One way or another, but each of us periodically needs a computer - someone for fun, someone for work. And in order to make the game process, watching a movie or scheduling the most comfortable, you need to choose the appropriate computer table that would be convenient for you. The most interesting option is computer tables-transformers: their types and designs are striking in their originality and convenience, in them everyone will find something for themselves.
One of the main features of transforming tables is their compactness. They can be easily folded, individual parts are cleaned, they can be easily transported from place to place within the same apartment. This advantage is especially noticeable in the case of small-sized apartments or small rooms where you need to maximize free space.
Also, it is impossible not to say about the functionality and versatility of such tables - for example, a computer table, in addition to its original purpose, can serve as a dining table and a table for working with papers, and much more for what. The main thing here is to get used to the fact that you use one piece of furniture in different ways.
Low price. Of course, such a table will not cost super-cheap, but think - how much money would you put out if you bought a separate dining, working and computer table? Surely several times more than one single transformer.
If you’ve already talked about the price, it’s worth mentioning the variety of choices - computer tables-transformers have been popular for many years, so they have taken their place in furniture stores.
You can find a table from any material, any design and in any price category. The same applies to the style of the purchased product - you can find carved tables made of beech in delicate colors, antique oak and many drawers, and many more options for the most demanding customers. Transformer tables are available even in the smallest town.
Materials for the manufacture
Not every design can be made of any material, so when choosing a transformer table, it is important to consider what it is made of. So, most often computer tables are made from:
- Tree. This is an environmentally friendly material that has always been considered a sign of wealth and good taste. The traditional option is an oak table, as it is the most popular wood species in the manufacture of furniture. Such tables will serve you for a long time, keep a beautiful appearance. Often tables are also made of ash, as it is able to withstand heavy loads, does not deform, is easily bent, flexible, which is very convenient during processing. Cherry tables in their characteristics are much similar to ash tables, however, their design is more elegant - because the natural shades of cherry wood range from dark pink to literally black.
Also, of course, beech attracts attention with its light, cast pink color. It is also very durable.
- Chipboard. Chipboard, in other words, sawdust and shavings. It differs from a tree in that it weighs less and is easier to process - it can be painted, laminated several times without any problems. Of course, it is cheaper, as it is a waste of production. However, when buying a table from chipboard, be sure to ask the consultant for certificates of compliance with sanitary standards - after all, the resin that connects the sawdust and shavings is often not used at the highest quality. The thing is that these resins are formaldehyde, but there is nothing to worry about if they belong to class E1.
But to take a table from a chipboard with a category E2 is categorically not recommended.
- MDF. Just like chipboard, it represents production waste, only not sawdust or shavings - but wood dust, connected not by formaldehyde, but by urea resin or paraffin and lignin. This resin is safer, therefore MDF is considered to be environmentally friendly and harmless material, which, of course, affects its price. And also, due to the fact that it is made of dust, MDF is extremely flexible - even the smallest details can be sculpted from it, which undoubtedly affects the appearance of the table.
Also, one cannot fail to mention the fact that computer tables of any designs are characterized by the presence of any decorative elements, made, as a rule, of wood, glass or even metal.
Types and designs
- Secretaire. It combines a computer table, and a cabinet with many drawers, and even sometimes a chest of drawers with a mirror for ladies' affairs. Some models have a side niche for the power supply, which is important for desktop computers. A distinctive feature of secretaries is a folding surface. In the “closed” state, it hides drawers and shelves from prying eyes, and in the “open” state it is a countertop. Perhaps because the creation of the secretary dates back to the eighteenth century, it is very often possible to meet antique versions in aristocratic tones and styles - for example, carved in beech or classic massive oak. The secretary can stand on four legs, or can rest on a curbstone, and in the latter case it makes it possible to use the shelves of the curbstone as a place to store the necessary things.
Drawers and shelves are also present on top, on the surface of the secretary.
- Mobile table. As a rule, it is equipped with wheels for movement, it is light, small in size. It is a tabletop on which you can easily fit a laptop or screen and keyboard with speakers (although often such tables also have additional shelves and drawers, including extendable additional tabletops for the keyboard), on long legs. It’s a very convenient design for working with a laptop, but for owners of stationary computers it’s better to opt for something more stable and functional, because it doesn’t matter if the table has wheels or not if the computer is “tied” to the wall outlet with wires. And then, such tables usually do not support a lot of weight - a screen, a keyboard, a mouse, two speakers, a processor, an uninterruptible power supply - all this can fly down at any time.
- Folding / folding table. Imagine - you live in a small apartment, and every meter of free space, literally, every wall, is important to you. The mobile table option is not suitable for you, because there is nowhere to rearrange it, and the secretary is too massive for you. There is an exit. Take a look at the folding table. It can be attached to any vertical surface - even against a regular wall, and rise due to a special mechanism at the very moment when you are going to work at the computer. All the rest of the time, it performs a purely decorative function - it hangs with a countertop down.
Models are presented in any size, you can find even the most compact version.
- With hinged panel. Such tables are ordinary-looking coffee tables, only the tabletop at them either rises to the level you need, or opens, forming an additional workspace. This option is also unusually compact. Due to the raised countertop, free space appears under it, which can be used to store things or a laptop necessary for work.
- Dresser table / wardrobe table. Perhaps, here it is, ideal for a desktop computer. Due to its design, it does not move and "stands firmly on the ground." It has separate shelves for uninterruptible power supply, processor, speakers, a special elevation for the monitor and even a retractable tabletop for the keyboard. It can be either angular or rectangular, sometimes even rounded. Perhaps this is the most popular option, and not just like that - in addition to the place to work at the computer, it also represents a successful symbiosis of shelves, drawers (linen and under the office) and the work surface.
Options in the interior
Often, computer desks try to push away so as not to callous eyes, which is extremely wrong. Perhaps this piece of furniture can become a real highlight of the interior, if you choose its choice correctly. We have provided for you some interesting options on how to arrange some computer tables-transformers, if you do not have a large amount of free space.
- Perhaps, in the case of a folding table, this is one of the most optimal and stylish options for the home. The size of the countertop is ideal to place on it both a laptop and a bowl of soup or another drawing. Also, take a look, right under the table there is an outlet - the ability not to run back and forth in the event of a low battery.
- Classic massive wardrobe table. The eye has already become accustomed to it; it does not cause any particular complaints, nor exclamations of admiration. This option is probably suitable for you if you want to use the space as competently as possible - for example, throw out extra shelves and shift all things here. However, one cannot fail to say how versatile its design is - it is also a table, and a closet for bedding or clothes, and an excellent workplace.
- Such a folding table with wheels will look very original. Firstly, it rides, it can be transported from room to room, and secondly, it can be used as a coffee table, as a computer table or as an option for hosting guests. Surely your family members will be delighted if you take lunch to such a table in the living room.
Overview of the computer table-transformer, see the next video.