high-quality table, you will forget about replacing it for many years.
- Functionality. Often these tables are used not only for their intended purpose. It is convenient to have a cup of coffee or a snack behind it.
In the production of bedside tables, different raw materials are used.
The most popular manufacturing materials are:
- Wood. Wood products occupy a leading position, they are resistant to damage, last for decades, have a solid appearance and fit perfectly into any environment.
- Plastic. Products from this material are characterized by durability and low weight. It is distinguished by a variety of shades, has a matte and glossy texture, looks stylish and modern.
- MDF and chipboard are an excellent alternative in terms of cost when compared with wood models. Externally, the designs are not inferior to wooden counterparts. A wide range of colors and textures MDF and chipboard makes it possible to choose a model that combines with the whole environment.
In addition to the design and material of the product, the size of the bedside table for a laptop is important. You should not choose a model that is too large for a cramped space, and vice versa, a table with a tabletop too compact can be very uncomfortable: it is so difficult to organize a full-fledged workplace.
Depending on the model, the height of the product can be 70-80 cm (up to 1 m in some models), the countertop length varies from 50 to 70 cm (in transformer models), and the width does not exceed 40 cm.
It is worth noting that the designs are characterized by compactness.
You can find out how to make a laptop table with your own hands from the video below.